PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone liking the Blood God's Ranking system.

Cynaidh
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Now that its been there for a few weeks, hows everyone liking this ranking system?

For myself i don't really see it being any improvement over what Primus has now, I consider it worse.

I thought with it being a 2-3 month long tournament where the ranks got reset at the end of the tournament it was going to be more rigid. What i mean is a system where moving from 7th to 5th place would mean something, not something that happens in 1 fight. Instead we have a system where you just flop around moving up or down multiple spots per fight. Bruce Lee is a good example of this last week at one point he had a 200 point lead over 2nd place, then in the period of a week he fell down i believe to 16th place, and is now back up to 3rd (well is was earlier who knows where he is now). Bloody Mary is another good example, entered the blood gods and within 1 day was in the top 10. It appears that you can win/loose around 30 points or something like that per fight max. So in theory if you are in last place right now you can go from last place to first place in under 4 days if you get high ranking match-ups and win every fight.

What this means is that for this 2-3 month tournament NOTHING matters but the LAST WEEK of the tournament if your concerned about winning. Everything else is just a pointless waste of time all your doing is getting a few more points per week then lower ranked people. You could lead the blood gods for 92% of the tournament and then someone on a lucky streak in that last week could come from last place to win it all... its actually possible. Might as well do the reset every week and have a weekly winner, it at least would make more sense that way. I thought the whole point of it resetting after 2-3 months was so that new gladiators entering the Blood Gods would have equal footing on the rest, why do we even need that when a new glad can get into the top 10 in a day after it had been running for a couple of weeks.

Maybe I had my hopes too high for this new arena, but after almost a month of playing the game of musical chairs that the blood god rankings are I just don't see the point.

Prinny
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2h58uiq.png

Pit Lord
03-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Its Bloody Lady not Bloody Mary although Bloody Mary is interesting name :)

oedi
03-28-2013, 11:59 PM
I totally agree with cynaidh on this one, to calculate rating points after each fight is just silly. I would prefer that the rating to be set each week when the system calculates currency for the new armour. Then it would actually mean something, an other posibility would be to set rating at one or both daily server resets.

Cynaidh
03-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Its Bloody Lady not Bloody Mary although Bloody Mary is interesting name :)

Woops! Sorry, I am horrible with names just ask Lahral! :)

Cynaidh
03-29-2013, 03:55 AM
I totally agree with cynaidh on this one, to calculate rating points after each fight is just silly. I would prefer that the rating to be set each week when the system calculates currency for the new armour. Then it would actually mean something, an other posibility would be to set rating at one or both daily server resets.

I agree Oedi and having a realistic K-factor for when it does it would make the bracket much more stable and make the fights at the beginning of the tournament actually mean something.

crow
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
I think this it is a good start. I'm sure after taking feedback from us, this will get refined into a more in depth part of the game.

Apoca1ypse
03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
I too find the flip-flopping a PITA. Bruce had a 320 point lead at one stage and lost it within 10 fights. that's a little extreme really, especially because some of his wins give no points at all. I would have thought that you'd get at least 1 point against a low ranked glad, especially when they can gain so many. why risk that if you have nothing to gain?

as for a low rank glad making #1 quickly, that aint gonna happen. they're low for a reason. just ask Arg :P

Cynaidh
03-30-2013, 04:17 AM
I too find the flip-flopping a PITA. Bruce had a 320 point lead at one stage and lost it within 10 fights. that's a little extreme really, especially because some of his wins give no points at all. I would have thought that you'd get at least 1 point against a low ranked glad, especially when they can gain so many. why risk that if you have nothing to gain?

as for a low rank glad making #1 quickly, that aint gonna happen. they're low for a reason. just ask Arg :P

That's a big part of my dissatisfaction of this system, this is supposed to be a tournament but because its so easy to move up and down the ranks what has happened so far is meaningless for who is going to win. And I wouldn't say it wont happen, a glad could get promoted up from primus and easily move into the top 10 its already happened once.