PDA

View Full Version : Dear Charybdis~

Prinny
06-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I hope you are having fun challenging the crap outof me for over a week racking him losses getting you higher up the rankings. I would ask my fellow gladiators to challenge you in similiar fashion and break every limb in your body so that they can be offered to the Blood Gods as an offering but ALAS! It saddens me to tell you that they are in a higher bracket so you won't be able to meet them for now. I sincerely hope that you advance through to the next bracket by challenging me continously as you have done for quite a while now.

Best of luck in your upcomming fights.

Sincerely yours,

Mid Boss of the Prinny Squad stable

PS: My master has requested me to enclose a picture of what my Fight History constantly looks like along with this letter, I hope that you like it.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2vmu7ie.png

Sotc
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
haha he's been chain challenging my Arrrrrgpirate too. I didn't notice until after I'd spent my latest batch of tokens but I'll def be using my next couple to return fire ;)

Narol
06-08-2013, 05:14 PM
He did too with Ty Rex but after I tweaked my strat that turned bad for him...

Team Kaos
06-08-2013, 06:38 PM
It seems chain challenges and at the very least multiple daily challenges have been the norm for a while now. No honor with some, they find the honey hole and take advantage. I don't really blame them as it may be their best shot at a winning record for the time being but certainly very annoying.
There is even a certain someone within this thread that has done such things in the past...but the tide does always turn eventually..and when it does there is usually a tidal surge leading the way.

riggen
06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
I've been on the receiving end of this one as well :P, however, none of the gladiators he's encountered from my stable were capable of dealing with a bleeder like that :( Oh well..

Pit Lord
06-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I checked his fight log. I don't think there is something personal. Winning or losing he is challenging everyone around him a lot. Its simply accelerated journey of a decent gladiator to the Blood Gods bracket. What will happen there remain to be seen but I can predict orange crusade attempt. I don't expect to see him to reach the top 3 gladiators win ratio so it may take a bit of extra fights.
If I was about to do this I wouldn't challenge anyone and just do the extra fights witch is main rule for my stable: Don't do challenges unless you want to test strategy. And if I do this and see my gladiator is winning like 4-5 fights in a row the challenge is over. I actually did this only one time so far witch was Bloody Lady vs Mini Bel in the Blood Lords bracket. I lost like 5-6 in a row then won 5-6 in a row and it was over. Can't remember Cyn complaining about it.
If you do extra fights with mass challenging even if you distribute the fights evenly there will be someone who will feel griefed. Why not just do normal fights? Its quicker for the purpose. Its also a better preparation for the top bracket where challenging is not possible.

David
06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Sounds like your between Scylla and Charybdis.
-Charbydis (Haha)

Pit Lord
06-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Sounds like your between Scylla and Charybdis.
-Charbydis (Haha)

What about Odysseus :p?

Dainoji
06-08-2013, 11:46 PM
I've never seen this as a problem and actively encourage it! This is largely a PvP game, if you don't like being picked on, then just as Narol did figure out why you are losing and do something about it instead of crying about it or like Prinny, call them out and rally the troops! About a year ago there was a brief but exciting dust up when some battle lines were drawn and sides chosen and alliances were made. Shame it ended so quickly and left the defeated pacifists showing the piece sign at every possible turn.

In Charybdis's case as Pit Lord pointed out it looks like he is indiscriminate in who he is challenging, with the bulk being other glads in the top of Primus or near it. If your glads can't handle the heat maybe they don't belong in the kitchen! Why should he not challenge when he can pad his bank account with more gold then a regular fight? I for one look forward to watching the blood fest and seeing which managers raise to the challenge and those who slink away with their tail between their legs!

If anyone ever sees my boys or girl in their challenge list feel free to challenge them hundreds of times per day, if I can't tweak some things and beat you and make you stop then my hat is off to you and clearly the gladiators in question need work or the chopping block!

Anyone want to place bets? I'll buy the popcorn! :)

Kreegan
06-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Nonsense, he challenges only gladiators that his build can easily handle. Bleeder vs. tank, usually. He's not the first one and won't be the last one to exploit that flaw of the challenge system.

