PDA

View Full Version : Belca's fights??

Apoca1ypse
05-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Did prinny seriously just do 800 arena fights, or is that a bug i am seeing?

Prinny
05-29-2013, 12:38 PM
No that retard seriously did that~

Stormcloak
05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Right now, I'm picturing Belca sitting in the back of some dark and seedy bar saying...
"I don't always fight... but when I do, I drop ten glads with one slap."

Cynaidh
05-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Wow came back to see how the new scoring system was treating you guys, i take it its gone from Elo to who has the most trophies wins? Almost a 5k points lead with a very similar win % to 2nd and 3rd.... so trophies wins it?

Dainoji
05-29-2013, 07:04 PM
No, you need a really good glad and trophies to pull off what Prinny did, but it doesn't really matter since it was always going to be Belca or Blood Lady for #1 from about week 2. All he really did was time warp Christmas to come early. It remains to be seen how much it will help with getting gear since we don't really know how many BGP he'll be getting since it's not linear AFAIK. He could very well find himself wandering the aisles of the Chamber of Power with his "I can haz Legendaries Now" grin and no purchasing power! :)

I really like the new ranking system, it's more stable and more or less positions glads where they should be and moving up or down a spot has meaning. I imagine Nate will probably put some sort of governor on it in Season 3 to prevent a magnitude 10 on the Prinny scale from happening again - who would have guessed someone would go full retard! :p

Dainoji
05-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Never go full retard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wVagQ_LVd4

Apoca1ypse
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
sigh. unless there is significant scaling on points, Belca is going to get a legendary every week this season. not a fan.

I'm honestly surprised that a fight cap was not put in place on the top 10 like the old primus.

Prinny
05-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Wow came back to see how the new scoring system was treating you guys, i take it its gone from Elo to who has the most trophies wins? Almost a 5k points lead with a very similar win % to 2nd and 3rd.... so trophies wins it?

Nah having a good glad is half of the work, the other half is trophies xD
The way the Chamber of Power is right now you need to use trophies to be able to get to the weapons. We don't know what the next season will be like so I went ahead and took advantage of it. The only thing I regret is not doing it from the start of the season instead of 2 weeks after it started :p

To be honest I am wondering about how many points he will gain next week myself. I don't think he will be able to gain a legendary each week but I do hope he can, having a size 160+ Dunder sounds rather nice....:p

In case you want to know more about the point scaling from the fights. It is designed so that there is a cap of about 13/14 points a win and 7/8 points for a loss at 5000 points and at this starts to scale down rather fast. At 7000 it is at 10 points for a win and 5/6 for a loss

Apoca1ypse
05-29-2013, 11:28 PM
It's still going to put you many weeks, if not months, in front of everyone else when it comes to gear acquisition. Honestly it's put a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Dainoji
05-30-2013, 12:14 AM
It's still going to put you many weeks, if not months, in front of everyone else when it comes to gear acquisition. Honestly it's put a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. 011 had 3 legendary items and he all but slunk into obscurity after Oedi was unable to get him back on track after the skill tree change. Bloody Lady is a good example of how a new disrupting build can be very competitive without all the bells and whistles. My original-old-geezer gladiator Thunder Lips without any BG gear still beats up on gladiators with mostly BG gear. She isn't top dog and never will be but she's fun to play with...oops, probably shouldn't talk about that. Gear is only part of the equation, don't sweat it or dwell on it.

If two years of playing this game has taught me anything, it's taught me that it is silly to take a snapshot of the game and then think it will be like that forever. For all you know Jimmy will be handing out Legendary gear with balloons and popsicles next month! :p

Prinny
05-30-2013, 02:27 AM

I am aware of that it would do that to some people, but even though I like playing with everyone I am in it to win it ;)

Cynaidh
05-30-2013, 03:29 AM
I am aware of that it would do that to some people, but even though I like playing with everyone I am in it to win it ;)

You've probably won :)

Do you have enough rank to buy orange weapons now? I don't know what the values are on buying stuff is now. But ya if you can pick up an orange a week for the rest of this tournament (i am sure you'll use trophies to buy them too so i could see it being possible) your win % should sky rocket as you'll be the only one with them leading to an even higher ranking score. Plus it should allow you to win every blood game once you've gone full orange gear till someone else spends trophies like that so that will lock up those legendary items also. Even if Nate changes it next season you'll be massively ahead unless someone else throws down the same amount of trophies too.

