PDA

View Full Version : 40 Size (Searching advice from experienced Pitmasters)

Thor
08-10-2013, 07:52 AM
So, I started playing this game 4 days ago.
Started with a nice rage (Thor Odinson) and quickly bought a second slave, which i made a war with 2 blades.
But, since I was not really confident with the results and had this AMAZING :D slave in the market today, decided to sell the second one and buy this new, shiny dwarf.

Stats are:
82 Strength, 73 Intellect, 69 Agility, 79 Stamina, 40 Size, 73 Presence, 74 Chi
The costs were 937 I think.

So, as I played a LOT of games in my long online gaming carreer (If you ever managed to set eyes upon an account named "NijAAlba" in any game, thats me ;), I read a lot in this forum and already tested a lot around in the game itself.
But, still, I am searching your advice.
I made this slave a snivler and I have chosen the theatrics specialty, as: Size is really too low to consider and rage or a DFA-bomb, and the other part of the war-specialty is also impossible by the limits to the armour with only 40 size. So going for theatrics seem slike the reasonable choice, so was snivler for bleeding and initiative.
So far the slave did very well, but sitting below 10 victories in the arena, I basically have no idea if I made the right choicces.

For weapons I chose shield, since it goes with a 82/73/79 stat-boost and for weapons the maces, as they go with 82/73. I hope these choices will end up as the right ones, since the attributes to support them are by far the highest.

I know these 40 size will hurt, but as there is only 1 theatrics-skill which uses size (Armour movement, which I considered semi-important), I will stay with light armor anyways and I hope to out-dance my low HP-pool, I hope she will make it up to the top one day, would be amazing.

So, your opinions, dear masters of the arena?
Has everyone ever trained a gladiator with 40 size ?

Thanks in advance for much appreciated effort and shared knowledge.

Thor

Prinny
08-10-2013, 10:08 AM
The only rage I have had to ever be close to that size was the previous Vyers whom sported 47 size and was a DW Maces Rage, to be honest I wouldn't make anything under atleast 60 size (likely wouldn't accept anything under 70 size since I set to high standards for my glads :p)

Vyers did pretty well before I got bored of waiting and sold him to recreate him as a HOL slave but than again he was a rage, with these stats I would've done the same as I had done to him as the Strength is 13 points higher compared to the agility.

All I can say is the glad is awesome but I wouldn't have made him a theatrics..:p

Thor
08-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I do agree, I thought of other possibilities, but more or less every skill having Size in it would pretty much ruin this I figured. So instead of this I went for the thing moving along his weakness the best, which was theatrics I thought^^

And for the standart: Well, you see, I play for 4 days, and normally I would have very high standarts, but on the other hand I really love challenges, so getting the first 40-size-gladiator into higher brackets would be an awesome first big thing to pull off in this game :p

But, seriously: He will fail due to 0 HP and I will sell him and buy another one once one will show up meeting the high standarts ;) Thor Odinson is going to be kept forever I think and so far I have not collected the throphies to get the next upgrade to the stable, so gotta stick with 2 gladiators for a while :)

Prinny
08-10-2013, 10:23 AM
He will probably die in 1 or 2 hits in the higher brackets though, especially in light armour being a 40 size snivler :p

HeMaTra
08-10-2013, 12:22 PM
i would have made that glad a rage. 40 size for thea isn't viable.

Thor
08-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Why isnt it viable for theatrics, but viable for rage ? ^^

What i thought was: As a rage, she may overpower the enemy enough for the HP to not matter, BUT (And I figured thats a big, fat BUT): With this size missing, all her skill wont be as effective, so she will have problems with exactly this: overpower the enemy fast enough.
As a theatrics, yes, she may lack the HP to hold defense long enough after she applied some bleeding.
Both options seemed very sub-optimal, but I wanted to test it out, so I can acquire knowledge of dwarf sized gladiators.

Actually, could someone give me the heigth of a snivler with its Sizevalue, I woudl like to know HOW small she is :D

Thor

HeMaTra
08-10-2013, 01:33 PM
hmmmm. theatrics can equip themselves with medium armor(armors that are heavier than light armors, ofc). having that 40 size, i think its not a good idea to put that glad into theatrics.

one more thing, a glad having a high str, high chi and stamina would exactly fit into a rage.

just my 2 cents. :cool:

Thor
08-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes, of course I was aware of the drawback of not really be able to use the heavier armor pieces and I will most likely never be able to equip a medium torso-piece :D

And the stats are great, not only for rage, except for size everything is in a reasonable number. I still saw all the size triggers in the rage-tree, so I think I would rather use a huge Rage^^ I mean, I would have 0 HP as a rage too ... And I would

Anyways, if I see a better gladiator at the market AND my little fighter already started to fall off, I will sell him of course. But as long as the latter is not the case, this new slave in the market would need to be godlike close to 1000 gold or so to even consider giving up this challenge :D

Sotc
08-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I have heard that small glads get a defense bonus to compensate. A spite wearing a shield may be an option for this glad.

