PDA

View Full Version : Attack Power

crow
03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know how exactly does attack power translate. Also how much effect does anyone see with Chi. I have read the descriptions but just wanted to start a thread on what others are encountering and seeing with these attributes.
Plus what attributes are best for Ragers, war, theatrics.

Team Kaos
03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
how much effect does anyone see with Chi
I've played with Chi a bit by going over the magical century mark with it, I definitely saw massive power shots with it but they were also random at best and not worth giving up so much of the other stats for it. Defensively, I saw nothing from Chi at all, but like the description says it works differently for each fighter.
Chi would be a luxury attribute for me as so far I have not seen it as a game breaker.
Like to see if anyone else has experimented with it.

Plus what attributes are best for Ragers, war, theatrics.
That question has many answers and for me it begins with what your weapon choice is.

Jaradakar
03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I believe Attack power is more effective at boosting damage than Str. But Str does other things, it boosts your attack power but it also reduces your encumbrancer as well has give you a small boost of hit points. So, if you don't care about increasing your ability to wear heavier armor or don't care about getting the first swing in (which I believe is based on a comparison of encumbrance) and you feel you have enough hit points as is, then gearing out pure Attack Power is the most efficient way to increase your damage output.

For example, lets say 1 point of strength equaled $1. Lets say that one point of strength gives you 0.50 attack power, 0.25 encumbrance increase and 0.25 hp increase but for that same $1 it would by you 1.0 of pure attack power.

I believe that Chi effects how much bonus damage you get when you score a critical hit (high damage hit). High amount of Chi will make it even higher, because many of the higher tier rage talents training is based on Chi, for them it's a more worthwhile stat to invest in compared to War or Theatrics.

(None of this is absolutely forsure information, just what I've experienced or have strong hunches on design wise).