PDA

View Full Version : Blood Gods Season 2!

Nate
05-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

It's been a bloody clash in the top ranks with many a tear shed and limbs lost! The 14th of May will be the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2! Top rated gladiators will be awarded titles and achievements for Season 1 and the start of Season 2 will see new promotions, all records reset to 0-0-0 and we'll be trying out a new rating system.

Good luck in the Pits!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
05-06-2013, 09:08 PM
oooh, this sounds good :)

Now to see if I can get a glad in #1 at the end of it all.... or hopefully just within the top 10

Cynaidh
05-07-2013, 05:30 AM
we'll be trying out a new rating system.

Is there any details on this?

Team Kaos
05-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Once season 2 begins, do the glads keep their already earned BG gear or do they lose Season I gear and begin again earning toward Season II gear?

Apoca1ypse
05-07-2013, 06:19 AM
AFAIK points reset but you keep the gear you already bought

Cynaidh
05-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Nate,

Is the final ranking going to be who is in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... on the final day, or is it going to be something like a ranking based on the total amount of BGP's earned by each gladiator for the tournament (that way glads who did well at the beginning but fell off still get some credit) or even something else?

Prinny
05-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I take it the points earned so far won't be reset? :P
A as in Asatsuo having 3k BGP points and gets them reset when the new season begins. Else im going to spend them lol

Pit Lord
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I hope the remaining BG points will not be lost in the end of the season.

Cynaidh
05-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I guess it depends on how Nate is going to do it, in WoW between seasons they wipe the points, but this is cause each season gets new gear (that is better then the previous season). So if Season 2 has better gear then i can see the points getting wiped, if the gear is the same then i see no point in it.

Pit Lord
05-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I guess it depends on how Nate is going to do it, in WoW between seasons they wipe the points, but this is cause each season gets new gear (that is better then the previous season). So if Season 2 has better gear then i can see the points getting wiped, if the gear is the same then i see no point in it.

I just imagined endless 2v2 battle in PoW with healer+dps vs healer+dps. When someone try to read it it's endless rounds of text ;) or maybe after 1000 rounds both teams lose :p.

Cynaidh
05-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Hmm that new blood god info link in game answered some of our questions:

"At the start of each Season all gladiators' records, BGP and ratings are reset and there is a 24 hour period before the start of the next Season. Be sure to use any remaining BGP your gladiators have before the start of the next Season."

So points are reset, spend them before the 14th!

Prinny
05-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Mhm...Guess I might aswell spend them lol xD

HipsterD
05-09-2013, 01:12 PM
But it's hard to figure out a way to spend 85 points:)

Prinny
05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Belca has 1028 left lol...talk about wasting points xD

HipsterD
05-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Hmm, speaking of around 1000 points going to waste. The latest inductees will be in a similar situation, only they will be stuck with too few points to get anything before the 24 hour grace period is up.

Cynaidh
05-10-2013, 04:48 AM
Prinny you should still get points Monday night on belca, those plus your existing 1028 should let him buy something, just got 24 hours to do it in.

Nate
05-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Is there any details on this?

The new rating system is more concerned with overall performance against the field rather than who you fight and where they were ranked at the time, but I made sure there would still be plenty of room for complaints, er..I mean compliments. ;)

Once season 2 begins, do the glads keep their already earned BG gear or do they lose Season I gear and begin again earning toward Season II gear?

All gear earned is yours to keep until you deem it not useful any longer.

Is the final ranking going to be who is in 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... on the final day, or is it going to be something like a ranking based on the total amount of BGP's earned by each gladiator for the tournament (that way glads who did well at the beginning but fell off still get some credit) or even something else?

1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
05-11-2013, 07:33 AM
1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Hmm i think some of us where hoping that it would be based off of each weeks performance either BGP total like oedi said or something like Pit Lord said in the suggestions forum, by it being just who is in 1st, 2nd, 3rd place on the last day it doesn't feel like a 2 month tournament at all, just who had lucky streaks those last couple of days. It makes 95% of the tournament not count to the final standings at all.

Cynaidh
05-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Well time for bed for me, The Returned still has a slight lead going into tonight... i don't really expect it to hold, guess we will see if someone wants to spend the trophies to win it all.

Cynaidh
05-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Well nevermind, i hit the fight button by mistake and this happened:

BJECTTHIRTYONE hits the sweet spot on THE RETURNED's head and drops her! (-Knockout-)

Grats Prinny or Pit Lord its all yours now.

