PDA

View Full Version : Fight strategy overload

Sarcastic SOBs
05-03-2013, 08:49 AM
So I got two fighters that are Lvl 30 (One's a offensive war bleeder, the other's a big hit offensive war slugger) and now I got all these fight triggers. What triggers do you guys use most often?

Dainoji
05-03-2013, 08:23 PM
As usual it depends on what kind of gladiator you are building. If you are building a tank n' spank war glad then you'll want to use the endurance triggers like the "Opponent is moderately tired". Often when glads get knocked down they get a lot of penalties, so going bat shit crazy on them in that case can work, or if you get knocked to the ground you can either try and turtle and weather the storm or you can try and take the fight to your opponent and look to maybe knock them down, or crit them or proc a skill that will help you out.

Offensive war "bleeder" - can't say I've ever tried this since bleeding an opponent out is more a theatrics thing, but i could see it working. I'd probably try and be very active for the first 1/3 of the fight and then maybe parry-X and tank the rest of the fight. The goal here is to inflict some good bleeding damage early on and then go defensive and let them bleed out. Between heavy armor and the defensive fighting styles you might be able to pull it off.

Offensive sluggers or any purely offensive type is easier to run I think it's mostly a game of finding the sweet spot between number of attacks, damage and endurance usage. Use the black market and tavern to zero in on it. Be mindful that changing your gear around will affect things and you'll need to dial it in again after the change.

As a general rule, I start off with one strategy slot and then add a second and then a third and so on when doing testing and building a gladiator's strategy. I like to use 2 or 3 slots for the bulk of the strategy and then the 4th and 5th if I use them as ancillary slots. Some favorite triggers of mine are the specialty based ones like "if opponent is rage". For example if you are a theatrics gladiator and meet up with a rage gladiator it is a good bet that they'll be using berserk and maximizing number of attacks so triggering off of that and going counter strike will ensure you get a one for one hit instead of them getting all 5 or 6 hits in before you attack. Some Theatrics glads have got around this by stacking agility and making sure their initiative is very high and can sometimes get a number of hits in before the rage gladiator can act.

As you can see there is no one size fits all strategy, but if you start with just one at a time and layer them on and see how it works it should help. If you want to use the "opponent is rage" type triggers be sure to put them in the bottom slots because those triggers will always be true and if they are in the #2 slot none of your lower priority triggers will ever go off and when I say lower priority, 5 is a lower priority then 1. The order they appear top to bottom is the order in which they get evaluated by the game.

Sarcastic SOBs
05-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Okay, will do. Thanks for the tips.