PDA

View Full Version : Wonky stable ranking

Alba Kebab
08-30-2013, 11:39 PM
I noticed my stable ranking was a bit weird a while ago, didn't think to bug report it until I noticed my stable ranking actually dropped into an even lower bracket after some recent updates.

My stable is currently in the young stable bracket, a 30k+ fights stable grouped together with all the 50 fights or less stables.
Bloody Tigers also seems to be in a strange place in the Established stables bracket, another stable with 30k+ fights in the 50 fights crowd.

OLB
08-31-2013, 12:39 AM
Bloody Tigers has -800k points too. :D

oedi
08-31-2013, 01:05 AM
It because of all the losses in blood gods, my best stable with only blod gods gladiators is the lowest ranked of my stables. While my best ranked stable are only young gladiators still rising in the ranks. My best guess on how to stay on top of the stable rankings is to retire any gladiator promoted to blod gods and start a new one. That way you will always have glads rising in the ranks to accumulate points for the stable ranking.

OLB
08-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for tip, oedi! ;)

Alba Kebab
09-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Hmm, I just checked my win/loss ratio in BG.
Hubba and Neera both have more wins than losses, and only Mr Pete has more losses than wins this season, but if I add up or average the win/loss of all 3 I still have more wins than losses.
Last season all 3 had more wins than losses.

Maybe somehow the system is only picking up the losses and not counting the wins?

Prinny
09-01-2013, 02:31 AM
I agree oedi is your aim is to be #1 in stable rankings keep selling your gladiators and make new ones.
This just doesn't seem right though.
http://i39.tinypic.com/212ssaa.png

Lunarion199
09-01-2013, 03:58 AM
Maybe somehow the system is only picking up the losses and not counting the wins?
Well in Prinny's screenshot a stable with 78 losses is ranked above another one with just 7 losses and 82% win ratio. Maybe total number of fights matter too, and even losses fetch some points to the stable.

keep selling your gladiators and make new ones. This just doesn't seem right though.
hm.. Could there be any other parameters/criteria we can think of? I personally very much feel that all wins/losses should not be treated alike. Player levels and brackets should matter. There must be a difference between a level 1 fresh meat winning his match and a level 50 blood god winning his.

Today I was surprised to see my stable ranked 33 Immortalized, when I haven't ever had a single gladiator beyond Primus level and there is no comparison between this stable and the stable Imperial Guards which is actually one level below it!

In case of Bloody Tigers, it seems there must be some error in code/calculations which is getting magnified in some way..?

Dainoji
09-01-2013, 09:07 PM
If your grand plan is to make glads and sell them after 10 fights so you can game the stable rankings maybe you should go play a different game or find a new hobby. Every game is going to have its loopholes, and I'm pretty sure there is some text somewhere in the terms and conditions that states if you exploit loopholes you get banned. I'm not sure if the number of losses in blood gods is enough to drop top stables all the way back to the Young bracket and I've never ever seen a stable with negative points in all the time playing. When I used to keep track of stable rankings it seemed to simply be a calculation of all your gladiators ranking points added up over time. If you had two glads with a 10 ranking your stable would have 20 points, if you then sell one of those glads and buy a new one and he gets to 5 points your stable would now have 25 points. If your first glad loses 10 points your stable would now be at 15 points. I suppose if you are constantly getting your ass handed to you in the upper brackets you will see yourself fall from grace but all the way to the bottom? I don't think so. Likely a bug.

Nate
09-02-2013, 04:55 AM
When I have some time I'll take a look and see what might be going on. I have some thoughts on redoing how stables are ranked (along with HoL glads) when I have a chance.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Alba Kebab
09-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok, as long as you know Nate, seeing as this doesn't affect anything directly I'm happy to wait.

And just for an update, since posting in just the 3 days my stable has slipped from the 'Young' into the 'Unknown' bracket, something is dropping me like a stone. :p
http://i41.tinypic.com/vo0ls4.jpg

Apoca1ypse
09-02-2013, 10:41 PM
And just for an update, since posting in just the 3 days my stable has slipped from the 'Young' into the 'Unknown' bracket, something is dropping me like a stone. :p

It's cos you suck :P

<3

Alba Kebab
09-03-2013, 07:51 AM
But but but, not that much....:(

Apoca1ypse
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM
true. I'll buy you kneepads so that you can regain favor :P