PDA

View Full Version : Seasons

Nate
02-08-2013, 07:24 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

I know everyone is always excited to know what new things are being developed in the Great Realm, and one exciting new feature will be Seasons.

What are Seasons?

That's a great question, I'm glad you asked! To start, I'll just give you a brief overview of what Seasons will be and more fine grained details will come later. Seasons will involve a new bracket above Primus where qualifying gladiators will be promoted to. Once in this new bracket gladiators will compete in 2-3 month long tournaments. A separate record will be kept for each Season (the overall record will still be updated so you can see your gladiators' overall record but it will not be used for the Seasons) and when the next Season starts all Season records will reset and gladiators will start competing again from scratch.

Each fight earns points (winners getting more) and those points can then be used towards buying special Seasonal gear and prizes not available among the Blacksmith's regular wares. The top gladiators in each Season will likewise get additional prizes, titles and achievements.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
02-08-2013, 07:45 AM
I have been waiting a long time for something like this to pop up :)

Cynaidh
02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Yup been looking forward to this since you told us about the idea in the chats.

Is this going to be before or after conquests?

Prinny
02-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Oooh Precious Priceys <3

Narol
02-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Sounds great !

Sotc
02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Awesome. Sounds like there will be some shakeup in Primus ranking as people take their glads to Seasons.

Nate
02-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Yup been looking forward to this since you told us about the idea in the chats.

Is this going to be before or after conquests?

I'm actually planning it out right now to see how involved it will be. I hate to put Conquests on hold again, but I think Seasons will be much quicker to implement and help the end game out a lot. Conquests I think will be a huge draw for all levels of play and if it comes out a week or two later I don't think it will matter since we've already waited this long. :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

AngryVermin
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
What the hell have u guys been clicking on!!! - I see game banners here for
http://cdn3.cpmstar.com/cached/creatives/244584/728x90.jpg
and
http://cdn3.cpmstar.com/cached/creatives/225882/300.jpg

Well - all the better for Nate, he certainly won't lose me to those.

Cheers - Go Seasons! Get those monsters out of Primus!

Nate
02-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you a quick update on my progress. Most of the heavy lifting is done for Seasons and now I'm looking for bugs and anything that was overlooked. If things go well we might see Seasons implemented very soon. For those of you interested in some more info on seasons please see below.

When Seasons are ready the top 25 or so gladiators in Primus will be promoted to a new bracket named "Blood Gods". The old Blood Gods bracket is going to be renamed Blood Lords (along with all titles and achievements). Then each week gladiators who meet the Blood Gods criteria will be promoted. The criteria isn't set in stone but it will likely involve being in the top 10 and having above a certain number of ranking points.

As mentioned before, once a gladiator is promoted to a Blood God they will no longer fight in the "regular" arena. Their overall record will still be updated, but a new record that gets reset at the start of each season will be the one displayed on the ranking page. Blood Gods will also have a new system to rank them. The system is based on a rating system originally designed to rank chess players and is now widely used in many sports and video games. The name of the system is called the Elo Rating System and you can find more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

The short version is all gladiators have a rating and when matched up against another gladiator the number of points they win or lose is dependent on each gladiator's rating. If two gladiators have the same rating the winner will win X points and the loser will lose X points. If gladiator A has a higher rating then B and wins the amount of points won and lost will be less since it is expected that gladiator A should win. Had gladiator B (the underdog) won, the amount of points won and lost would be greater since gladiator B should not have won. Gladiators coming into the Season late will still be able to raise in the ranks since the system doesn't solely revolve around number of fights but more around who they defeat and lose to in those fights.

Once a week gladiators will be awarded with Blood God Points (BGP). The amount awarded is based on their rating with higher rated gladiators being awarded more. In order to receive all the points their rating affords them though they will have to win X fights that week. Gladiators failing to win X fights will receive less BGP than they otherwise would have. BGP will then be used to buy special gear only available to Blood Gods.

