PDA

View Full Version : polearm offensive war

Ogrerulez
02-16-2013, 01:42 PM
I just need advice on some skills i have atm and skill i wana skill up for offensive pole arms war:

pole arms 10/10
iron jaw 9/10
grim determination 9/10
battle hardened 9/10
death from above 10/10
armour movement 10/10
light as feather 10/10

P.S-will go all 10/10

wanted to go:
called shot 10/10
devastating power 10/10
brute force 10/10

Prinny
02-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Not sure on how the skill works but you will probably want to get rid of Grim Determination and get Master of Arms or Never Say Die instead.

Master Of Arms will give you the opportunity to atleast have a decent weapon level if you ever get disarmed, most of my Pole Arm War Etna's losses have been due to getting disarmed and picking up something like a rapier or a 2 Handed axe.

Never Say Die I am still figuring out how to make it work each fight but the way I see it it makes an unbalanced fight where you are getting pummeled by the opposing gladiator balanced due to the fact your gladiator gets a portion of his health back, asfar as ive noticed the variation between health given back lies at a minimum of 450 health I guess for a normal war that doesn't have huge attribute points that can be helpfull in the skill (Strength and Stamina) but go as high as over 650 health with glads that have more points in this.

Another thing I noticed is that the higher your starting health is the higher the health given back becomes so I do believe that there is a base percentage of health given back based on your initial health which then gets an increase based on attribute points in Strength and Stamina although I have no solid base for this theory yet :P

~Prinny, off to Thailand for 3 weeks now so you will need further help from other war managers :P

Alba Kebab
02-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Unless you are planning on using a spear I wouldn't recommend going called shot, as the halberd is still a relatively heavy weapon and would probably benefit more from higher str and the more attack oriented rage skills, battle staff are sorta in the middle.

Cynaidh
02-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Might as well throw my 2 cents in :)

Since a pole arm is an agility weapon you should have a higher agility then str (that whole change that agility weapons now get their bonus damage from agility instead of str really devalues str for agility based weapons). So i'd be looking for agility based skills to complement that weapon. The problem with those rage skills is they don't take agility at all. So i would consider going either more into the theatrics tree or perhaps staying more in the war tree and being more defensive.

What i would look at it doing for a pole arm warrior would be something like one of these:

Heavy Armor more offensive:
10 pole arm, 10 Grim Determination, 10 battle hardened, 10 DFA, 10 Armour Movement, 10 Never Say Die, 10 Light As A Feather, 10 Create Distance, 10 Feint, 10 Called shot

Heavy Armor more defensive:
10 pole arm, 10 Grim Determination, 10 battle hardened, 10 DFA, 10 Armour Movement, 10 Never Say Die, 10 Light As A Feather, 10 Create Distance, 10 Intercepting Guard (it does say it works some without a shield, would have to use a parry-slash or parry-lunge most of the time to get use of this), 10 Armored Fortress

Medium Armor offensive:
10 pole arm, 10 battle hardened, 10 DFA, 10 Master of Arms, 10 Armour Movement, 10 Never Say Die, 10 Called Shot, 10 Feint, 10 GV, 10 Hamstring
(With this build i would swap out between swords and pole arm depending on the opponent)

Ogrerulez
02-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Well i was using Never say die skill but i unlearn it since it didnt work at all in 8/10 fights when i was on low hp and if i go offensive will create distance work?

Alba Kebab
02-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Create distance always works, as long as you are not too stupid or weak in strength. :p