PDA

View Full Version : New Update 4/7/2013 Blood Gods Season Gear!

Nate
04-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

A new update just went live that introduces the Season Gear for the Blood Gods bracket! If you have a gladiator competing in Blood Gods you'll now have access to The Chamber of Power at the Blacksmith where you can spend your hard earned Blood God Points(BGP)!

Happy Shopping!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
04-07-2013, 09:01 PM
YAY! Finally we get to see these!

Those legendary weapons look amazing, but the ratings points required are going to make it a nightmare. I assume it has to be done with current rating, not ratings that you may have achieved in the past.

Nate
04-07-2013, 09:04 PM
YAY! Finally we get to see these!

Those legendary weapons look amazing, but the ratings points required are going to make it a nightmare. I assume it has to be done with current rating, not ratings that you may have achieved in the past.

Ratings will be reset at the start of each season.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
sorry, I'm just after proper clarification here.

I see a rating requirement of 2000. that means my gladiator would need a rating of 2000 at that point in time correct? So far only Bruce, The Returned and Razael have made it above 1400 rating, so that's going to take a long time.

I also see on our gladiator's overview page, that glads now have BGP: X/8500. I assume 8500 is the most amount of points you have have stored at any one time and purchases in the chamber of power get removed from that total.

Last thing to comment on, is why am I seeing epic 1H weapons with damage per round of 480-580 but no 2H weapons above 500?

Apoca1ypse
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
also, I gotta say in a post of it's own, the new item art is AWESOME!!!!

Sotc
04-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Awesome stuff! Been looking forward to this for a while. Thanks Nate!

Nate
04-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I see a rating requirement of 2000. that means my gladiator would need a rating of 2000 at that point in time correct? So far only Bruce, The Returned and Razael have made it above 1400 rating, so that's going to take a long time, especially if you must have a rating over that point at the moment you are making the purchase.

If the item has a ranking req. on it then you'll need to have that or greater to buy the item. If you drop after that it is still yours and usable.

I also see on our gladiator's overview page, that glads now have BGP: X/8500. I assume 8500 is the most amount of points you have have stored at any one time and purchases in the chamber of power get removed from that total.

Correct.

Last thing to comment on, is why am I seeing epic 1H weapons with damage per round of 480-580 but no 2H weapons above 500?

The DPR calculation is an estimate based on the low and the high damage and the speed of the weapon (in a vacuum). Your strategy alone can shift those numbers up or down easily since DPR is Damage Per Round and if you stand there doing nothing your DPR will be 0. I'm sure your 2H weapon will do more than 500 damage. ;)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
also, I gotta say in a post of it's own, the new item art is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks! Glad you like it. As you know I take great pains to deliver awesome art to you guys, the idea that a "browser" game doesn't deserve AAA quality doesn't apply in the Great Realm! :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Awesome stuff! Been looking forward to this for a while. Thanks Nate!

You're welcome! Now back to CONQUESTS!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
04-07-2013, 09:39 PM
If the item has a ranking req. on it then you'll need to have that or greater to buy the item. If you drop after that it is still yours and usable.

oh, interesting. So, if you have it equipped but drop under 2000 rating it gets unequipped? or you just couldnt reequip after taking it off? seems like as awesoem as they are, you'd need multiple weapons to gain use of it again at the start of the following season

Correct.

cheers

The DPR calculation is an estimate based on the low and the high damage and the speed of the weapon (in a vacuum). Your strategy alone can shift those numbers up or down easily since DPR is Damage Per Round and if you stand there doing nothing your DPR will be 0. I'm sure your 2H weapon will do more than 500 damage. ;)

ok, just seemed odd because with non-chamber weapons, 2H ones still had higher DPR (last i checked, which was last year before the fight engine changes) cheers for the clarification :)

Thanks! Glad you like it. As you know I take great pains to deliver awesome art to you guys, the idea that a "browser" game doesn't deserve AAA quality doesn't apply in the Great Realm! :)

I know :) Did you have these bits of art done ages ago, or get in touch with the artists again to make these amazing things? I keep seeing new art and my jaw keeps dropping. arm pieces with animal jaws etc look badass. I wish I had a theatrics and a war to see what med/heavy armour looked like