It's possible Seasons will start before the new gear is ready which won't be a problem since it will take some time to earn enough BGP to buy the gear anyway. I'd expect the new gear to be available shortly after Seasons start though. Regarding the Season gear, each Season new gear will be created and previous Seasons' gear will be discounted, possibly even finding its way into the regular arena.

My goal is to get the top gladiators into a more competitive, fun and rewarding cyclical tournament format as soon as possible so I can then devote all my time to finishing up conquests. As always expect Seasons to roll-out and then we'll fine tune it as we go if need be.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Apoca1ypse
02-21-2013, 02:50 AM
I have been waiting so long for an elo ranking system. this pleases me greatly :D

let the real competition begin!

Cynaidh
02-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Nate this still sounds amazing, the Elo system sounds much better then the current top 10 solution in primus! I have a few questions. :)

As mentioned before, once a gladiator is promoted to a Blood God they will no longer fight in the "regular" arena.

Does this include the blood games?

In order to receive all the points their rating affords them though they will have to win X fights that week.

Are we still looking at 4 fights per day or 8 if you have the stable membership in this arena? Needless to say its easier to get X wins per week if you have 8 fights per day rather then 4.

Season gear

First question about Season gear:

Where does season gear fall into the current gear rankings?

Right now we have:
grey<white<green<blue<purple<orange

I'd guess it will be one of these 3 for season 1 gear:

1. grey<white<green<blue<purple<season 1 gear<orange
2. grey<white<green<blue<purple<season 1 gear=orange
3. grey<white<green<blue<purple<orange<season 1 gear

Could you share some light if one of those is correct. :)

Season gear

Second question about Season gear:

Will season gear using the current blacksmith system to show us whats available, 16 items at a time, 1 trophie to see a new set of items?

I am hoping the answer is no to this one and we will be able to see the full list of items available and then can pick which one we are going to buy with our points. I personally think this will lead to a more even and competative arena as each manager will not have to rely on luck for the correct item to come up once they have points to spend. This will allow managers to plan out their gear selections and stop sitations like this from happening: "Oh man you had the 2h hammer of greatness show up today? I haven't seen that yet after 300 refreshes this game hates me, it sucks".

Regarding the Season gear, each Season new gear will be created and previous Seasons' gear will be discounted, possibly even finding its way into the regular arena.

I have kind of a long winded question on this one. I understand the purpose of this, the "carrot on the end of the stick" gets a little bigger each season so that people stay interested and have to continue fighting their glads to stay competitive. Makes total sense and we have seen this system in various games, since i now we are all familiar with World of Warcraft (well a lot of us are) and their Arena PVP system which is on Season 12 is similar in concept (at least it seems to be kinda ironic that they even have "Seasons") you get arena points per fight and you can use them to buy arena gear, you can buy the current seasons gear and the previous seasons gear, gear older then that is available to buy by non-arena people with regular pvp points (so it has the same trickle down effect, non-arena players can gear up in in season 10 gear before they even start doing arena pvp to be somewhat competitive when they first start the arena). Now this seems quite similar to what your going to do, and the only question I have about is about how do you think "Stat Inflation" will effect Pit of War and do you think it will be a long term issue. What i mean by "Stat Inflation" is that right now a good purple breast plate might have stats such as 12 str 7 agil 7 chi 7 pres, so for a BGP item to be "better" we would expect higher stats so maybe we will see a breast plate in season 1 with 15 str 10 agil 10 chi 10 pres, which is a nice increase and could be cause to buy this armor with your BGP points. But now lets fast forward to season 10, so now the stats on the breast plates have been increasing enough so that each season its a worthy expenditure of your BGP to buy the new version of the same item, so now the bp being sold has 55 str, 50 agil, 30 chi, 30 pres and 10% chance for ZeroEleven to jump out and start helping you in the fight each time your hit. This is "Stat Inflation" and it leads to where having 200 str right now is an amazing hard to reach goal, in the future in season 10 glads are running around with over 500 str. It also leads to the only important stats are the ones that gear can not increase which would be size and luck for our glads(currently anyways). I am just curious if you think this will become an issue in the pits.

