PDA

View Full Version : Now thats some bloody defense!

Cynaidh
03-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Pit Lord, I love your setup on Bloody Lady been following her fights for awhile since another manager pointed her out for awhile, I am curious though how much defense does she has?

You can see 248 from gear. The shield would give 139 (if all conditions are optimal, i'd guess they are since you have 10 in shield and i'd bet your using a parry-x style). So that leaves achievements, looking at some of my guys i see five +30 defense achievements that are fairly easy to get, so i'd guess your using those and one +25 (basing that on your stats and the fact it doesn't appear your using any hit point achievements).

So I'd guess.... 562 defense total!

But once a fight starts... Str of the crowd for 86 more defense!

So... 648 defense once the fight is going good, and really got to add more for crowd pleaser but i don't know how much that adds on.

648+ defense!!!

OMG! I love it, no wonder no one can hit you.

Pit Lord
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Now running 301 AP 308 def on equipment screen, shield is 139 def, Strenght of the crowd is 86 def, Crowdpleaser - no info. No idea is it helping or not. Also i still dont know if shield def counts if counterattack is used :confused: . This build seems to be the ultimate counter vs Theatrics :(

Pit Lord
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
In Blood Gods everyone is extreme one way or another so just another extreme joined in :D

Cynaidh
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Ahh ok, so two +30 achievements, i was thinking 6. :)

Still that's extremely cool always nice to see something fresh. Does make you wonder what it be like all maxed out...

I mean if you could carry a tower shield, that would be 277 instead of 139 defense :) with max achievements, you'd be near 800 defense with str of the crowd going.

Pit Lord
03-19-2013, 08:10 PM
She uses it only in BGs against Theatrics.

Chrispi
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Pit Lord,

I've enjoyed our many battles together... I always suspected we had some similarities in gear or strategy.
Although it seems the difference in strategy and armor type have been more fortunate for my gladiator... 10 - 0 vs. Bloody Lady.

Till we meet again.

Pit Lord
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I guess you are the manager of Penn, who was challenging regularly Bloody Lady last few days.
She was not setup properly for your gladiator and she was not able to challenge him back anyway since he was too low in the rankings. Of course it was up to you to decide to exploit this or not. They may meet in BGs some day ;)

Chrispi
03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
I guess you are the manager of Penn, who was challenging regularly Bloody Lady last few days.
She was not setup properly for your gladiator and she was not able to challenge him back anyway since hi was too low in the rankings. Of course it was up to you to decide to exploit this or not. They may meet in BGs some day ;)

I do control "Peaceful" Penn...

Although, I've not challenged you anymore than any of the other Gladiators at the top of my challenge list...
Smackers (7-1) Psycho Ex (6-0). I wish I had the same record vs. Larhal (6-4) or Mr Champloo (3-3).
No offence or bullying was intended, your Glad was simply the top of the mountain as I was moving up.

I look forward to eventually getting Penn into the Blood God bracket, although the 100 pt. Glads are somewhat daunting.
None-the-less, Bloody Lady is a great Glad, I appreciate your set-up and gear choices, it's good too see someone else had a similar idea as mine with Penn.

Cheers mate, see ya soon on Blood God.

Prinny
03-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Larhal (6-4)
*Laharl
Also he's going through rehab atm to see if he will do better or not, he might be facing retirement soon :(

Pit Lord
03-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Penn setup is strong too. Bloody Lady and Penn are examples of very defensively focused setups for their skill trees. I wouldnt be surprised to see Penn in Blood Gods very soon. I think the AP/Defense era has just begin.

Apoca1ypse
03-20-2013, 01:39 AM
*Laharl
Also he's going through rehab atm to see if he will do better or not, he might be facing retirement soon :(

You will forever making that correction Prinny. I lol every time you accidentally type it out wrong and your subsequent aneurisms upon realisation :P

As for retirement, say it aint so!

Cynaidh
03-20-2013, 04:41 AM
I think the AP/Defense era has just begin.

I can't disagree since i saw Bloody Lady in 2nd place in Blood Gods this morning with the highest win% in Blood Gods of 72.9%! Amazing job!

Kreegan
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Seems to be mostly related to Crowd Pleaser. The defensive Theatrics seem to block much more attacks than the defensive Wars (provided that the latter don't have that skill), even though they take higher damage when something finally hits them. I've had quite some fights vs. parrying Theatrics and frankly getting through their defense could be a pain for non-Rage who is not focusing on attack power (in general though, parrying Theatrics bleeder takes out defensive War any day). I'm a bit surprised that this observation surfaces so late.

Prinny
03-20-2013, 02:00 PM
As for retirement, say it aint so!
Sadly he isn't performing as well as I wish he would anymore, especially since at most he can get 5 points in "Light As A Feather" which doesn't really help him alot...going full Medium wouldn't work either since in that case idd rather run a HOL Theatric, he's going for Never Say Die now instead...see if it works or not...

He was fortunate enough to start out with 74 size..that did cut it before but it won't anymore the fact that his replacement would have +5-10 in every attribute (exept Intellect since Laharl's starting Int was 85...) and atleast 10-15 more Size makes it very appealing...

