PDA

View Full Version : Blood Gods

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 06:36 AM
May as well have a little thread for this. Because seasons rotate so quickly, I think having a thread for each season is pointless...

Anyway, how are people finding it, now that they're had a few fights and are getting 'fair' matchups based on opponent score? Personally I'm liking it till I bump into any of Narol's theatrics. they tear me apart. Frequently

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
And I just logged on to see Bruce's ranking waaay higher than expected as it was 2210 last I looked - 5 points clear of bladeslinger - and was thinking ok, I won a few matches....

I was also confused by the gap to 2nd place and figured that he had lost a bunch of fights to someone.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Apoca1ypse2/pit%20of%20war/BruceRanking_zpsfae8ba1b.jpg

Then I saw Bruce's challenge list.... lol :P

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f273/Apoca1ypse2/pit%20of%20war/BruceChallenges_zps01a030f3.jpg

Cynaidh
03-07-2013, 06:44 AM
Yup i was trying to see if i could get the fights between them more competitive, but i give up at this point. Bruce just kicks Bladesinger's ass even though i have no idea why to be honest they should be a decent match up, even if Bladesinger gets Bruce down to 12 hit points the enforcer gives the fight to Bruce. At this point i am done trying to figure it out.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 06:49 AM
9-2 in Bruce's favour. I'll agree that you got dicked hard in that last match, with Bruce winning on 12hp when he really should have lost. I just made a slight tweek in achievements yesterday and I think that's what gave Bruce the edge against Bladeslinger, as it had been the reverse before that.

I also noticed the metagame tweek on belwraith, making him a sniveler to try and down the other ragers before they get a swing in. Certainly causing issues for Ahhnold.

Cynaidh
03-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Yup belwraith went Sniveler and Bladesinger went Urk.

Was trying to get another fight with them but not getting the match up, i wonder if Bruce has so many points he is out of reach for 2nd place for a "normal" match up.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Wont be the case. just luck. remember how I couldn't get a match against Bladeslinger in about 20 fights? maybe you're experiencing the same thing as there are more people closer to you.

Bruce reached 1322 points after a win vs one of the arrrrpirates, which was a random matchup.

edit: 1330 points now. I also see Siam in 3rd place, poised to be a killjoy for every rage in the Blood Gods....

Cynaidh
03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Ya i would guess that match up with Arrrhpirate was a wild card match up from nates post since he was like 400 points below you in the ranks:

"The majority of the time a gladiator will be pitted against another within a range of his or her current rating to keep matches more fair. On occation a "wild card" match could happen where a gladiator is matched up with another far above or below them."

It all depends on what that "within a range of his or her current rating" is, Bruce has a huge lead against 2nd.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 07:49 AM
yeah it's true.

I'm enjoying the good life while it lasts as there is imminent butt-rape from Siam...

Cynaidh
03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Maybe, maybe not Beltank might protect you from him :) He matches up really well vs counter-strikers.

Apoca1ypse
03-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Maybe, maybe not Beltank might protect you from him :) He matches up really well vs counter-strikers.

I am ok with this :)