That's all i have for now. :)

Nate
02-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Nate this still sounds amazing, the Elo system sounds much better then the current top 10 solution in primus! I have a few questions. http://forum.pitofwar.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Glad you think so. http://forum.pitofwar.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Does this include the blood games?

Not sure yet. It's possible Blood Gods will eventually get their own Blood Games. I think for now nothing will change.

Are we still looking at 4 fights per day or 8 if you have the stable membership in this arena? Needless to say its easier to get X wins per week if you have 8 fights per day rather then 4.

Fight tokens will work the same. A win is a win whether you initiated the fight or not so it isn't dependant on just your activity.

First question about Season gear:

Where does season gear fall into the current gear rankings?

Right now we have:
grey<white<green<blue<purple<orange

I'd guess it will be one of these 3 for season 1 gear:

1. grey<white<green<blue<purple<season 1 gear<orange
2. grey<white<green<blue<purple<season 1 gear=orange
3. grey<white<green<blue<purple<orange<season 1 gear

Could you share some light if one of those is correct. http://forum.pitofwar.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Yes.

Second question about Season gear:

Will season gear using the current blacksmith system to show us whats available, 16 items at a time, 1 trophie to see a new set of items?

I am hoping the answer is no to this one and we will be able to see the full list of items available and then can pick which one we are going to buy with our points. I personally think this will lead to a more even and competative arena as each manager will not have to rely on luck for the correct item to come up once they have points to spend. This will allow managers to plan out their gear selections and stop sitations like this from happening: "Oh man you had the 2h hammer of greatness show up today? I haven't seen that yet after 300 refreshes this game hates me, it sucks".

I don't foresee a change on how the Blacksmith works in the near future. Cycling for a trophy and allowing items to be purchased with trophies, gold or points will stay. It's a good system that allows eveyone access to everything and gives those who want it the convienience of seeing more items sooner without preventing anyone from getting those same items.

I have kind of a long winded question on this one. I understand the purpose of this, the "carrot on the end of the stick" gets a little bigger each season so that people stay interested and have to continue fighting their glads to stay competitive. Makes total sense and we have seen this system in various games, since i now we are all familiar with World of Warcraft (well a lot of us are) and their Arena PVP system which is on Season 12 is similar in concept (at least it seems to be kinda ironic that they even have "Seasons") you get arena points per fight and you can use them to buy arena gear, you can buy the current seasons gear and the previous seasons gear, gear older then that is available to buy by non-arena people with regular pvp points (so it has the same trickle down effect, non-arena players can gear up in in season 10 gear before they even start doing arena pvp to be somewhat competitive when they first start the arena). Now this seems quite similar to what your going to do, and the only question I have about is about how do you think "Stat Inflation" will effect Pit of War and do you think it will be a long term issue. What i mean by "Stat Inflation" is that right now a good purple breast plate might have stats such as 12 str 7 agil 7 chi 7 pres, so for a BGP item to be "better" we would expect higher stats so maybe we will see a breast plate in season 1 with 15 str 10 agil 10 chi 10 pres, which is a nice increase and could be cause to buy this armor with your BGP points. But now lets fast forward to season 10, so now the stats on the breast plates have been increasing enough so that each season its a worthy expenditure of your BGP to buy the new version of the same item, so now the bp being sold has 55 str, 50 agil, 30 chi, 30 pres and 10% chance for ZeroEleven to jump out and start helping you in the fight each time your hit. This is "Stat Inflation" and it leads to where having 200 str right now is an amazing hard to reach goal, in the future in season 10 glads are running around with over 500 str. It also leads to the only important stats are the ones that gear can not increase which would be size and luck for our glads(currently anyways). I am just curious if you think this will become an issue in the pits.