The fact that he has like 1k more points than the current #1 in the Hall Of Legends makes it quite appealing aswell...

Chrispi
03-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I think the AP/Defense era has just begin.
If ya can't beat em... Join em! :D

Chrispi
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
*Laharl

This would be a sad day indeed... Penn wasn't my first Glad, but he's been my most successful.
I've had to stop and restart PoW many times due to work and internet availability, but I recall seeing **Laharl** as far back as I can remember my playing.

(As a side note... when you retire ('award freedom') a Glad are you given a replacement? I’m afraid to go near that link on Penn for fear of losing him.)

Apoca1ypse
03-20-2013, 09:15 PM
If it is to award freedom (not selling), the slaves that will be available for purchase will be juiced up HoL slaves. Once you purchase one of them, they are replaced with regular slaves.

Chrispi
03-20-2013, 10:55 PM
If it is to award freedom (not selling), the slaves that will be available for purchase will be juiced up HoL slaves. Once you purchase one of them, they are replaced with regular slaves.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers

Alba Kebab
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Seems to be mostly related to Crowd Pleaser. The defensive Theatrics seem to block much more attacks than the defensive Wars (provided that the latter don't have that skill), even though they take higher damage when something finally hits them. I've had quite some fights vs. parrying Theatrics and frankly getting through their defense could be a pain for non-Rage who is not focusing on attack power (in general though, parrying Theatrics bleeder takes out defensive War any day). I'm a bit surprised that this observation surfaces so late.
It's the euphoria of surprise when they find out defensive theatrics can beat speed rages, OMG surprise! :p

Cynaidh
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM
in general though, parrying Theatrics bleeder takes out defensive War any day

Interestingly enough that seems to be the exact opposite of whats happening in the blood gods. Bloody Lady is terrorizing rages and theatrics but its the defensive warriors that can just out last her and make her drop from the fights i have been reading. There is a defensive warrior in first place right now matter of fact.

Pit Lord
03-21-2013, 10:14 AM
She does not have Bloody Spectacle yet. For today she has 83 skill points.

Kreegan
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Interestingly enough that seems to be the exact opposite of whats happening in the blood gods. Bloody Lady is terrorizing rages and theatrics but its the defensive warriors that can just out last her and make her drop from the fights i have been reading. There is a defensive warrior in first place right now matter of fact.You can't really compare an undertrained gladiator with the HoLs loaded with achievements that frequent the Blood Gods. I guess your Beltank makes no difference. The very fact that Blood Lady can make it to the top of the top bracket even without 100/100 trains certainly means that parrying Theatrics with strong defense focus are a very potent build. The parrying Wars on the other hand focus more on damage reduction than damage prevention and that helps little vs bleeders where taking a few scratches that trigger 20-30 bleeding each means defeat if the battle stretches beyond round 10.

Cynaidh
03-21-2013, 02:41 PM
You can't really compare an undertrained gladiator with the HoLs loaded with achievements that frequent the Blood Gods. I guess your Beltank makes no difference. The very fact that Blood Lady can make it to the top of the top bracket even without 100/100 trains certainly means that parrying Theatrics with strong defense focus are a very potent build. The parrying Wars on the other hand focus more on damage reduction than damage prevention and that helps little vs bleeders where taking a few scratches that trigger 20-30 bleeding each means defeat if the battle stretches beyond round 10.

Well that's whats amazing a undertrained non-HOL just made it to 1st place in blood gods (right now at 6:45pm EST she is in first), so that means to me the current build she has is just as good as all those maxed out HOL glads, I am not trying to put down Bloody Lady i am just saying the match-up's where she looses surprise me. I am sure we are fixing to see more of this build since its really just a gearing build to get most of the defense, I know i will probably try it on deepcutter myself at some point just to see how it works on an HOL.

Alba Kebab
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Well that's whats amazing a undertrained non-HOL just made it to 1st place in blood gods (right now at 6:45pm EST she is in first), so that means to me the current build she has is just as good as all those maxed out HOL glads, I am not trying to put down Bloody Lady i am just saying the match-up's where she looses surprise me. I am sure we are fixing to see more of this build since its really just a gearing build to get most of the defense, I know i will probably try it on deepcutter myself at some point just to see how it works on an HOL.
I am surprised that people are surprised defensive theatrics is a rock to the speed rage scissors, and I'm also surprised that people can be surprised at defensive war beating defensive theatrics. :p;)

Pit Lord
03-22-2013, 07:14 AM
Results from matches with identical setup in Blood Gods bracket:
Rage:
-Dual Wield 24-11
-2H 7-5
War:
-Defensive 12-15
-Offensive 4-2
Theatrics: 23-2.

Cynaidh
03-26-2013, 04:44 AM
OMG there is a 2nd one! Just ran into a warrior in all defense gear named Penn... he seems a bit squishier though.

Chrispi
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah... Penn is still squishy. He's still under 75 skill points, so I'll be at a disadvantage for a bit.
It's nice to be in the Blood God ranks none-the-less.

