PDA

View Full Version : Membership

HipsterD
04-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I’ve always felt that this game would be more successful in keeping new players in the game if it was a little more accessible in terms of free play. When I started it was way easier to earn free trophies…and there was still complaints☺ I enjoy this game and have long ago accepted the way it works in terms of the trophy system, but all things can be improved upon.
The Membership system is applied in many games and I think it could work out in everybody’s favor with PoW.

All upgrades purchased with gold including armor refresh and slave refresh (with daily limits)

Fee Play includes:
Buildings: Armory: lvl 1-2, Barracks: lvl 1-4, Vault: slots 1-3
Staff: Doctor lvl 1, Undertaker lvl 1
Memberships: None
Achievement Slots: 1-2

Membership 1 includes:
Buildings: Armory: lvl 1-4, Barracks: lvl 1-4, Vault: slots 1-10
Staff: Doctor lvl 1-2, Undertaker lvl 1-2
Memberships: Fat Louie’s Chop Shop, Merchant’s Guild lvl 1 (more than one level in a gold based game would be nice).
Achievement Slots: 1-4

Membership 2 includes:
Buildings: Armory: lvl 1-6, Barracks: lvl 1-4, Vault: slots 1-25
Staff: Scribe, Doctor lvl 1-3, Undertaker lvl 1-2
Memberships: Scull’s Gym, The Blood Academy, Fat Louie’s Chop Shop, Merchant’s Guild lvl 1-2
Achievement Slots: 1-6
Automatic Heal & Armor Repair

Or something like that. Give options of 3 months, 6 months and a year. Pricing is something that only Nate could figure out to make it compelling and still work financially. Vault slots might be a problem, if you happen to drop the membership.

Add a tournament that plays out over a weekend once a month based on gladiator lvl. (Olympians, lvl 50, lvl 49-45 and so on) First day round robin, second day top 32 double elimination round. Prizes could range from weapons & armor, stat swap (swap two stats on a glad), increased luck, I’m sure there are a lot of prizes that would be attractive and yet not throw the balance of the over all competition out of wack. This tournament would be a pay to play tournament, but for a couple of $ per glad, I think it would be fun and acceptable to most . And it would bring another source of revenue to support the game. Trophies could still be the currency, but now only pay for membership and tournament.

Maybe there are just idiotic ideas…little tired at the moment. Sure they can be improved. I’d just like to see more players enjoy this great game.

Nate
04-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestions HipsterD. There are actually some things in the queue right now that touch on some of your ideas, not exactly as you've outlined but somewhat related.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-