PDA

View Full Version : Question to Nate about shields

crow
03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Shields show a defense amount on their stat line. But do not show up on the defense increase on the equipment page. Is there a reason the defensive boost for shields is not listed on the equipment page, or do shields have to be run certain ways to be effective. I know that if you run Parry or Tank you will see a significant amount in missed or blocked attacks, but is the defensive effect no longer in play if using normal offensive stategies?

Cynaidh
03-12-2013, 08:01 AM
I'd love to see an answer to this as well.

Before the big update that changed everything you used to see a line something like "SomeRandomGlad moves his shield in front of the blow" or something like that, and the hit would be for less damage then the hits where the glad didn't move the shield in the way. I always though those attacks that where partially blocked where having the damage lowered based on the defense on the shield. But i haven't seen that message since the big update.

Nate
03-13-2013, 09:14 AM
The defensive amount shown on a shield indicates what it is capable of providing if all conditions are optimal. What are those conditions? Everything from skill level to your strategy choices.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-