PDA

View Full Version : Still smoothing out some bumps

Nate
07-31-2013, 01:16 AM
The recent update seems to not want to play nice with the Blood Games...I'm in the process of fixing it. :) Like last time your fight happened and should be in your My Fights page, but the results list is not available.

oedi
07-31-2013, 01:57 AM
final ranking is a mess, the points are right but no change in the actual ranks happend. Example: Arrrrgpirate shows as rank #5 but should`ve been moved up the position #2 with his final 12 points.

Nate
07-31-2013, 02:47 AM
final ranking is a mess, the points are right but no change in the actual ranks happend. Example: Arrrrgpirate shows as rank #5 but should`ve been moved up the position #2 with his final 12 points.

Thanks Oedi. All fixed up now. :)

Apoca1ypse
07-31-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm loving how promptly Nate is fixing stuff :D

Makes me have much less buyer's remorse when I spend money because it's actually going to someone who takes pride in their product and looks after it and the playerbase :)

Kreegan
07-31-2013, 03:39 AM
Yesterday my stable got 3 days of auto-repair from the Street Games and according to the description of the awards I should not be charged for the repairs. However after each fight on the arena some amount of gold - about equal to that of the needed repairs - gets subtracted from my current amount. So I'm not quite sure if the "free auto-repair" means that you pay no trophies for it or it's totally free (also no gold)?

Nate
07-31-2013, 04:00 AM
Yesterday my stable got 3 days of auto-repair from the Street Games and according to the description of the awards I should not be charged for the repairs. However after each fight on the arena some amount of gold - about equal to that of the needed repairs - gets subtracted from my current amount. So I'm not quite sure if the "free auto-repair" means that you pay no trophies for it or it's totally free (also no gold)?

Jimmy pays the the Blacksmith's Auto-Repair fee.

Kreegan
07-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Good to know, thanks.

Narol
08-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Sorry Nate, but the bug in the Blood Games results is back today with a vengence...

For exemple, results page says that Kaspar scored a win against Neera (fight 47) but when I click it to see the fight I see him fight against Tanzanite and lose ! ( In "my fights" I have the same fight against Tanzanite recorded for Blood Games Day so that seems to be the correct one....)

Worse, in rankings Kaspar has a 1 point instead of 0 and is matched against someone (ElevenTwentyTwo) who scored 1 point too....

It's the same mess for all my other glads except Siam who is the only one to have the correct opponent listed.

Hope that will help locate the cause of the problem....

Nate
08-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi Narol,

I think what happened there is after the trouble from the past two days there were old files laying around on the server and those got moved into your my fights section instead of the day 1 blood games files. You can ignore them. The Blood Games results list is correct but the actual fight files are gone for the mistaken fights. If it happens again please let me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM
There's a bug with the Street Games refresh - when you switch between the Gauntlet and the Street Games (click on the links), it changes the available gear.

Narol
08-02-2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks Nate, the bug seems gone for day 2 results of Blood Games, as far as I am concerned.

Narol
08-02-2013, 07:58 AM
It doesn't seem to be a bug, but rather a balance problem in gold use/distribution...

I've noticed that since the update I am losing some gold everyday while I am offline, I believe that's related to the new cost of resurrection as deaths happen often in seasons and all my 5 glads are in it...

OLB
08-02-2013, 08:45 AM
It doesn't seem to be a bug, but rather a balance problem in gold use/distribution...

I've noticed that since the update I am losing some gold everyday while I am offline, I believe that's related to the new cost of resurrection as deaths happen often in seasons and all my 5 glads are in it...

Maybe you got challenged in arena? IF enemy wins - he takes gold from you, if it is not stored in bank... (through challenge option)

Narol
08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
No, my 5 glads are in Seasons and challenges are impossible there so I am not concerned by the risk of spoils of war.

The only way I can lose money when I am offline are the auto-repair and auto-heal costs due to the seasons and Blood Games fights, but before the update that was more than compensated by the fight payoffs, which isn't the case anymore probably because of the hugely increased resurrection costs...

I already have the intendant staff which double all the gold incomes, so I fear situation is even worse for trainers who don't have it !

PS : My doctor was only rank 1 then, so I have raised it to rank 3 and things seems a little better as that reduces the healing costs since he now cures 80% of the injuries for free instead of just 20%, but money incomes stay tigh...

Narol
08-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Ouch, I logged today and found that I had lost more than 300 K gold overnight !!!

I've been very lucky and won 300 K back at the street game (thanks to my allies for the squids !) and then lost 190 K again in one fight (!!) when Slim Tailor got killed by Bloody Lady...

Nate, there is really a big problem with the new gold balance, can you please check what is going wrong please because we will all get broke very fast if things ain't fixed.

PS : If other trainers noticed problems with gold too, please testify !

Nate
08-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Ouch, I logged today and found that I had lost more than 300 K gold overnight !!!

I've been very lucky and won 300 K back at the street game (thanks to my allies for the squids !) and then lost 190 K again in one fight (!!) when Slim Tailor got killed by Bloody Lady...

Nate, there is really a big problem with the new gold balance, can you please check what is going wrong please because we will all get broke very fast if things ain't fixed.

PS : If other trainers noticed problems with gold too, please testify !

As mentioned in the update notes, the older a gladiator (i.e. the more fights he or she has) the more expensive it is to bring them back from the dead. Be sure you utilize all your options to acquire gold each day from doing tavern contracts to fighting in the underground pit fights. If your stable has numerous gladiators who are very old operating costs are going to be more than before.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Narol
08-04-2013, 07:54 AM
190 K for a resurrection is just not sustainable, and it will get worse over time as the glads get even much older...