Nate
04-07-2013, 09:43 PM
oh, interesting. So, if you have it equipped but drop under 2000 rating it gets unequipped? or you just couldnt reequip after taking it off? seems like as awesoem as they are, you'd need multiple weapons to gain use of it again at the start of the following season

No, once you buy it, it is yours and can use it anytime.

ok, just seemed odd because with non-chamber weapons, 2H ones still had higher DPR (last i checked, which was last year before the fight engine changes) cheers for the clarification :)

Nope, nothing has changed, the DPR for 2H weapons has always been a little lower than some other weapons since the update. I would pay more attention to min and max damage and how you go about using it rather than the DPR! :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
04-07-2013, 09:53 PM
No, once you buy it, it is yours and can use it anytime.

Ok, I just misread then :)

Nope, nothing has changed, the DPR for 2H weapons has always been a little lower than some other weapons since the update. I would pay more attention to min and max damage and how you go about using it rather than the DPR! :)

But that requires thought.... something my stable isnt very well known for :P

Nate
04-07-2013, 11:44 PM
For those of you who don't have access to the Chamber of Power, here's a taste of what lies within!

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/primitive_weapons_teasers_greataxe.jpg

oedi
04-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Awesome equipment :) and I just bought my first item for 2100 bgp.

Sub31 is now the proud owner of

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vkdto9.jpg

Pit Lord
04-08-2013, 01:18 AM
The 2k Falchion and Wall Shield are awesome :).

Cynaidh
04-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Ya the 2k stuff is nice, but honestly i don't see how anyone will be able to get any of the oranges any time soon, I wouldn't worry about saving up points to buy it for sure. I just had the Returned at 1540ish points last week, he was getting 1 point for beating 2nd place and when he lost to 2nd place he lost 26 points, I cant even imagine making it to 1700 much less 2000 points.

Apoca1ypse
04-08-2013, 05:55 AM
For those of you who don't have access to the Chamber of Power, here's a taste of what lies within!

http://www.pitofwar.com/images/_Teasers/primitive_weapons_teasers_greataxe.jpg

My jaw dropped at that art when I saw it in the blacksmith. It's my fav so far. I wonder what the exotics and polearms look like.... man, a cestus must look brutal!

Ya the 2k stuff is nice, but honestly i don't see how anyone will be able to get any of the oranges any time soon, I wouldn't worry about saving up points to buy it for sure. I just had the Returned at 1540ish points last week, he was getting 1 point for beating 2nd place and when he lost to 2nd place he lost 26 points, I cant even imagine making it to 1700 much less 2000 points.

I know the feeling. I've stopped bothering to be #1 for seasons and am instead tweeking builds

Cynaidh
04-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Ya i love that axe graphic i got one for The Returned already. :)

Primeval Giant Splitter of the Blood God
378-632 Damage
504.3 dps
13 str
15 agil
11 pres
Increases extra damage by 22
Increases kill rank by 25
Increases armour penetration rank by 32

Probably better out there, i just love how it looks.

Prinny
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
My jaw dropped at that art when I saw it in the blacksmith. It's my fav so far. I wonder what the exotics and polearms look like.... man, a cestus must look brutal!

I know the feeling. I've stopped bothering to be #1 for seasons and am instead tweeking builds

Polearms look awesome :P
Im on the fence on the look of 1 of the blades though and I don't really like the heavy armour chestpieces, the rest is awesome :D

Yea cyn i've seen alot better 2H ones :P

Dainoji
04-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Dear Jebus that's an awesome looking axe!!! Poor Thunder Lips just can't seem to make it over that last hump into Blood Gods...Perhaps I'll take away his nightly brothel visits until he steps it up!

crow
04-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Dear Jebus that's an awesome looking axe!!! Poor Thunder Lips just can't seem to make it over that last hump into Blood Gods...Perhaps I'll take away his nightly brothel visits until he steps it up!

Being the OLDEST!! glad in the game, he can't get over the hump because he is using a walker!! :) I'm sure he is having to use the little blue pill for his brothel visits as well.

Apoca1ypse
04-09-2013, 11:24 PM
hahahaha!

I thought it was because she just felt that she just didnt need to prove herself anymore ;)