PDA

View Full Version : New Update 7/30/2013 The Gauntlet of the Underground and MORE!

Nate
07-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

I am pleased to announce the release of our newest update! A lot of awesome new features have been implemented and I hope you enjoy them. The major update is Jimmy the Squid's Gauntlet of the Underground at the Black Market! Compete in The Gauntlet with friends and win awesome prizes and Squids! What's a Squid you ask? It's Jimmy's own currency that he awards to gladiators that perform well in Pit Fights and in The Gauntlet! You can then spend your Squids at the Street Games for even MORE awesome prizes! Be sure to take some time and read the details about how the Gauntlet works once you get to the Black Market.

Please see below for a list of other changes and new features.

GENERAL
* Silver as a currency has been removed.
* Enhanced Watch list - You can now track your recruits and friends much easier now! Everyone starts with 6 friend slots and as your gladiators make progess in the arena more Friend Slots will open up allowing you to friend more players and increase the list of gladiators you can have fight by your side in The Gauntlet! Note: You now add the stable instead of individual gladiators.

FABLED ITEMS!
Jimmy the Squid has managed to import a new cache of powerful armour and weapons long believed to be lost to time. Is there anything Jimmy can't aquire?

NEW STABLE MEMBERSHIP!
The Pleasure Palace - After a hard day of slaughtering the unfortunate on your behalf reward your gladiators with all the rejuvenating comforts The Pleasure Palace has to offer. A tantalizing smorgasbord of delights for all tastes promises to revitalize all who enter!

NEW ENERGY MECHANIC
* Energy now recharges at a rate of 1 point per minute instead of 1 point per 5 minutes
* Energy potions now give 10 energy instead of 5

TEMPLE
* The cost to resurrect a dead gladiator is based on the number of arena fights they have competed in instead of their level.

TAVERN
* Contracts now take 3 energy, down from 5

BLACK MARKET
* The Gauntlet of the Underground - Please read the in-game help text, it explains everything. :)
* Street Games - Use the Squids you earn from fighting in Jimmy's Pit Fights and Gauntlet for a chance at more awesome prizes! Uncle Jimmy has fronted everyone with 250 free Squids as a token of his gratitude!
* Allies - In The Gauntlet you have the option to enter into battle with another gladiator! If your ally is someone you recruited or is a friend you are awarded with bonuses!

MISC
* Lots of little bug fixes and tweaks.

Thanks again for your patience and...

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
07-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Ok, so I've tinkered around for a bit (and trying to break stuff) and I must say, I am having a load of fun :D

Silver Removal: Good. That is certainly going to cause less confusion for new players :)

Watch List: I like it. Cant say anything bad here.

Fabled Items: I like these baby chamber of power items :)

The Pleasure Palace: Ahhnold is finally letting everyone use his holiday resort. He approves as the entry fee includes supplying him wenches :P

Energy: Love it, especially the energy potion change. that one has been a long time coming (wish it was a refill or 25 energy, but I cant complain too much)

Temple: Having the auto-rez means I cant check rez costs, but I hope there is a cap, otherwise some of the old bloods are gonna be soooooo expensive to rez.

Tavern: YAY :D Everybody has gotta be happy with that!

Black Market: I'm liking everything so far. Should offer an awesome challenge with the bonus of still giving you something if you cant get all the way (street games). Hard feels somewhat easy as Bruce managed to do a round solo, but nightmare is, well, a nightmare.

Sotc
07-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Great update!

I loved the energy change. The friends list tie in with allies in the gauntlet is awesome, I really feel like you can make some great teams with it.