This game has always been partially pay to win with the achievement slots.... but man this looks like full on pay to win now.

Pit Lord
05-30-2013, 07:38 AM
It looks like for 1 season is possible to collect 2 weapons and 1 piece of armour max. We will know the exact numbers soon. For full orange it will take 2 or even 3 seasons. Can't see anyone dominating Blood Games for very extending periods since every gladiator has a tough match witch always tend to happen early or later. Recent examples:
march-Bruce leading until meet Bloody Lady
later martch-Bloody Lady leading until meet The Returned
may-ZetaII leading until meet Hubba Gubba (we are yet to see the final but Hubba already disrupted the lead).
Only gear and good build is never enough for Blood Games. You must have luck (not the luck stat :D).

Prinny
05-30-2013, 07:45 AM
It looks like for 1 season is possible to collect 2 weapons and 1 piece of armour max. We will know the exact numbers soon. For full orange it will take 2 or even 3 seasons.

To bad that I've already spotted a helmet and the legs I want. Won't know how much is possible till next week when Belca actually gets his points but unless he gets nearly enough to buy a piece each time he won't be having a full orange set (yet) :p

Edit: if you guys are really interested I could put up the points he gained over the course of the first 3 weeks when he gets his third amount of points so you can try to calculate for yourselves how many points your glads will probably gain over the course of the season II

Pit Lord
05-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Edit: if you guys are really interested I could put up the points he gained over the course of the first 3 weeks when he gets his third amount of points so you can try to calculate for yourselves how many points your glads will probably gain over the course of the season II

We don't know the increase in the first and second week since it was corrected after the second week. We can only observe the increase in the third week at different ratings. Right now BL is sitting at 2177 BGP. Before the correction it was 2800+.

Prinny
05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Ah right I forgot about that lol
I could still post the increase of Yukimaru and Belca as a comparison, their winrates are about the same~

Alba Kebab
05-30-2013, 07:29 PM
may-ZetaII leading until meet Hubba Gubba (we are yet to see the final but Hubba already disrupted the lead).
I wish I had noticed Hubba was actually in Blood Games contention sooner, I would have put the extra achievements on him much earlier to have a better shot at it. :P But I haven't been around as much in the past month to pay close attention to everything.

On the point scoring, well, having a stable of high and low ranked glads in blood gods myself, the difference in BG points at the end is not that big between Hubba and Olga(dunno why I still haven't retired her). Obviously it will still be bigger for Prinny's score, but it probably won't be an astronomical gap.

Prinny
05-30-2013, 07:54 PM
I have a fair range in the scores to get numbers on with the 5 glads I've got in blood gods right now so if the system takes points into regard I should see atleast some decent difference...:p
Belca - 7172
Yukimaru - 1935
Amon Djinn - 1195
Asatsuo - 958
Vyers - 297

Amon and Asatsuo should be fairly close in score but the difference between Yukimaru, Belca, Asatsuo and Vyers should be interesting :D

Pit Lord
06-04-2013, 02:46 AM
At about 3650 rating 1181 BGP received.

Pit Lord
06-11-2013, 04:59 AM
At 5506 rating 1329 BGP recieved.

Prinny
06-11-2013, 10:47 AM
At 5506 rating 1329 BGP recieved.

You can post the rating here (http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?1928-Bgp-earnings)if you want to. Easier to keep track if it isn't spread out around the forum :p
I went ahead and added your post here to my comment, would be nice if you had his actual win/lose etc along with it like I put for my glads :p