PDA

View Full Version : Old injury surprise

Alba Kebab
02-16-2013, 01:34 AM
Maybe someone have already come across this. But since I didn't find any threads on it, or could remember if the answer has been mentioned before, I'm posting just to be sure.

Needless to say, this is one helluv surprise ending, again... Is this a working as intended surprise?

For those who need an explanation. Olga has no injuries, Dirty John is the one with old injuries.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hqqgqw.jpg

Cynaidh
02-16-2013, 04:07 AM
Yes Nate posted in a previous thread this is intended, that Surprise Ending is one of those supernatural abilities that well does crazy shit. I personally don't like the injury thing myself as i think it devalues keeping your glads healthy and injury free.

Here was my post and Nate's reply it was in that big bug thread for the big update:
Me --> Surprise Ending: if the attack was going to hit a person with an injury when the attack is bounced back it still does the + damage from injury even if the attacking glad has 0 injuries on them.

Nate's Response --> I'll take a look at the code as that skill was done awhile back but from the top of my head I believe surprise ending redirects everything that would have happened to the theatrics gladiator: base damage, injuries bonus damage, skill effects and all. It's one of the skills that border on the super natural.

Alba Kebab
02-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks Cyn, I thought I remember it has been asked before, just didn't find it.