PDA

View Full Version : Dropped weapon

AngryVermin
05-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Shouldn't a drop weapon incur SOME penalty. Even if you are lucky and can pick it back up immediately, shouldn't there be some penalty.

For most HOL, there is zero penalty. Effectively removing it from the game for most battles.

So a guy can be disarmed, pick it up, defend my next attack, and hit me 4 more times in the same round.

In most gaming systems, you would at least lose one swing or have a major defense negative for the next swing on you.

Some gaming systems may also view this as an "action". If you get 4 actions per round, then if you are lucky, you can pick it up right away, but you burn an action.

The real problem is that certain skills are effectively removed from the game for all glads.

Nate
05-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Dropping your weapon does have some pretty severe penalties especially if you end up picking up a weapon you don't know how to use. War gladiators with master of arms won't have as much of an issue as that skill ensures they'll know how to use anything in their hands. A while back the forums were up in arms about how effective disarming was, are you suggesting you'd like to see its power increased? :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Kreegan
05-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Previously there were cases where a gladiator would pick a weapon that he has zero expertise with and still win the fight (quite common among Rages when Last Stand was the one-man-army skill on the arena). Currently picking up a weapon that the gladiator is not proficient with usually means a loss. Maybe the disarmed gladiators pick their original weapon a bit too often though.

Prinny
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Disarming does more than enough as it is, bashing with a grey old ass falchion that you don't know how to use instead of a Primeval hammer of the blood gods is a pain in the ass and will result in a loss for you most of the time as Kreegan pointed out.

AngryVermin
05-28-2013, 11:24 AM
"Maybe the disarmed gladiators pick their original weapon a bit too often though." - I concur.

rabbedrabit
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
well how many weapons are scattered around that arena to many and well all die from bleeding feet

rabbedrabit
10-01-2013, 11:46 AM
but the one that i do like is when 1 of your FANS throws a 2-handed basher to your blade fighter