Time will tell! As always I'll do my best to balance everything and keep it fun. http://forum.pitofwar.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
02-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Yes.

Damn me and my not specific enough questions....

Lunarion199
02-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Ask again :)

Dainoji
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
This sounds very cool Nate, any update as to when this will be ready?

Nate
03-02-2013, 07:46 PM
This sounds very cool Nate, any update as to when this will be ready?

I'm getting pretty close to having enough finished to where we can go live with it. The plan for now is to probably take the top 30-40 gladiators from Primus as the first gladiators to enter the new Blood Gods bracket and begin the Season. If no major roadblocks come up I could see this happening very soon.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

AngryVermin
03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Will seasons gear only be wearable by people in seasons?

Will seasons gear expire - or get worse with damage - so that it cannot be used forever?

Nate
03-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Will seasons gear only be wearable by people in seasons?

Will seasons gear expire - or get worse with damage - so that it cannot be used forever?

Season gear will be available soon and all questions will be answered! :)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
03-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Greetings Pit Masters!

I hope many of you are enjoying the most recent update introducing Seasons. As many of you know I always try and listen to player feedback and incorporate as many of your suggestions as possible that fit with the theme and vision of the game. Thus far I've received many messages thanking me for Seasons and in general there has been a good vibe surrounding it. Some players have been concerned that some of their gladiator(s) were promoted before they were ready and one of the ideas I've been toying with is related to a suggestion put forward by Apoc and I wanted to throw it out there to the PoW community and get your feedback.

What do you think about each week the bottom X% of gladiators in Seasons get demoted back into Primus where they can hone their skills once again and work their way back into the Blood Gods bracket? They would keep whatever BGP they've earned and any gear they've attained but would no longer compete in Seasons until promoted again. Once promoted again their record would be reset and they would start back with a 1000 Rating. This is just an idea that could be interesting, it isn't something I am planning to do yet but wanted to hear your thoughts.

I always try to make this as much *your* game as it is mine.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
03-10-2013, 06:06 AM
What do you think about each week the bottom X% of gladiators in Seasons get demoted back into Primus where they can hone their skills once again and work their way back into the Blood Gods bracket? They would keep whatever BGP they've earned and any gear they've attained but would no longer compete in Seasons until promoted again. Once promoted again their record would be reset and they would start back with a 1000 Rating. This is just an idea that could be interesting, it isn't something I am planning to do yet but wanted to hear your thoughts.

I personally like the concept of having a way for managers to decide if their glad is ready for seasons or not. Yet at the same time I don't know how i feel about the bottom % being removed automatically for a couple of reasons. First maybe the manager doesn't want to have his glad demoted, he wants the challenge or at least he wants the BGP points you get even if you loose every match for the gear. Second it makes it so that if you want to leave Blood Gods you need to make your glad lose to get into the bottom of the ranks and in what ever percent it is that gets lowered to the Normal Arena, this will give other glads in the blood games free wins as these glads that want to leave are throwing every match to get lower and lower in the rankings. This would effect other managers experience in the Blood Gods which I don't think would be a good thing.

My opinion is rather then doing that, make the invites work kinda how the Blood Games invites work, you get a message saying "<Glad's name here> has been invited to the Blood Gods please accept on the Overview page." Then put a link like so on the overview page:

http://i48.tinypic.com/20aw9zk.png

Now the manager can pick to join the Blood Gods or just wait till the glad is ready. If the manager picks join then the glad will join the Blood Gods on the next weekly invite/points day (this also gives the manager some time to decide if they want to put the glad in the Blood Gods or not).

