PDA

View Full Version : Shield

DomDom
06-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey guys,
I am kinda new to the game, i have registered 3 days ago, now I have a level 10 war guy and another girl. My question is with the war guy.

I wanted to make him like a tank guy. He has a mace and shield. However, that stupid gladiator doesn't use his shield to parry stuff he just attacks with the mace. I still win a lot but this is not the play style I want from my gladiator. My question, how can I tell him to use the shield to defend?

Thanks for the help.
DomDom

nova1491
06-24-2013, 06:03 PM
erm i believe he uses it to tank stuff naturally. Nate doesnt input useless info like glad a parry an attack with his off handed weapon.

if i'm not wrong, usually it is something like the glad b trips on something or is parried away or misses.

on the other hand try getting your weapon skill for mace and shield to lvl 10

hence the glad can use them more efficiently.

on the other hand since it is a war, why not focus on mace 1st then get the other skill that allows u to use other weapons? aka master in arms?

wouldnt that open up more possibilities for ya since u have the option to change weapons when it is up to lvl 10 and your primary weapon is lvl 10 as well.

thus allowing u to use pole arms or swords or 2 handed weapon with ease in the battlefield. just change the activity options to suit your glad's fighting ability and your ideal options?

on just get your glad up to primus lvl and let it get its freedom. after which use your trophy which you've stored them and roll the new slave options until u get the most perfect glad slave ( premium) those 1050 to 1200 gold worth.

that will give u a much better sense of achievement in this game.

i got mine. just 1. trying to get another premium glad later next month. and hopefully by aug i can get 3 more if i manage to get my glad to primus. ^^

Dainoji
06-24-2013, 07:40 PM
As Nova said explicit blocking messages aren't really used for having a shield. Your general defense is simply increased thus making the opponent miss more often and reducing the amount of damage they do. Your gladiator is also much to low level to do what you want. War gladiators at the later levels open up new fighting styles like parry-x and tank, once you get those you can start doing what you want more. It's too bad none of the veteran managers who run war glads have made a new guide yet for the newbies, so in lieu of that just focus on training your weapon up to 10 and then pick up Master of Arms as it will allow you to use all the war weapons including shield at the same level of skill as your axes and mace skill. Unless you have a very large size heavy armor is going to be tough to wear without the Light as a Feather skill and even then you might want to stick to medium armor. Spend a few trophies and look at the scouting reports on some of the top war gladiators as well so you can see their builds and get an idea of what they have done. You should of course experiment and not just copy but following an already successful gladiators build can help you learn why it is successful.

DomDom
06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys, I love the game and now the community as well. Hope its gonna get even more popular. (I have already shared it on my facebook accounts )

DomDom
06-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh, and another question: I have 4000 gold. Should I spend it at the blacksmith? I have already bought all stable upgrades that cost gold.

Apoca1ypse
06-25-2013, 08:30 AM
yeah, start upgrading your weapon. that will make the biggest difference at low levels to win your fight.

DomDom
06-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Upgrading? How can I upgrade my weapons?
Do you mean buy a new one at blacksmiths?

Apoca1ypse
06-25-2013, 09:05 PM
correct. make sure you have an offhand weapon too. it will double your damage output.

nova1491
06-26-2013, 12:44 AM
if u have some spare cash to spend, why not buy some trophies for all the stable upgrades and memberships.

It makes your gameplay much easier and faster.

Just a few bucks makes the game easier as well.

erm always remember to keep your 1st few glads as money makers. so you have spare gold to spend on weapons and amour for your "pro" glad.

erm this is easier if you've a few lvl 50 glads. i recommend 2-3.

or maybe get a part-time job and save some of the salary on the game to invest in a purple weapon onces per 10 lvl. hence at lvl 11 onwards, get a good weapon of choice when the game refreshes daily. use it from 11-20. at 21ish and abv, look for a better stat and dps weapon and spend some trophies on it.

then repeat the same during 21-30, 31-40, 41-50.

when at 50, you may choose to buy a lvl 50 purple weapon.

tips on how to get more trophies.
1. get new glads and make them fight under arena challenges. save those trophies for purples. sell them once they hit a road block and repeat. it takes time but worth every bit of your time spend if you're those kind who dont wanna spend cash 1st until you're convinced this is the game for ya.

as for those of us who are in maximus or higher, we do spend real cash into the game for good slave rolls when we have a normal glad and free him to gain access to premium glads. at this point most of us do spend at least 10 trophies to keep rolling until we land a decent or great glad of our preference.

2. spend some cash in this game
3. get more friends to try it out. as them to play until a certain level and if they continue, you may just have another buddy in arms. ^^

DomDom
06-26-2013, 05:18 AM
I have already recruited one guy, he will soon reach level 13. I have also 4 trophies left. I will also try getting trophies at arena challenges. I don't know how to get there though. I have done the first four at tier 1 but I haven't got any trophies. Do I get them at higher challenges?

Another question, can I only get premium gladiators if I roll with trophies or that is only a time saver and I can get one any day, it depends only on luck.?