Is the idea of that change to force the older glads in unwanted retirement by hitting people at the wallet ?

Couldn't the cost be by level rather than by number of matches, with a reasonable cap like 50 K ?

Kreegan
08-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Should we be able to see the stats of the items in battles where we do not own neither of the participating gladiators?

Extract from the Blood Games:

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/3629/jkb8.png

Nate
08-04-2013, 08:41 AM
190 K for a resurrection is just not sustainable, and it will get worse over time as the glads get even much older...

Is the idea of that change to force the older glads in unwanted retirement by hitting people at the wallet ?

Couldn't the cost be by level rather than by number of matches, with a reasonable cap like 50 K ?

Nothing is ever set in stone, but for now this is how things work. A Master has many decisions to make when managing a stable and there are always multiple ways to accomplish a task or goal. With regards to resurrecting a gladiator, if you do not wish to use gold, you can use a few trophies, if you do not wish to use trophies you can use gold, if you do not wish to use either you can consider retirement. The choice is left to each manager and their play style.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
08-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Should we be able to see the stats of the items in battles where we do not own neither of the participating gladiators?

Extract from the Blood Games:

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/3629/jkb8.png

Yes but not for long. :) Yes, post update you were supposed to see it as I was testing it out, not for long as it will be changing back as I think it is better that way. We may play with not being able to see the opponent's gear's details either in your own fights other than things you could see with your eyes or deduce like speed, weight, gem color, etc.

Narol
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Objections, your honor !

1) I have 45 days pre-paid of auto-heal so I don't have the option of using trophies for resurrections as the Temple automatically use gold instead.

2) Slim Tailor is engaged in the Blood Games so I don't have the option to retire him available either before the first of September.

3) I don't have available every day the time necessary to do all the annext activities that can earn my stable more gold (i.e. tavern runs, Jimmy's Pit fights and successful gauntlet attempts) so keeping the gold balance positive will be very tough... Even worse, I'm leaving on Holidays next saturday and probably won't have internet access for 2 full weeks so I will still lose money in seasons and BG fights without the possibility to win it back somewhere else...

Conclusion : I'm in a dead corner with currently no options left and my gold account will probably be empty or close to it when I will be back from holidays... Knowing myself, I will probably be very pissed !!

I spoke.

Nate
08-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Head over to the Temple and on the auto-heal page you now have the option to specify that you would like your gladiators resurrected with trophies instead of gold.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Narol
08-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Thanks a lot for adding that option, Nate, that should fix my money problem in the short-term !

Rhinocervs
08-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended, but one reward from the street games of one of my glads is a (purple) weapon I have 0 skills on and also no MoA. In case you want to look at it's Charging Bison or I have a ss of it...
And although I'm not sure of approving the feature of knowing what other managers gain at the street games, it seems that not always the win appears in the chat, or at least only mine doesn't since today.

Nate
08-14-2013, 03:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended, but one reward from the street games of one of my glads is a (purple) weapon I have 0 skills on and also no MoA. In case you want to look at it's Charging Bison or I have a ss of it...

Sometimes that is possible as Jimmy doesn't alway know who will next tempt fate! If you don't like the prizes on the board talk with Jimmy and see if he'll change them for you.

And although I'm not sure of approving the feature of knowing what other managers gain at the street games, it seems that not always the win appears in the chat, or at least only mine doesn't since today.

Nothing has changed regarding this. Jimmy only announces prizes above a certain threshold because that fool gives out so many awesome prizes he has to draw the line somewhere! :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Thor
08-14-2013, 05:16 AM
I have encountered a bug in the gauntlet. Numerous times by now.
In my list of available partners there are the gladiators of one stable and the squid multiplier states 0.5
And in the gauntlet itself I actually only obtain 0.5x squids.

Thor

Nate
08-14-2013, 05:42 AM
I have encountered a bug in the gauntlet. Numerous times by now.
In my list of available partners there are the gladiators of one stable and the squid multiplier states 0.5
And in the gauntlet itself I actually only obtain 0.5x squids.

Thor

I would like to take this time to direct your attention (and everyone else in the Great Realm) to all those cute little round green buttons with a gold question mark inside of it. By clicking on these magical buttons you will instantly be filled with knowledge and insight! If you can't seem to locate one of these juicy candy like buttons you might be able to locate an orange link with the words "Click here for all the details" or some such arrangement and be equally filled with yummy delicious knowledge! I know it can be scary sometimes clicking on a button and you don't know what it will do, but you have my word nothing bad will happen, you and your gladiators will be perfectly safe! :)

Now go forth and learn the answer to your question!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Thor
08-14-2013, 08:33 AM
I actually read this through like 2 times before :D

Sorry for this, my brain told me that allies have 1.0 default.

But you could let the sarcasm out of play, at least not this hard, when you answer such questions ;)

Thor

Nate
08-14-2013, 09:19 AM
But you could let the sarcasm out of play, at least not this hard, when you answer such questions

That would be like asking the wolf to not hunt the lamb! ;) If it makes you feel any better swing round the tavern and get yourself some ale on the house.

Narol
08-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Only Allies who are your recruits (ie that you invited to the game) have a 1.0 multiplicator, teams on your friends list but that you didn't recruited only have a 0.5 multiplicator. That's an incentive to make you bring new players to the game, which benefits us all in the end.