PDA

View Full Version : Extra fights in seasons

Apoca1ypse
05-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Nate,

I'm much preferring this new format for seasons. The only downside I can see currently is that it allows someone to simply sink a heap of tokens into fights to get to #1. Most gladiators in season 2 have ~100-120 fights. Some have almost 200 and you'll notice it's only the glads on top. yes, they have great w/l, but their points are massively above everyone else's too. I'd propose implementing something like the old primus, where you couldnt purchase additional fights if you were in the top 10.

Maybe not in season 2, but maybe for season 3 onwards if the same ranking structure is used.

my 2c.

Prinny
05-22-2013, 03:16 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ur5ssh.png

4 x 3 = 12 I will pick Belca since he has the best w/l record of my glads so he will gain the most points.

Now say he gains 300-400 points a week without trophies that would be 12 x 400 = 4800 points at most (after thinking about it 400 points a week is way to optimistic but I am to lazy to pick a more reasonable number :p)

To obtain a weapon or torso you would obviously need to spend a good amount of trophies to get to the needed 7000 ranking though you already figured that much out aswell :rolleyes:

Now I could be incorrect but it seems like the more points Belca gets the more he gains and loses from wins and losses in the arena so it just might be possible to pull it off in the 3 months time each season lasts to get a weapon/torso if your glad performs extremely well (I think he is currently on 8 points for a win and 4-5 for a loss while at the start of the seasons it was on 4 for a win and 2 for a loss)

So idd say the current seasons format was intended for me to use trophies to get Belca some nice shiny preciooouuusssss gear =^w^=

Pit Lord
05-22-2013, 06:48 AM
I decided to keep fast pace at least first two weeks so only confident will follow which seems to be reduced to Belca. I still remember what happened to The Returned in the last day of Season 1 and i will try to avoid it.

EDIT: Last 3 fights 8 pts per win. Not sure how exactly is working the new system.