Apoca1ypse
07-30-2013, 10:11 AM
So many sweet team combos. It feels amazing to team up with pet glads and rivals alike :D

Bruce Iee + 141 is SOOOO OP. 10-0 in Nightmare feels so good :)

Shoutout to Thunderlips who when paired with Bruce went 7-0 on hard without either of them dropping once :D

Also, in for bragging rights, Bruce Iee beat Nightmare and got an orange :D Yay, finally part of the oranges club

Arm Guard of Vrak-Xho
98 Armour
+21 Agility
+16 Presence
+17 Luck
+70 armor penetration

Note: I now only have 6.5k gold left in the bank after spending ~8M testing stuff/bug hunting and trying on Nightmare again :P

Note 2: Anyone wanting to try Nightmare had better have a few million gold banked to make sure they can keep pushing through to the end.

Narol
07-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Great update, Nate, thank you for the hard work !!

The gauntlet especially is lots of fun, it's fabulous to be abble to fight alongside the glads of your friends and try various team combination to beat the challenges ! It's so addictive I could spend my whole day on it (and quite did today, lol)

Sotc
07-30-2013, 01:29 PM
There might be a decent chance of getting a orange after finishing gauntlet. Arrrrrgh got the following:
Soft Hide Legging of Xu'Toxn
39 Armor
+12 str
+10 int
+22 agil
+20 defense

It did cost me ~4 mil to run my various glads today (not sure the total for just arrrrrrgh's run) so like apoc said, stock up on gold before attempting.
I don't think I'll be using this piece since the armor value is just way too low.

Good luck in the Gauntlet!

Update:
2nd nightmare run: enhanced purple
3rd nightmare run: reg purple
4th nightmare run: reg purple
5th nightmare run: reg purple
6th nightmare run: reg purple

no guarantee that you will get an orange; I think it is random since bruce got oranges back to back
pretty harsh to get a purple after spending ~1.4 mil per run

Dainoji
07-30-2013, 07:53 PM
High five Nate, new update rocks!

Apoca1ypse
07-31-2013, 02:52 AM
Now that more friends requests have been sent/accepted, stornger teams are possible. yay :D Still need to save up more gold before my next run though :(

Apoca1ypse
07-31-2013, 07:50 AM
Well, now that I've tested some more glad combos, it should be possible to do a round for <100k on nightmare. Just need Prinny to log on so I can get access to more War glads :P

Narol
07-31-2013, 11:51 AM
It took me all afternoon and cost me 3.6 M gold, but Sonja finally finished the nightmare level and joins Bruce and Arrrrrgh in the Nightmare Winners Club !

Her "orange" Prize :

Leather Shirt of Dhu-Kugx (soulbound)
Weight 2.7, 39 Armour

+ 14 Strength
+ 5 Agility
+ 12 Endurance
Equip: Increases extra armour rank by 56

To be honest, it's the worst orange I have ever seen as there is many purple much better than that, but the ride to get it was uber-exciting anyway so I have no regret...

Special thanks to the allies without who such an accomplishment would have not been possible : Arrrrrghpirate, OneFourtyOne, Bruce Lee, Bruce Willis, Pasquinelli, Neera and Damone

PS :

Btw, I got one idea to make the game less frustrating sometimes...

1) There could be a way to trade the orange items you get but are not adapted to your glad in exchange of others more suited.... Maybe an Orange Trade Market where you get "Orange" points for the legendary items that you sell and that allows you to buy in the chamber even if you don't have the ranks required ?

oedi
07-31-2013, 01:35 PM
finished nightmare with 141 and got this reward.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mqn67a.jpg

Sotc
07-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Nice pieces guys! Congrats :D Do you guys think the prizes are random or that they rotate between possibilities (orange -> enhanced purp -> purp -> orange).

Good luck in the Gauntlet!

Narol
07-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Congrats Oedi, nice reward ! You have been more lucky than me !

Sotc, I think the prize you get depends of your level, as it seems that all lvl 50 who finished the nightmare level got orange items.

Kreegan
07-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Wow, 50k gold for resurrecting a veteran gladiator?!! That's quite a change.