Dainoji
06-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Nonsense, he challenges only gladiators that his build can easily handle. Bleeder vs. tank, usually. He's not the first one and won't be the last one to exploit that flaw of the challenge system.

Translation: "Bah Humbug!"

Rising to the challenge: none yet.
Crying with tucked tail: Kreegan

Kreegan
06-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Translation: words devoid of any meaning as usual.

Alba Kebab
06-09-2013, 01:24 AM
All the more reason to run a balanced stable, if you feel some rock is picking on your scissors, fight back with your paper. :p

Prinny
06-09-2013, 02:31 AM
I've never seen this as a problem and actively encourage it! This is largely a PvP game, if you don't like being picked on, then just as Narol did figure out why you are losing and do something about it instead of crying about it or like Prinny, call them out and rally the troops!

Meh :3

All the more reason to run a balanced stable, if you feel some rock is picking on your scissors, fight back with your paper. :p

Sadly all of my papers are in the Blood Gods bracket and they can't initiate challenges there :p

Narol
06-09-2013, 04:37 AM
Well, Ty Rex got challenged 22 times again yesterday and it looks like I need to tweak my strat again... Anyway such behavior suck, there will be a payback !

Narol
06-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Fixed !

For the moment...

Pit Lord
06-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I found it ironical that Charybdis pushed down everyone who he can easily beat while going high only to find himself surrounded and pulled back.

Kreegan
06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
All the more reason to run a balanced stable, if you feel some rock is picking on your scissors, fight back with your paper. :pThat's what most of us do but sometimes the rock is out of the paper's range, for one reason or another. Most of the people who happily challenged 5-10 times a day some of my undertrained gladiators while they were climbing the ranks with better levelled/equipped fighters now inhabit either the bottom of Primus or some part of Maximus - so as much as I want to return the favour, it's not always possible.

Team Kaos
06-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Its nearly impossible to have 1 build beat all others. There is always a weakness from another build, I never found it worthwhile to change a build just because of one overzealous challenger. I'd rather take the few losses and keep a successful build then to fiddle around to beat 1 or 2 challengers only to chance losing to many others.
But Prinny's whining is comparable to the Baker crying with a loaf of bread under his arm.

crow
06-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I agree with Kaos on the fact about changing strats for one build, unless it is for a blood games matchup :)

My glad Magnolia had about 30 challenges from this glad the last few days, kind of reminded me of the primus wars of last year. Me and Oedi vs Cyn, Narol, Apoc, and few others. Getting pounded for months makes these lat few days seem like small potatoes :) plus I can always return the favor later to the white feather stable ;)

Team Kaos
06-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Well, he finally earned himself a trip to the Blood Gods. Not looking so amazing so far in the new tier. What is amazing is the 100+ fights he has amassed in less then 12 hours.

Prinny
06-11-2013, 11:11 AM
AMON DJINN looks at his reflection in the lifeless horror filled eyes of CHARYBDIS!
That put a smile on my face :D

100+ fights in 12 hours isn't amazing Khaos I did that already :p
He made somewhere between 2 and 3 rounds through the blood gods bracket since Prinny Squad hasn't been touched 3 times while Kyuu has had 3 fights on it's 3 glads each~

Pit Lord
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, he finally earned himself a trip to the Blood Gods. Not looking so amazing so far in the new tier. What is amazing is the 100+ fights he has amassed in less then 12 hours.

Favorable challenges are no longer possible.

David
06-11-2013, 07:31 PM
We should really start a White Feather Fan Club for Charybdis and Scylla

(Owner of the White Feather stable)

crow
06-12-2013, 03:34 PM

Your also the owner of Ferrous in the warlord bracket. And as you see I had a few of my boys in that bracket. Thanks for the gold. 8400-10k gold per fight was a good payout vs no losses. :)

Urist
06-13-2013, 05:03 AM

No such thing as bad publicity, eh?

David
06-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Not when you have gladiators that are SUPPOSED to fight each other (and win).
Like Charybdis always says "You better check yo self before you wreck yo self, cause big tridents in your mouth is bad foe yo health"

I think he might have borrowed that from somewhere...