PDA

View Full Version : Request for the ability to tweek skills when T5 is 10/10

Apoca1ypse
03-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Lets say that I have 100 trains all in 1 tree, and the T5 is 10/10

If I want to drop ranks in a lower tier skill to put them into another skill to tweek a build, I currently need to unlearn the T5 skill ENTIRELY before I can even start modifying the lower tier skill. That is just so unappealing that I dont think anyone is ever going to bother. It also means that anyone wanting to have a decent build will have to wait for 9 of their skills to be maxed out before they start training up the T5 skill (though this is much less of an issue)

As such, I'd like to propose that having one of the following options would be awesome:

- respecs can be bought
- T5 skills become available at a lower skill requirement (85-89 instead of 90)

I believe that the latter would be simpler to implement, and will still stop hybridisation - especially if the restriction is 89 skill points.

Pit Lord
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
The 89 skill points requirement sounds very reasonable to me also.

Cynaidh
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Actually i just found out it doesn't work that way Apoc.

If you un-train TC by .1 using skill points (might take a few tries to get a success i had like an 8% chance) so its at 9.9 you now have 99 skills, so you have 1 skill free, you put that 1 point in the new skill your going to level, so now you have 91 skill points in tier 4 and lower, so you can now unlearn the skill you want to drop from 10 to 9, putting you back at 99 skills, then you bring your new skill to 2.0..... repeat till old skill is at 0 new skill is at 10, then you train TC back from 9.9 to 10

Currently doing it on belwraith taking him from two-handed weapon to 1hb, working great.

Apoca1ypse
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
hmm, I should stop typing things up when I'm exhausted so I wont have silly oversights like that (Pfft, like that'll ever happen)

It'll still be annoying to respec, but far less awful than I first thought. after these BG's I think Ahhnold is going to get some tweeking. I'm gonna miss that extra swing though :(