Cheers,

Cynaidh
03-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Still doing damn well for having 75 skill points Chrispi, I am trying it myself on one of my lower level guys, its interesting for sure. :)

Cynaidh
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
So i went ahead an tried this on Phidippus Audax today, and i have to say its actually a fun way to run your glad.

I have Phidippus Audax running with a tower shield and a mix of leather and chain armor that give him + 328 Defense (115 from achievements) on the equipment screen and 277 defense on the tower shield, he is sitting at 20% encumbrance.

I have to say its funny as hell reading his fights even with him having NO defensive skills except for 9 in shield, he gets an insane amount of blocks, parries, making them miss. I can't wait to see it with some points in crowd pleaser.

Chrispi
03-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Reading all the Parries and Blocks was why I started stacking Def. on Penn to begin with.
I can't remember exactly, but I know I've had fights go well into round 50+ by just blocking and parry as a Tank.
I was keeping track of my longest fight at lower levels, but I've not checked for awhile...
I'm sure I had some pretty long fights with Barrier in Primus.

As a side note... with all the big hitters in Blood God having increased stam... It's becoming quite evident the Tanking / Outlasting is not as effective as it was in Primus. I suppose that Armored Fortress will help this somewhat, but even then I'm skeptical.
Using Baseball terminology... Penn looks like a good AAA+ player, but can't cut it in the big leagues.

Pit Lord
03-29-2013, 11:18 AM
After some more extensive fighting i can say the hardest for the defensive theatric are the big 2H damage builds. I think this is evidenced in the Blood Games where Bloody Lady is pushing everyone else down while the 2H guys eventually raised to the top.

crow
03-29-2013, 11:26 AM
You will find the top 30 or so glads in the game are generally on a different level than the rest. It truly takes a unique and special design and strategy build to play in the highest level of the game.

Apoca1ypse
03-29-2013, 11:49 AM
After some more extensive fighting i can say the hardest for the defensive theatric are the big 2H damage builds. I think this is evidenced in the Blood Games where Bloody Lady is pushing everyone else down while the 2H guys eventually raised to the top.

If Ahhnold could just get past the speed theatrics he'd gladly have another shot at the lady, hopefully w/o surprise ending smacking his rampage back at him....

Bit late now though. My guys are out of contention.

Cynaidh
03-30-2013, 04:14 AM
If Ahhnold could just get past the speed theatrics he'd gladly have another shot at the lady, hopefully w/o surprise ending smacking his rampage back at him....

Bit late now though. My guys are out of contention.

Looks like its either the returned or deepcutter now, only way the returned looses is if deepcutter kills him, and if that happens then deepcutter would win, even if that happened and Bloody Lady killed Beltank, deepcutter would win the tie breaker from having more wins. So one of the two of them should win unless my math is off.

Pit Lord
04-05-2013, 04:12 AM
Today she hit 100/100 skills. Definitely there is some difference from 99. Feels somewhat more solid. :)

Pit Lord
10-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Pit Lord,

I've enjoyed our many battles together... I always suspected we had some similarities in gear or strategy.
Although it seems the difference in strategy and armor type have been more fortunate for my gladiator... 10 - 0 vs. Bloody Lady.

Till we meet again.

R O U N D 39
BLOODY LADY grabs a handful of the remains of the gladiator who was once PENN!

Fight 684 — BLOODY LADY danced a victory jig over the fallen and deceased PENN!

She is one happy girl today :D.

Apoca1ypse
10-23-2013, 07:36 AM
haha, biding your time on revenge I see :P

Now you know how Bruce feels when he gets a win against her :P

Pit Lord
10-23-2013, 07:41 AM
It just so happened she is good vs him. Anyway Ahhnold is returning the favor so I think its ok for you :)

Apoca1ypse
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
hahaha. Still feels good when Bruce gets a win... though it's pretty rare :P

What's been going on with the lady? I noticed she's been hanging out in the mid 40's this season and is down a heap of fights. Did you go on a holiday or something?

Chrispi
10-24-2013, 05:07 AM
R O U N D 39
BLOODY LADY grabs a handful of the remains of the gladiator who was once PENN!

Fight 684 — BLOODY LADY danced a victory jig over the fallen and deceased PENN!

She is one happy girl today :D.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I logged in (deployed & training) so I've neglected my glads. I'll be around for a bit before my next time away, so you'll get your chance to repeat. Penn is looking a bit under matched and ragged now-a-days. The tank and outlast strategy isn't having nearly the same level of success as it did in the Primus division. It's quite a bit different with the Blood Gods.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I can fix Penn to be competitive... I'm actually contemplating his retirement to get one of the premium slaves. That being said, I figure I should at least get Penn to full skill points before giving up on him. He's my first to 50 so it's difficult to let go...

Cheers!

Pit Lord
12-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Today she is crazy like a fool. Using her "off-spec" to pawn a few 2 handers, she was even able to get up from the ground ;).

Pit Lord
02-22-2015, 03:20 AM
Now when she is retired I just forgot to say I'm happy I had this gladiator in my stable :).