PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck

Pit Lord
05-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Fisrt time I see something like this:

The fallen remains of gladiators litters the arena sands!
R O U N D 1
>> OLGA SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
>> BLOODY LADY SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
OLGA's PRIMEVAL BATTLE FLAIL OF THE BLOOD GODS curves in an bloody arc.
OLGA's PRIMEVAL BATTLE FLAIL OF THE BLOOD GODS whips around BLOODY LADY's shield!
OLGA fumbles about with her weapon!
OLGA's weapon flies from her grasp!
OLGA trips over herself and does a face plant!
The Enforcer quickly throws OLGA a BATTLE FLAIL from off the arena wall!

Dainoji
05-29-2013, 09:00 AM
I've seen this a lot, mostly to two handers.

crow
05-31-2013, 02:47 AM
First of all let me say congrats to Hubba bubba for winning this months blood games. Now for my rant. This particular roll comes up WAY to fucking often for upper level glads, especially for 2hand rages. And this just so happens to come up on the opening of the deciding fight in a blood games. In the highest level of this game when a vast majority of the time a single critical effect is normally the deciding factor in a fight. Now starting off with basically a huge double critical effect and your opponent has not done a single thing, is very infuriating. Being a supervisor I hate people coming to me with a gripe with no solution of their own, so here is the solution. Either get rid of this roll at the high levels, or make it a very minuscule chance of it ever coming up.
Now I can see this roll happening more often when glads are young and inexperienced, but not when they are at the upper limits of skill in the game!

Pit Lord
05-31-2013, 06:25 AM
I did't complain. The thread is about a funny example :). True it often happens with 1 effect but with 2 effects and exactly this 2 is relatively rare. And probably it is because of low luck stat.