PDA

View Full Version : Paypal/trophy question

Morvaane
04-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Quick question... I wanted to grab a few trophies to jump back in (havent played in years) does anyone know if Paypal for some stupid reason does not accept front loaded "debit" cards (for example the Walmart green card... go you load money onto it whenever ya feel like... so not a bank account but its still pre-loaded and the money is there. No idea why paypal wouldnt accept when I pay all my bills and play other games that way.

Any info?

crow
04-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Nate will probably be the only one to answer your question. I don't know why it would not accept it.

Also welcome back, I remember you playing back when I started.

Team Kaos
04-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Sometimes with prepaid debit/credit cards you need to register them with an address. A lot of commerce programs require a zip code for the transaction to go through. So if you have not registered your card, there is no zip code associated with the card.
Take a look at the back of the card or holder if you still have it, likely there will be a website listed where you can register the card and once done you should not have any problems using it.

Nate
04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Welcome back Morvaane! The pits have missed you! :)

Kaos has the right of it. I've found refernce to those kinds of cards sometimes working and sometimes not.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Bank-accounts-and-credit-cards/Using-a-prepaid-debit-or-credit-card/td-p/352496

the above article mentions the Green Dot Money Pack which is meant to work with PayPal and can be found here: https://www.moneypak.com/

If you still have trouble after trying Kaos's suggestion please let me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Morvaane
04-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the responses, and the welcome back. Its been a long time, I missed the Pits... looking forward to checking out all thats changed since Ive been gone.

Ill give that a try, I have the card registered thru its main site, ill try the other and link it to paypal, see if it works.

Morvaane
04-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Got it all worked out... apparently my stupid paypal was on "restricted" access because I hadnt used it in years... so I had to upload a photo id (guess they got serious about security lol)

Mmookk
05-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Also just make sure to add the card to your Paypal account