PDA

View Full Version : End Game?

Arkham
02-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I love starting new gladiators. Ad I love my existing gladiators. It is a long time until I retire them. I have available my 5th stable slot in case a young, star crossed super slave should appear in the market, and encourage me to log into Paypal again...

But one day, I'll have all 5 positions filled and they will have been fighting and losing to Laphroaig, Moon Child, and Power Slave like everyone else.

Is there a plan for 'retirement'? Cash in that sweet gear for trophies, record your gladiator in the great book as freed men and start shopping for the next great strategy?

Warmonger
02-19-2011, 09:06 AM
That would be nice. I just retired my original gladiator Bloodbath because he couldn't win at the top anymore and I really liked one I saw become available at the slave market. It was a tough decision but he just was losing so much. It's too bad it doesn't keep any record of them but it was his time to go. I'm on the fence about Meric going next but I'd like to give him a shot at the 5th tier skills before I do so.

Blackwill
02-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd hold onto Meric a bit longer. He's still got some good fights in him. I know....because I felt the hits today.

Nate
02-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I love starting new gladiators. Ad I love my existing gladiators. It is a long time until I retire them. I have available my 5th stable slot in case a young, star crossed super slave should appear in the market, and encourage me to log into Paypal again...

But one day, I'll have all 5 positions filled and they will have been fighting and losing to Laphroaig, Moon Child, and Power Slave like everyone else.

Is there a plan for 'retirement'? Cash in that sweet gear for trophies, record your gladiator in the great book as freed men and start shopping for the next great strategy?

There will be the ability to retire a gladiator once he reaches a certain level (much higher than gladiators are now). Upon retiring him he'll go into your "Hall of Heroes" or some such name where his name and record and possibly a few other bits of information will be recorded and you will receive a reward for his retirement.

If you would like to retire him before the option to retire him is available, the Slave Masters are always looking for flesh for sale at the Slave Market!

-Nate-

Dainoji
02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
How about being able to retire your gladiator and then converting him into one of your trainers or some position at your stable? Maybe this could offer some small boost to future activities or something. For example maybe after you retire 5 war gladiators all your future war gladiators get some kind of bonus. Something like that might be cool, but it couldn't be too powerful otherwise the old and powerful stables would just keep getting older and more powerful! I'm sure you can think of something, but I'd still be happy with just the hall of champions. :)

Arkham
02-26-2011, 04:10 PM
That is a fine idea. You could even make it career specific. If you retire a Rage warrior, a new skill opens up or some such, etc.

How about being able to retire your gladiator and then converting him into one of your trainers or some position at your stable? Maybe this could offer some small boost to future activities or something. For example maybe after you retire 5 war gladiators all your future war gladiators get some kind of bonus. Something like that might be cool, but it couldn't be too powerful otherwise the old and powerful stables would just keep getting older and more powerful! I'm sure you can think of something, but I'd still be happy with just the hall of champions. :)