PDA

View Full Version : agility vs. attack power

mtroxell
04-12-2013, 06:35 AM
I have one theatric who has a high agility and who tends to get in the first (and second and third and....) blow. Recently I have run into several fighters who had lower agility but who were consistently getting in the first (and second and third...) blows when going up against my theatric. They were the same fighting style and had similar stats except for a lower agility and I couldn't figure out what was going on until I noticed each of them were wearing armor that had 50 to 60+ attack power on each armor piece. So does anyone have any idea what the relationship between agility and attack power is. Do they both affect initiative?

Mike

Prinny
04-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Asfar as I am aware of atk power doesn't affect initiative, what could affect it however is these gladiators having a higher lvl of Armour Movement than you, other strategies that would make them move first and lower encumbrance making them move faster.

mtroxell
04-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Possible, but my gladiator's armor encumberance is still in the green level. Does it matter how far the encumberance bar is? For instance, is being in the green area a little the same as being almost at the edge of the green level of encumberance?

Sotc
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
The % encumbrance does matter for initiative

Prinny
04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Although im not entirely sure about this it would be logical that you have a better initiative at say 16% encumbrance than when you would have 25%
The description of the encumbrance bar does say: The progress bar shows you how much equipment your gladiator is carrying compared to how much he is able to carry without being affected by it in battle. As long as the bar is green your gladiator will not suffer any penalties, if the bar is yellow, orange or red it means your gladiator is encumbered. An encumbered gladiator may still fight well and win, he'll just tire quicker than if he wasn't carrying around as much weight. so the only way to know really is if you would already be doing 2-3 attacks and by lowering the encumbrance (but keeping the attributes that have effect on it the same) getting the glad to 3 attacks a round instead of 2-3.

That in itself would be quite a decent way to test it but I can't be asked to do so at the moment since it means buying new gear and I already have a nearly 40 pieces if I combine what's in my 2 vaults^^"

Jervaj
04-13-2013, 02:38 AM
But Prinny as you have copied here. The description says it: As long as the bar is green your gladiator will not suffer any penalties

So its seems quite fair to admit that below 25% your glad is having 100% of the initiative he can have. Isnt it?

If theres any difference it should be really small.