PDA

View Full Version : Unlearn

Team Kaos
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Anyone else having difficulties trying to unlearn using the
Hold the 'u' key down & click on a skill to attempt to unlearn the skill using a training point. method?
Or is it not activated yet?

First time I am attempting using this feature.

Dainoji
02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Works for me. I hold down "u" and click. It rolls the chance at the top and shows me a green check or red X just like when training. If it works it decrements the green bar by one tick. If you are trying to unlearn a skill that has skills deeper in the tree that are dependent on those points it won't let you. Check the tool tip and see if you have this sentence.

Can not unlearn: Deeper skill(s) require these points.

Lunarion199
02-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Actually, I am having problem.. Arthas, using training points, can unlearn level10 skills (has done it once) but is unable to unlearn other skills (he has several level 2 and 3 skills for which the unlearn using trophies button is enabled) although he satisfies the unlearn requirements.

I'll take a guess and say that whatever skill you are trying to unlearn has skills deeper in the tree that are dependent on those points which is why you can't unlearn. If you don't think this to be the case then please let me know which gladiator you are talking about and what skill(s) you are trying to unlearn

Nate, could you kindly look into it? Detailed info below:

Gladiator: Arthas
Stable: The Moonguards
Trying to unlearn: Any weapon skill except for axes/maces
Allocated skill points: 100/100
Deeper skill dependency requirements: Satisfied
Spare training points to unlearn: Available from time to time.

Thanks

Cynaidh
02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Arthas's problem is he has points in Armoured Fortress.

Armoured Fortress requires 90 points in PREVIOUS war tiers.

So if you unlearned one of those weapon skill points you'd have 89 points in previous tiers (the points in Armoured Fortress itself don't count to the 90 points). So the only way to unlock those points will be to unlearn Armoured Fortress completely.

Personally i liked it how it was before without all this previous tier stuff, now its too easy to lock yourself into points you didn't mean to keep.

Lunarion199
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Nah, there are no unsatisfied skill dependency requirements and unlearn using trophies buttons are enabled. Again, he is able to unlearn level 10 skills but not level 1 to 9 skills. Every tier is satisfying the unlearn requirements.

Arthas has 91 skills before tier5 and 9 skills in tier 5 itself. He is not even able to unlearn armoured fortress.

Cynaidh
02-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Oh your right, i miss counted, there is 91 in teir 4 and lower. Any you should always be able to unlearn Armored Fortress for sure. Guess Nate has work to do. :)

Team Kaos
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
No deeper skills in this case, I am trying to unlearn a tier 1 in Theatrics for Moon Child who is a War. He has no tier 2 or 3 skills in Theatrics so I see no reason to be having the problem.

Nate
02-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Nate, could you kindly look into it? Detailed info below:

Gladiator: Arthas
Stable: The Moonguards
Trying to unlearn: Any weapon skill except for axes/maces
Allocated skill points: 100/100
Deeper skill dependency requirements: Satisfied
Spare training points to unlearn: Available from time to time.

This should work for you now, however, given your current build you'll only be able to unlearn one point in a weapon skill and then you'll need to back out all your trains in AF before you can unlearn anything else.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
No deeper skills in this case, I am trying to unlearn a tier 1 in Theatrics for Moon Child who is a War. He has no tier 2 or 3 skills in Theatrics so I see no reason to be having the problem.

Give it a try now and let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Lunarion199
02-12-2013, 04:10 AM
This should work for you now, however, given your current build you'll only be able to unlearn one point in a weapon skill and then you'll need to back out all your trains in AF before you can unlearn anything else.

Thanks, unlearn is working fine now..

btw Arthas won't need to back out all of AF. He has unlearnt one weapon skill point and is learning DFA currently. When it goes from level 2 to 3 his tier1to4 skill count will be 91 again and he will unlearn another level2 weapon skill and learn DFA from level 3 to 4. This chain will always keep the tier1to4 skill count to either 90 or 91 and never below that; also satisfying the unlearn requirement for all tiers at all times. When he unlearns all redundent level 2-3 weapon skills and brings few other skills to level 10 he will re-learn AF to level 10 which is presently level 9 + 90% to next rank. That was the plan since respec :D Lacking enough training points to raise 10 skills to level 10 each at the time of respec, he got that premium tier5 AF skill maxed first and is now relaxed raising the reletively less important skills for him to level 8 or 10.

Arthas has to do everything quickly though.. he is now just a couple hundred wins away from his retirement and is still much incomplete in build; still in blue gear and the other Primus glads are currently eating him alive...:( Without unlearn ability, retirement would never be possible for him. He thanks you from the bottom of his heart.

And he is liking the 'Deeper Skill Requirements' restriction as it is making the game very much fun and challenging to plan out now...

Edit: Can't believe today Arthas (Primus 103) defeated Primus 28 in arena.. God just few weeks more to keep his record now.. Need to raise my favorite create distance sooon..

Nate are you possibly planning of another respec?

Just kidding :)

Team Kaos
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Same here, working like a charm now.