PDA

View Full Version : All the Rage

Team Kaos
03-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Seems there are a lot more Rage gladiators these days. From top to bottom the ladders are just jammed packed with those 1 handed wielding maniacs.

Seems many are going for the easy big weapon, big damage quick win strategy.
I've tried it, but rage gladiators just aren't my bag, baby...

Perhaps the next wave of Rager's will do better then the current one's that seem to have stalled just shy of the top.

Warmonger
03-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm not surprised there are a lot of them running around. There was a big trend away from War when the change on tanking happened (Undeserved as we both well know) and Theatrics get a similarly bad rep, along with underperforming early on in many cases.

Rage loses a lot of its advantage when going against opponents who can't be put down quickly. As the top warriors continue to level up and gain more skills and HP, I expect we'll see a bigger and bigger gap between them and the Rage guys.

Team Kaos
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Rage loses a lot of its advantage when going against opponents who can't be put down quickly.

Well, so far I believe the general idea of the Rage is that first swing to knock the hell out the opponent. Rage specialty is gifted with advantage of getting the first swing in nearly every match no matter the agility of the opponent, albeit not always the most accurate but when it is a 1 handed weapon can lay the smackdown. For the most part that first blast will be the beginning of the end and win a lot of matches except vs the really good fighters.

I think that is what is helping cause the wave towards a Rage, lower end fighters don't have the extended health just yet or the defensive skill to limit the big blast and is bringing a lot of early wins to the Rage.

And that is what has happened so far, lots of early success has been overtaken by good defensive fighters or fighters with heavy armor that can absorb those bombs at the higher level.

As the top warriors continue to level up and gain more skills and HP, I expect we'll see a bigger and bigger gap between them and the Rage guys.

Not sure if the gap will grow because some of those 2 handed weapons can hand out massive damage and will only grow with the level increases. All it takes it 2 solid shots from a 2 handed rage and game over. Some weapons are already over 300 damage and I've seen hits over 600 from them. Though most do generally 250+ per hit as a norm.