Alba Kebab
07-31-2013, 08:26 PM
I find it unmentioned anywhere, or maybe I just missed it, is 999 squids the max you can stock up with?

oedi
07-31-2013, 10:10 PM
is 999 squids the max you can stock up with?
Correct, youll want to log in often to spend those squids. Popular allies will be used often, ive used your Neera :)

Pit Lord
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Bloody Lady finished it for about 2.3 M. She did fine with dual-rage (Bruce Lee noted :)) or offensive theatrics bleeders. If I figured it faster the price could be much lower. The item was:
Studded Leather Sleeve of Wogq-Xuz
Light Armour 98
+13 Int
+12 Agi
+10 Sta
+11 Pre
+14 Chi

Edit: Bloody Lady just did 10:0 with 1122. 9/10 both was standing in the end and one time 1122 did't finish. This is really team ROCK lol. Still just the first rounds with just 4 opponents but i like the result :D.

Apoca1ypse
08-01-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm seeing some sweet items coming out of it :D

The last 4 rounds of Nightmare are harder, with opponents in round 10 using oranges. Bruce Iee + 141 go 10-0 in round 1 and then 10-10 in round 10. Quite a bit harder.

I'm thinking I should do some runs with Bruce Iee or Ahhnold once my gold stocks are back to being healthy....

Pit Lord
08-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Running on hard difficulty may be better. I found it profitable cycle. The end result is free rolling in the Street Games. Which means everything free (unlimtied thropies,BGP and HoL slaves anyone?) if you have the time to run it long enough.

Don't know if this counts as a bug :).

Apoca1ypse
08-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Not a bug, just a time sink. a really really bad one that I cant risk while doing assignments :P

....but maybe one more... :P

Alba Kebab
08-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Well, a warning folks about doing NM gauntlet runs on any day you might be busy.
I thought I had enough time today, but things came up, came back late to do the final 2 legs, and had the gauntlet time out on me while I was 9/10 on the final challenge...

So I just threw 2mil+ gold down the drain... oh well, at least gold comes back.

Narol
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Beware, Alba, gold comes back a lot less fast now... So Gauntlet investments must be chosen and done very carefully if you don't want to go bankrupt !

Lunarion199
08-02-2013, 11:36 PM
All these updates are pretty cool and quite entertaining. Keeps us curious and engaged all the day.

Few suggestions:
- Can there be training points too, as a possible reward, in the Street Games?
- Will it be feasible to allow trophies to be deposited in bank, just like gold? Presently we need to be extra-cautious not to click trophies button when the same result could be achieved by using gold or so.

Thanks much, Nate. And thanks to my allies too:-) Team-victories and strategies can give more joy than playing solo sometimes!

OLB
08-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Is it just me or squids are rlly less now? ;[

At normal gauntlet I get - 3squids for colored gem fights, before was 10 ( with same friend ), but for black gem i get only 8 squids, before was 30! (with same friends).

And now at ally selection all mine friends have only x1 multiplier...
But at "Click for details" is written that there are 5 squids per round, as mine multiplier is x1 I expect to get more than 3 squids ;[

Nate
08-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi OLB,

The Grand Opening event finished and values are back to normal. Colored gem rounds give 50% of the base value of Squids and black gem rounds give 150% of the base value.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
08-14-2013, 09:29 AM
A minor update just went live that fixes a few bugs and adds a couple of new features. Please see below for details:

* New Elite 6 pack membership special giving Pit Masters a discount and easy way to grab all the memberships with one click.
* Added a confirmation screen for starting the gauntlet without an ally.
* Added a confirmation screen for restarting the gauntlet.
* New streamlined messages screen with folders to help keep things more organized and clean.
* Fixed a bug in the Street Games where all Pit Masters were getting double the amount of gold even if they did not have the Accountant stable upgrade. If you have the Accountant you won't notice any changes, if you do not have the Accountant you will notice that gold prizes are 50% less than they used to be.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Dainoji
08-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks Nate, another great update. You planning on doing smaller more frequent updates now?

Apoca1ypse
08-15-2013, 01:44 AM
awesome update :D Will make things much nicer in the gauntlet. PM changes are great too.