Flash
06-26-2013, 05:48 AM
the first trophies you get from arena challenge is at tier 2 and you get only premium slaves when you send one of your gladiators in the HoL, but you can get good slaves in the normal slave market, too. and yes it depends only on luck

DomDom
06-26-2013, 08:25 PM
What is HoL???

Dainoji
06-26-2013, 10:05 PM
HoL = Hall of Legends. After your gladiator reaches a certain level you'll see a green link next to his name like *Retire?*. Click on it and it will give you the criteria you have to meet to be inducted into the Hall of Legends. If you do this, you get access to one premium slave at the slave market which means for the most part they will cost between 1000-1200 gold and have better stats. Once you buy one the slave market will go back to showing you regular slaves.

Don't worry about this for awhile as you need to at least be level 50 and in Primus with around a 55% win ratio and something like 1000 fights.

Kreegan
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
make sure you have an offhand weapon too. it will double your damage output. It won't actually. Off-hand weapons deal some 50% of the damage dealt by the primary weapon, even if they are the same type and level. Moreover, in some situations your gladiator decides to swing only with his off-hand weapon during most of the fight which essentially halves his/her damage. Having it has pluses and minuses.

DomDom
06-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, that's all I guess. You provided me a lot of information.

Thank you for your time everybody! Good luck in the future :)

nova1491
06-27-2013, 05:54 AM
okie, if u click retire glad, you'll notice the reward of that action is a better glad in the slave market. that is how u get a premium glad.

as for normal market, you should only focus on trying to get that glad up to lvl 50 to farm more money ( gold ) for you to buy good blue or purple eqiups to fight your way up to primus with more tahn 52.4% win.

wasting trophies in normal slave market is not worth it. rather the trophies should be used to upgrade stables and memberships.

new players should focus on getting more wins and up to primus with other achievements in game.

Prinny
06-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't call spending trophies on the normal slave market a waste, sure you shouldn't throw in tons of them but atleast you can get some good looking 940+ gold ones to make a decent attempt at getting a HoL slave :p

I started up a fifth anonymous stable a while ago bought 60 trophies to unlock all glads and used the remaining 20 trophies to get 4 nice looking 940+ glads,

DomDom
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
nova, where can I find this retire thing? or does this mean sell the gladiator?

nova1491
06-27-2013, 06:00 PM
when your glad is high lvl enuf n in the higher arena bracket, you'll have this retire option in the overall page.

like prinny said, if u dont wanna spend trophy in normal slave market, just wait daily unti you get the glad of your ideal choice.

but the best investment is getting trophies to upgrade all the stable optioin n get all if not most of the staff n memberships

DomDom
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
It's clear. Thanks. My gladi is already in elite :)

DomDom
06-28-2013, 04:34 AM
I would also need some advices about what kind of gladiator my premium gladi should be. I read about theatrics counter and 2 handed rage. What are your opinions about these two setups. Also it would be a great help if u would tell me a few setups that works. What would be good as well is a setups whose tactics are not really worked out yet and it would give me a bit challenge to find out. From these types I would only be interested in setups that you think is possible to be successful. As I have read this in forum, 2 handed rage is not really worked out in higher leagues. Is this true?

Dainoji
06-28-2013, 06:21 AM
The best thing for you to do is expand to 5 gladiators and experiment on your own. Fight in the pit fights every day, do all your tavern fights and arena fights. Be sure to read each of your fights carefully and make adjustments as necessary. 2H glads do just fine at the top if they are built and setup right. Check out the scouting reports on some of the top 2H glads in Primus and Blood Gods to see their build.

When doing your strategies start simple and add complexity as you get comfortable. Rage gladiators can often get by with one strategy of berserk, war and theatrics need more. Defensive builds are harder to run and theatrics probably takes the most "brains" to set up well and account for as many opponents as possible. Keep your activity level moderate 4-7 say and once you have 8+ in your weapon skill you can try setting it higher in the 8-10 range. You can try earlier, and you should push the boundaries every so often, however, you risk passing out if you are running to hot since you'll miss a lot and do less damage.

Check out the guides for each specialty, even the outdated ones as they still offer some good info. As far as your premium gladiator is concerned, I'm assuming you are talking about a HoL replacement, don't even worry about it now as it will be some time before you have one.

Alba Kebab
06-29-2013, 08:20 AM
I would also need some advices about what kind of gladiator my premium gladi should be. I read about theatrics counter and 2 handed rage. What are your opinions about these two setups. Also it would be a great help if u would tell me a few setups that works. What would be good as well is a setups whose tactics are not really worked out yet and it would give me a bit challenge to find out. From these types I would only be interested in setups that you think is possible to be successful. As I have read this in forum, 2 handed rage is not really worked out in higher leagues. Is this true?
2 handed rage can work possibly, there is one or two in the top bracket right now and one of them is relatively new so I don't know if their manager has completely finished his build yet.
But to get back on track, all of this is a long way from you yet, and given your newbie status, chances are you won't be seeing any of the top guys in a while yet.:p My advice to new players have always been pretty similar to what Dainoji said above, use your first few glads to get a feel for the game and learn the ropes, find what you are comfortable running and see which fighting style work for you and which don't, and go from there. P