PDA

View Full Version : Counter Attack

Dainoji
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
So I'm running a theatrics gladiator now and wondering when other managers use counter attack, it has been a mixed bag for me.

Also the obvious build is to use a fast weapon and get GV as high as you can. Has anyone else run a different build, possibly crossing over into the other trees?

Arkham
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
I use counterattack to lose. The 'suggested' approach would be t a high activity and trigger on 'enemy attacks more', perhaps maximizing your attacks. I put on some slower weapons and give this a try, and am approaching 50% (which is really bringing down my numbers). Parry styles are a death sentence vs ragers and if you are waiting to be to set your gladiator tohit by a rager, you have already lost.

I get the idea of DOT but with most fights over in 20 seconds... I'm just having no luck with Theatrical.

Dainoji
03-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Well, it makes sense to me not to go parry against ragers, and actually counter attack has been more successful for me against ragers, it is against the slower gladiators that I've found trouble.

Garlic88
07-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Thought i'd ressurrect this thread rather than start another. I'm still struggling with counter attack. Having had bad experiences in the past i havent used it for a while, but have just tried to get it going. I set my fight strat as "when opponent attacks more, use counter attack, 8 activity, 8 bloodlust". I was hoping to bash those duel wielding ragers before they get all their attacks in. This was the result:

Both warriors stare at one another before taking their positions!

R O U N D 1

>> THUNDER LIPS SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1

>> SPIZZLER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1

>> SPIZZLER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 2

THUNDER LIPS pelts right at her enemy.

THUNDER LIPS attacks out-of-control with her CHIPPED BASTARD SWORD.

SPIZZLER backs up a few inches as THUNDER LIPS descends upon him! (-Shock & Awe-)

Slash to SPIZZLER's hand sends severed fingers to the ground! (+201 Damage)

• Can Not Defend: 1 round

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!

THUNDER LIPS ferociously hacks at SPIZZLER using her deadly CHIPPED BASTARD SWORD.

THUNDER LIPS looks to seriously damage SPIZZLER's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)

THUNDER LIPS's CHIPPED BASTARD SWORD connects with SPIZZLER's bicep creating towering wounds! (+209 Damage)

Resisted Stun Effect!

THUNDER LIPS overruns SPIZZLER and looks to slice into him.

THUNDER LIPS tries to fake SPIZZLER out with a few twirls of her weapon! (-Feint-)

Wild upward slash removes SPIZZLER's face from his skull! (+194 Damage)

SPIZZLER moves and leaps around his adversary.

SPIZZLER looks to hurt his enemy with his CHEAP BASTARD SWORD.

Fans begin to leave disgusted after that last hit to the solar plexus. (+33 Damage)

SPIZZLER hustles uncontrollably to and fro.

SPIZZLER spins around, swinging his WARPED EPEE in a powerful and deadly arc.

SPIZZLER looks to disarm THUNDER LIPS with one of his signature moves! (-Signature Move: Disarm-)

THUNDER LIPS cringes as her weapon drops to the ground after the strike!

THUNDER LIPS picks up a long forgotten RAPIER off the ground.

SPIZZLER makes an off handed attack.

SPIZZLER closes on THUNDER LIPS and attempts to injure her.

SPIZZLER attempts to puncture THUNDER LIPS with his WARPED EPEE.

SPIZZLER puts a hand up to her ear before attacking and the crowd roars his name! (-Strength of the Crowd-)

SPIZZLER lands a strike on THUNDER LIPS's head inflicting stalwart wounds! (+44 Damage)

Resisted Stun Effect!

SPIZZLER moves with unbridled energy.

SPIZZLER looks to stick THUNDER LIPS.

SPIZZLER's determination in hitting THUNDER LIPS's cheek pays off causing solid injuries! (+33 Damage)

SPIZZLER moves with uncontrolled energy around the arena.

SPIZZLER strikes at THUNDER LIPS and seeks to hurt his opponent.

R O U N D 2

THUNDER LIPS rams into SPIZZLER and attempts to injure her adversary.

THUNDER LIPS's attack lands on SPIZZLER's armpit inflicting gigantic damage! (+99 Damage)

>> SPIZZLER SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 3

THUNDER LIPS collides with SPIZZLER and looks to cut through him.

The blow to SPIZZLER's shin lands with cyclopean force! (+89 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS moves furiously trying to gain the advantage.

THUNDER LIPS uses her razor sharp CRUDE BASTARD SWORD to wildly strike at SPIZZLER.

THUNDER LIPS looks to seriously damage SPIZZLER's armour! (-Sunder Armour-)

THUNDER LIPS smiles after the beastly hit to SPIZZLER's mouth! (+217 Damage)

SPIZZLER spins around and face plants following the strike!

THUNDER LIPS looks at the crowd as she speeds around the battle field.

THUNDER LIPS strikes forward viciously, her RAPIER moving with amazing speed.

Colossal strike to the back of the head. THUNDER LIPS's weapon can be seen protruding out of the forehead...must have missed vital areas of the brain! (+189 Damage)

THUNDER LIPS looks at the crowd as she hustles around the battle field.

THUNDER LIPS sneaks in an off handed strike.

THUNDER LIPS attempts to slice SPIZZLER.

THUNDER LIPS's attack lands on SPIZZLER's Achilles tendon creating cyclopean wounds! (+101 Damage)

SPIZZLER begs and pleads that his life be spared, and in a moment of weakness, THUNDER LIPS allows it!

The fight lasted 21 seconds!

Spizzler wasn't up to the challenge and is dragged off the bloodied sands!

Ok that took forever to edit the gaps... Anyway as you can see, the enemy attacked several times first, then i attacked several times. Then new round, same again and i lose before i manage to get round 2's attacks in. I thought counter attack made you hit back once immediately after each attack from the enemy until all your attacks for that round are used? With this in mind, does low initiative have any effect on the counter attack style, as it should be the attack style that dictates when and what order you attack, rather than initiative.

Thanks.

Dainoji
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
For starters, you're fighting Thunder Lips, so there is very little you can do to win! ;)

Your initiative is too slow, counter attack was changed awhile ago to give a boost to initiative so you would attack after your opponent attacked, but if your opponent's initiative is very high you'll still have trouble. This is how it should be in my opinion or otherwise a slow fat glad could just set their style to counter attack and nullify light armor, lots of trains and buffs that the opponent might have. Work on upping your initiative if you want to counter attack more effectively but also realize light armor speed rages are going to be very hard to outdo. I think Solstice at one point had his agility in the 180+ range in order to do so. Maybe Team Kaos's ghost can chime in and help out. :)

Garlic88
07-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Ok cheers Nainoji that makes sense. Thunder Lips must be so much faster to get all his attacks in... Better train some armour movement!

Alba Kebab
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Your agility is still the major factor, if you tried counter-attack against the tier2 arena boss Byrd of Prey you could see the difference your agility score makes in how soon you swing after him.