PDA

View Full Version : Selling Slaves

Team Kaos
02-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Wouldn't it be neat if you could buy slaves, train them with time and expertise and then put them out on the market to the highest bidder? It could add a new dimension to the game.

I played a game called Motor City Online a ways back, it was a racing game but you could also build race cars or show cars to your own spec. Some players enjoyed just racing to win and gain money to purchase better parts or cars, others though just built amazing performing cars and sold them off as their niche in the game.

I find it an interesting twist to the game, but my ideas are usually torn up, thrown to the floor stomped on and then lit on fire as I am led back to my training yard where I take my frustrations out on my slaves by whipping them twice as hard for losing to gladiators ranked below them.

Nate
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey Kaos,

The idea of allowing players to sell their gladiators to other players was part of the original design but was dropped when streamlining things. It is still on the list of features to add in future expansions though so you may yet get your wish. :)

-Nate-

crow
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Nate,
Do you have timetable for when some of the expansions are going to come online? and what they will involve? last when are some of the upgrades going to unlock?

Nate
02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Nate,
Do you have timetable for when some of the expansions are going to come online? and what they will involve? last when are some of the upgrades going to unlock?

Hey Crow, Always the million dollar question from eager players! Yes, there is a timetable and as it draws nearer and is more solidified I'll make a post about it and what it will entail, anything sooner would be irresponsible on my part. :)

-Nate-

Team Kaos
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes, there is a timetable and as it draws nearer and is more solidified I'll make a post about it

There are only 2 things that are certain in life as we all know. Death and taxes...and only one of them has a timetable that is also certain.....and that's the one that has to do with money as we all know.

Lay off Nate...with the timetables. We don't want him turning in Rex Ryan throwing his guarantee's around all the time and not coming through with them.

Lunarion199
03-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Hi, May I suggest one thing: Can we somehow "lock" a gladiator (maybe password-protect etc.) from selling in Slave Market? Otherwise one will surely get frustrated when he accidentally happens to sell one of his finest gladiators rather than the poor-performing one.

Nate
03-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi, May I suggest one thing: Can we somehow "lock" a gladiator (maybe password-protect etc.) from selling in Slave Market? Otherwise one will surely get frustrated when he accidentally happens to sell one of his finest gladiators rather than the poor-performing one.

Thanks for the suggestion and welcome to Pit of War! When selling a gladiator there is a confirmation dialog to help prevent you from selling the wrong gladiator.

Good Luck in the Pit!

-Nate-