Pit Lord
05-13-2013, 07:23 PM
I did all regular token fights. Will not do last minute trophy fights. So now Belca is 1st.

Apoca1ypse
05-13-2013, 07:42 PM
well I did a couple extras with Bruce, got to 2nd, and then received 4 KO's in a row to put him out of the top 10. Rather displeased with that.... Man, current system slams my narrow builds because of the chance to lose to a low ranked glad that I'm just not set up for strat wise...

Prinny
05-13-2013, 11:29 PM
Got to love knowing who your next opponent will be due to the scribe, Belca is in #1 for now with The Returned as his next opponent so I won't be risking that to get higher up :p

Apoca1ypse
05-13-2013, 11:47 PM
bladeslinger is Bruce's next opponent. I'm too hesitant to try my luck, even if a shot at belca follows 5 fights later (according to my piece of paper)

Prinny
05-14-2013, 02:10 AM
Getting #1 in the Blood Gods Seasons gets you a HOL slave roll in the slave market, with Laharl's retirement today that means I will always have HOL slaves in my stables slave market..lets try to find that 1150 gold glad :p

Nate
05-14-2013, 04:27 AM
The Blood Gods Season 1 tournament was a bloody affair and the citizens of the Great Realm want more! In less than a day's time Season 2 will be begin and the Arena officials have modified the way the rankings will be determined. For Season 2 we will not be using an ELO system like in Season 1, instead a gladiator's rating will be calculated based on the number of wins they achieve and their win ratio with kills and deaths playing their part. Ratings values in season 2 aren't equivalent to season 1, everyone will begin with a 0 rating instead of 1000 like before, and points gained or lost aren't influenced on your ranting vs your opponent's rating. Rating requirements for orange items will likewise be different to reflect the new rating system.

For those who have enough BGP to buy gear in the Chamber of Power please remember to do so before the start of the new Season as all BGP will be reset.

Good luck to all in Season 2 and may the true Blood Gods whom you honor on the sands shower you with their favor!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
For Season 2 we will not be using an ELO system like in Season 1, instead a gladiator's rating will be calculated based on the number of wins they achieve and their win ratio with kills and deaths playing their part. Ratings values in season 2 aren't equivalent to season 1, everyone will begin with a 0 rating instead of 1000 like before, and points gained or lost aren't influenced on your ranting vs your opponent's rating. Rating requirements for orange items will likewise be different to reflect the new rating system

This interests me greatly :)

Apoca1ypse
05-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Having just done some matches, I see that we are following the round robin rotation from before. I have no issue with this now that you're no longer forced to risk a heap of points against a glad with low rating. In fact if this works the way I currently think it does, this is the optimal way to round robin, as it gives a rather fair playing field because you can work out who your next opponent is, and tweak accordingly, and it avoids being locked in a particular spot from either rating or build stratification.

As for points are they fixed, or do they scale according to rank etc?

Win = +A
Loss = -B
Kill= +C
Death = -D

Am I right in saying that you get more points for a win in a fight you initiate?

/will muse more about this later once I do some more fights

Pit Lord
05-15-2013, 09:41 AM
It looks like if you do more fights you can accumulate more rating.

Prinny
05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
It looks like if you do more fights you can accumulate more rating.

Will still take a while even with spamming trophies to get enough points to buy stuff though :p

Pit Lord
05-15-2013, 01:47 PM
This must be close:
W 5
L -1
K 2
D -1

season is 55 days
armour items are 4000
weapon items are 7000

4000/55= 72.72 increase per day for armour
7000/55= 127.27 increase per day for weapons

Dainoji
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
a gladiator's rating will be calculated based on the number of wins they achieve and their win ratio with kills and deaths playing their part.

I don't think it's a straight point system based on what Nate mentioned in an earlier post. The points mentioned above don't fit. Glads with 1-8-0 records should have -3 points and they have 9 which is a pretty big discrepancy. I see a glad with a 2-7-0 record with 11 points instead of 3, again way off the proposed points above. Take Ahhnold with a 12-12-0 record and given these points he should have 48 but instead he has 39.

Apoca1ypse
05-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I think it scales relative to your current w/l. if you have a really high w/l, a win would yield not much but a loss would hurt a bunch. reverse would happen if you have a poor w/l. if that's the case, i'd imagine there would be a min/max to how many points you could lose or gain each fight.