*Not sure how significant the bonus is; some have complained that it is not noticeable

Thor
08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
So, in "Gladiator" now and already lost 2 battles to guys actually hitting me :D
I dont even know how I won the battle royal in "elite" yesterday.

I would hate the fact this slave could have been like 10x better as rage XD Newbienesslevel was too dam high, I guess.
For being a spite: Yeah, again, I did not realise HOW LOW HP I will have, so I went with snivler, my bad ^^

My statements with buying another one, if a good one shows up will be true sooner than later :p

Prinny
08-11-2013, 06:41 AM
So, in "Gladiator" now and already lost 2 battles to guys actually hitting me :D

He is so small none of the other gladiators saw him :p

Thor
08-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Yes, this is pretty much hof I won the first Battle royale :D

18 - 3 now with one of 2 options: The enemy doesnt hit me at all and I survive with 100-80% HP OR the enemy lands 2 or 3 hits, I start to bleed, fight is over :p

I start thinking about buying equip with Stamina only to get them HP up ^^ (And add all achievements with size, but +2 isnt this much either)

Alba Kebab
08-12-2013, 02:00 AM
You want speed. The only certain way not to get hit is if you put down the other guy first.
Because the higher you go, the tougher the opponent gets and the higher chance they will hit you eventually if the battle lasts too long.

riggen
08-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Size 40 AND Snivler as a race sounds pretty bad. It's health will be abysmall. Said health will also be more and more of an issue as you progress through the ranks. On the flipside, it would be VERY interesting to see it have some degree of succes, so good luck with it :P

Thor
08-12-2013, 03:10 AM
Alba: What do you mean exactly with speed ? Skilling/Equipping more agility ?
And actually, some of the battles I won went to a pass-out from someone and I still had 90-100% HP left!

riggen: Yes, I am interested in the results as well, however the path up to there already started to be heavy :D
Today I dont even went even in the pits :/ I never had this before on any gladiator in the last week and Thor is a lot higher, so he already has way better enemies^^

Fights still go 2 ways: I kill them with about 90-100% HP left or they are able to hit me and I lose, no matter how close their HP go, I always lose :p

riggen
08-12-2013, 04:14 AM
I've watched her fights. Why are you slashing with a mace? >.< Maces are not sharp! Also, they apply next to no bleeding. Since you went for Axes/Maces as she has great STR you COULD equip an axe, stick to slashing, stack defence power like HELL and hope to bleed people down. Only defensive option I could see for her. Don't really know what else she could do.

Also, Snivler health is traumatic :(. I have a 75 Size snivler that has 998 Health at lvl 46. He's got 94 stamina but the increase in health is pretty small >_>.

It should be real fun imagining Freya Njororson fighting a trug with huge size. 310 cm and 557 kg thing in heavy armour or such chasing down a 38 kg snivler around trying to squash it :D

Thor
08-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Oh, thanks for the bashing - tip. Thought I had it on bash since the start, turned out it was slash XD
Weapon choice at the moment is where I get the better option found^^ Once I get great options at the blacksmith, ill choose what suits me best then. Axes will be better I think, as I went for snivler.

75 size snivler: How tall is he exactly ? Freya is 107 cm :)

Concerning the health increase: you saw my other topic ? maybe you know more than I do ;)

riggen
08-12-2013, 04:38 AM
He's 137cm tall and weighs 58 kg. Damned goblins.

I never took the time to calculate how health works. However, for my current 2h war, removing a piece of equipment that adds 7 stamina changes his health from 1357 to 1318 thus 7 stamina = 41 health. This would mean that 1 stam = 5.85 Health or somesuch. However, his size might play a role in this, it may work as a modifier, or it may not, IDK. I don't have any gear pieces that only give STR, to make it easier to calculate how much hp he gains per STR point though.

Yet removing a 3 stam 4 str piece changes his health from 1357 to 1335, hoping that I didn't fuck up my last stam calculation, this would mean that the stamina in this piece was worth about 17 health so the 4 str changed my health from 1357 to 1352, thus 4 STR = 5 Health so each point of str = 1.25 health.

