PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Team Kaos
03-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I never noticed before bu I realized that Exotic weapons seem to get the short end. You can get a blazing fast low power cestus or stiletto type or a much slower Trident, which IMO should be bonused on defense, since it is a primarily defensive weapon.
Then you get into the real slow but powerful sabre's and sorts.

There is no inbetween 2.5, 2.25 sort weapons available. Makes loading an exotic theatric fighter a bit of a chore. And very vulnerable to many type fighters any given match because its either speed or might with no middle ground weapon.

OK, Im done whining....

Blackwill
03-09-2011, 02:59 PM
No..you're right. The exotic weapons are a hinderance, to be sure. The fast weapons rarely break through armor, and the weapons which break through the armor are fairly slow. I've pretty much relegated my Theatrics fighters to "non-exotic" weapons. The rapier, coupled with Gratuitous violence, is a winner, in my opinion.

Blackwill
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Actually, the rapier, even without GV, is still pretty good at drawing lots of blood. Check out the last several dozen bouts with my boy Shadow for a few good examples.

Team Kaos
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Certain weapons indeed do draw more blood then others as do certain fighting styles.

toxicvanity
06-17-2011, 06:10 AM
I have started this game not long ago yet. With my theatric gladiator i use two exotic weapons 1.2 speed but actually it is quite good i have done 5 arena fights from wich i only lost one of them

toxicvanity
06-17-2011, 06:32 AM
6 arena fights*** sorry for my mistake
But still. I would like to know any advice that the most experienced theatrical trainers might have for this new lanista

Dainoji
06-17-2011, 01:26 PM
I like Exotic weapons, not sure why some of the others don't. They are some of the fastest in the game like the cestus and kriss and if you want more damage you can grab a falchion or a trident. If you want something in the middle grab a rapier. Whichever one you pick will give you an advantage versus some builds and not against others, so I wouldn't worry about it too much and instead look for items that give bonuses to the key attributes that help theatrics. What are those key attributes? There is a thread that just recently started that will give you all kinds of info and different philosophies on how to build a theatrics gladiator but the cliff's notes version is stack lots and lots of agility.

toxicvanity
06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
As my mains weapon my gladiator wields a ruthless saber(+ 1 defense) And as secondary a bloody saber(+1 atack) and yet he stands 6-1-0 . He is still but a lvl 5 placing 103 in amateur class. do you have any tips for a young theatrics lover?

Team Kaos
06-17-2011, 06:01 PM
As my mains weapon my gladiator wields a ruthless saber(+ 1 defense) And as secondary a bloody saber(+1 atack) and yet he stands 6-1-0 . He is still but a lvl 5 placing 103 in amateur class. do you have any tips for a young theatrics lover?

Agility, defense, power......in that order you wont go wrong especially with a hard hitting weapon.
Just be sure to train your weapon skill as high and as fast as possible.

toxicvanity
06-17-2011, 11:15 PM
thank you so very much. My exoctic weapon(Wich are my both sabers) lvl is almost 4. You think i should keep on training it or start with those status?

Reluctance
06-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Of course im an epic noob at level 2, but i have other theatrics accounts and using an exotic weapon works very well for him. I usually use blades unless i find an exotic weapon at the black smiths shop. I only use the sword versions of exotic or the trident. i wouldnt worry to much because you should use what feels right

Team Kaos
06-18-2011, 09:43 AM
I have always gone to level 6 before training other skills, maybe a single point in Iron Jaw and Brute Force, but weapon skill is the priority to start.

Dainoji
06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
I usually go to 5 before training in other skills, looks like Kaos goes to 6, I think if you get it up to around 5 or 6 you'll be good.

toxicvanity
06-19-2011, 04:44 AM
thank you all so very much for youre help

melkor
06-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I am in todays top 10 underground fighters I am 20 and 5 my weapons that I use are soild flail as a main and as a back up I use deadly cleaver as a Theatric fighter work on stamina alot of wins come from outlasting the other person in a fight

Dainoji
06-22-2011, 02:44 PM
I am in todays top 10 underground fighters I am 20 and 5 my weapons that I use are soild flail as a main and as a back up I use deadly cleaver as a Theatric fighter work on stamina alot of wins come from outlasting the other person in a fight

As your skill with you weapon increases you'll see less fights decided by you or the other guy passing out. It still happens and could even be a viable defensive build, but it happens a lot more at the earlier levels since gladiators don't hit as hard or as often.

melkor
06-22-2011, 08:19 PM
dainoji I have started a new char he is only lvl 1 he is in the Rage catigory and I am finding that it is alot easier surtainly for my lvl to use my Theatric fighter and outlast my opponents does any one have any tips for my new rage char

Team Kaos
06-23-2011, 04:45 AM
I have started a new char he is only lvl 1 he is in the Rage catigory and I am finding that it is alot easier surtainly for my lvl to use my Theatric fighter and outlast my opponents does any one have any tips for my new rage char

The vast majority of excellent Rage's early on, are those that take just 1 or 2 hits to end the match. Big weapon, big power. Most young theatrics and War's miss a lot or just don't do big damage, so a Rage that can land 2 big hits within the first 2 rounds usually wins.

Unless your running a Rage with exceptional agility attributes 85+ or higher I would not bother with the small weapons.
Stick with the axes and maces or even better 2 handed if he has good strength.
2 handed weapons end fights fast, but don't work well if you have a weakling swinging them.

A 2 handed Rage should be able to bomb War's and Theatrics at the lower levels since Theatrics and War's defense is pretty sub par to start.