PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions

Qartz
09-04-2013, 10:47 AM
Hello,
Im new in this game,
I like it pretty much, game art is cool and mechanics not bad, but i cant find guide how mechanics works, can i ask some questions?
I want to make good dps theatric (with two blades), which armor is better for me - light or medium? what Total Equipment Weight % is best? I am staying on 20% now (arms and head with medium, other light) By the way is there difference if one my arm is with medium and another with light armor?
Another question see two different stats - armor and defence, what is difference between armor number and defence number? which is more important? or armor 1 = defence 1?
And last question is Crit Rank important for me? Is 100/1000 enought? how it works?
Thanks

Dainoji
09-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the game.

I want to make good dps theatric (with two blades), which armor is better for me - light or medium?

There is no "best" answer to this question as it is highly dependent on your attributes and your strategy and your build. Since you are starting off experiment and scout the top gladiators in the arena to see what they are doing.

what Total Equipment Weight % is best?

As stated above, there is no "best" there is only "what is best for what you are doing for your particular gladiator". As a general rule keep it in the green, but there are players out there who have figured out how to be successful with more encumbrance.

By the way is there difference if one my arm is with medium and another with light armor?

It could cause you trouble late game if players know you always do this as they could then aim at your weaker arm but you can safely not concern yourself with that now.

what is difference between armor number and defence number?

armor helps reduce damage and defense helps reduce the chance you get hit.

which is more important?

Depends on your build. If you are a trying to be a defensive gladiator then they could both important. If you are trying to be an offensive gladiator than having gear with defense on it might not be a good idea because it is taking away from points that could be in more offensive stats like attack power. Then again maybe it could be and nobody has really tried it. Experiment.

armor 1 = defence 1?

No.

Crit Rank important for me? Is 100/1000 enought? how it works?

Again, it depends on your build. Early on focus on your skills, then your attributes and then you can play around with specials like crit rank. Those were only recently introduced into the game on a wide scale so not a lot is known about them yet. The higher the number the better.

Check out the player guides (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?922-Player-Guides) and focus on training your weapon skill to 10 as quick as possible. Those two pieces of advice will help you a lot. Oedi's Theatrics guide is out of date but there is still some good general info in there.

Qartz
09-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Thank you for answers,
One more question, how Luck stat works? Is Luck increasing Critical hit chance?

Prinny
09-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Nobody knows how luck works and if there are managers that understand the gist of it they probably won't give away this information. I would however like to divert your attention here (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?399-Tip-of-the-Week!).
Tip #9 has the vague explanation of the luck stat that all of us get :p

zbrojovka
11-16-2013, 09:36 AM
I can't figure out how to start a new thread, so I am going to piggy back off this one. I have been playing for about a week. Today when I go to the skills tab, it won't let me increase skills unless I use trophies. Is this normal? For now on I would have to spend money to increase my gladiator skills?

Prinny
11-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the game^^
Could you provide some screenshots? Might be able to see what's the problem from those.

zbrojovka
11-16-2013, 01:11 PM
Thank You. I am still trying to figure it out.

I feel like an idiot. Somebody in game helped me out.

It turns out everything is fine. I had a major brain fart. I was looking at the learn unlearn parts of the skill. I had forgotten that I just needed to click on the skill and it would train.

All is well.