My simple brain hurts.

HeMaTra
08-12-2013, 05:05 AM
bleeders work better when equipped with blades for rages imo.

riggen
08-12-2013, 05:12 AM
bleeders work better when equipped with blades for rages imo.

Can't agree with this. Also, Total Carnage kicks ass, bleeder rages don't have the defensive attributes of bleeding theatrics, no Strength of the Crowd and no Crowd Pleaser. They deal higher damage per hit I guess, since they're gonna rampage no matter what, but they are probably easily squished.

Not speaking from experience tho.

Thor
08-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Well, as I have already chosen theatrics, it doesnt matter ^^

I will need these 2 skills as well as the armour movement really badly :D
As soon as I find a comparable axe to the mace I now have, I will of course pick it up for the bleeds.

And for the health-value: Thanks, I would be glad if I get enough information, so I can figure it out.
Not that it would matter a lot, there is soooo much randomness in the fights, so its really hard to get plain formulas and stuff to help a lot.

Still, I love theorycrafting in almost every game I play, it makes my brain do something and I enjoy it.

And well, for original slaves 75 size is already a small bit over average, but we can take this. A 137 cm snivler is at least something :D 107 ... I mean, Daem, thats short :p

riggen
08-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Funny thing is, my biggest slave is also my only non-HOL slave. 75 size for hol slaves can be considered kinda bad I guess..

Makes me feel bad now that I think of it. Have you decided on what her build will be? Or what she will rely on?

Also, just so I can bitch abuot something for no good reason: Unless she's a transsexual, she'd be Freya Njorordottir :P

Thor
08-12-2013, 06:33 AM
oh yeah, dam im dumb :D
Thanks for helping me out, I created her and the name at about 1am. Bad excuse, but still XD Hm, if I see no way to get her to HOL, I could sell her now and wash away my sin ^^
OR: We could say it is used as lastname and not as the traditional, origin - explaining name the nordics used :D Then its completely okay :p

Well, I planned on going for A+M and Shields, as her attributes just forced me to do this.
Crowd pleaser, strength of the crowd, armour movement, hamstring and overwhelming presence seem like important with her size. As I dont see her using any of the crossclass-skills effectively, I thought if going all the way to bloody spectacle. Hence also picking gratuitous violence.
Surprise ending also for the one time suprise defense it delivers hopefully :D

You see, I play for less than 1 week, so I have no idea if this will work, as I lack experience. I went for 2 points in called shot so far, seemed like a nice choice, but ofc maybe ill have to unlearn it again.

Thor
08-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Level: 1
Name: Slave
74 81 55 75 63 75 74

Cost 950, the highest I have seen this week.
The low agility kinda bothers me :D Its not like getting someone with 40 size, but it is low. And only 63 size ^^ Not that this would be very low for my measures, but still ... :D On the other hand, he is super-intelligent, which would help with being anything, I guess. I would make him a rage, I guess, IF I can pick him up.

The problem is, being short of 1 trophy to barracks 2/4 (And only paysafecard available here, which is no payment option in POW) I would have to dismiss Freya.
Which I actually dont want, and if it is just for taking the challenge and tryint to bring her up all the way ;)

Thor
08-25-2013, 07:41 AM
Okay, if anyone is curious: Sold her ^^

She was hitting a wall this giant, where everyone beat her, literally everyone. One bleeding applied - Dead, 2 or 3 rounds without dealing damage - Passing out

I really wanted to pull this off, but well. At least I learned a lot with this gladiator.

Thor

Gar Grom
08-25-2013, 10:46 AM
I noticed that a lower size is good for Theatrics glads as well.

My girl Vyzov Vorze 75 64 75 70 57 55 68

was a monster out the gate, even with subpar gear she couldn't be touched. It took me a while before I even got her proper weapons and she made chars with blue gear in the War side look bad. It maybe because she's a Elarr so they're naturally fast, plus activity of 10 makes her a blur. Hell she even got a few knockouts I don't know if that's a status effect of cestus type weapons or just because she got a lucky head shot.

Lunarion199
08-25-2013, 07:01 PM
I have played size 50 war glad long time before the respec and he was doing well till level 35 or so; after respect size mattered a lot for wars so I sold him. Currently my rager Kael, size 55, in warlords bracket at level 37 and is doing well so far. I kept him after respec without much hopes but he did well.

If I ever get a size 40 slave I would make him probably a exotic theatric but his base presence and agility will have to be above 90 :-)