For leaving the Blood Gods just the same thing in reverse, add a link to the overview page under the Blood God info to "Return to Normal Arena" if a manager clicks this for their gladiator then they will be returned to the normal arena on the next weekly invite/points day. The Arena managers would keep the gladiators Blood God points for that week as a fee to return them to the Normal Arena (small cost so people don't flip flop all the time). And same as the other system the glad would keep all Blood Gods gear and previously earned points (if any). Also the "Return to Normal Arena" link would change to "Stay in Blood Gods", so if a manager hits the "Return to Normal Arena" in a fit of rage or something they have a way to change their mind and stay in Blood Gods as long as they do it before the next weekly invite/points day.

Nate
03-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the suggetion Cyn, I appreciate it. The ability for a player to decide to join or leave won't be happening in the foreseeable future for a number of reasons though I think. One major reason is there will always be that one guy who decides he's going to just stick around in Primus and bully everyone and ruin the experience for all involved. The same holds true for the player who demotes his gladiator(s) for a similar reason. The second one is even worse because he could be "fully loaded" with gear. This is the Internet we're dealing with, remember? ;) We already have players trying to "slow level" or "just do tavern fights" in an attempt to game the system. It won't be any different at the top. We gamers are a crafty bunch as you already know.

The idea of removing the bottom X% is not that dissimilar to how many European soccer leagues do things. Bottom teams get demoted for not performing well giving them a chance to rebuild and see what they were doing wrong against weaker competition and top teams get promoted to see if they can continue to climb against stronger opponents.

One of my main jobs it to balance freedom, flexibility and fun vs cheating, exploitation, and trolls. It's a tough job! ;)

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cynaidh
03-10-2013, 06:55 AM
This is the Internet we're dealing with, remember? ;)

That is true, I always forget about that since there is currently such a great group of players in this game.

Nate
03-10-2013, 07:06 AM
That is true, I always forget about that since there is currently such a great group of players in this game.

And I give praise to the divine Blood Gods for that! :)

The way things are set up now without rotating in and out is still pretty solid I think. If a gladiator gets promoted "too early" they'll struggle a bit in that season but then they'll get a clean slate in the next season and be all the more ready. Kind of like failing a class in college and then getting an A the next semester because you're more prepared and have a head start.

Apoca1ypse
03-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I'm very much enjoying seasons. Just putting it out there :)

Sotc
03-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Currently, since the BG population is so small, newer glads may have a rough time since they are more likely to be matched up with a top manager's glad. However, as BG grows larger I think it will be a less harsh experience for non-hol/unprepared etc. glads since they will have less chance of such a matchup. I think that leaving the system as it is, letting the BG population grow week by week, will remedy this situation better than cycling out the poor performers.

Alba Kebab
03-10-2013, 05:26 PM

This idea I like. You have my vote on this.

Edit removed. meh.

Apoca1ypse
03-18-2013, 07:51 AM
I've noticed that 5 glads in blood gods have already been sold off. I must say, it isnt fun seeing Blarg and Arg flounder so badly in the BGs, and I kinda wish they were back in primus.

Once we see season gear, things may change and the incentive to at least stay in BGs for gear is there.... but everyone else will be tooled up too, making it still a case of being in the lower ranks...

hmmmm

HipsterD
04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I think the idea to drop the lowest ranked glad(s), so they can lick their wounds is great. It gets really old being at the bottom all day every day. Can't start anew since my hol doesn't have 55% w/l anymore. Next best thing is to retire the slot, just not fight the glad...not exactly what I want to do. I don't think the relegation needs to happen every week, maybe once a month 2 worst glads drop down.

Team Kaos
04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now. What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games now other then the elite fighters equipping in Blood God equipment and becoming even more lopsided in the arena vs the lower half of fighters?

Of the top 25 spots in Blood Gods, there are the same 20 fighters in the top 25 in the Blood Games. The only thing Blood Gods tier is doing is raising the top glads higher and beating the 2nd half into oblivion.
I think it is pretty reasonable to suggest that the 2nd half of Blood Gods will never ever climb to the top being that they are being outdistanced in equipment now. With Legendary gear being available and pretty insane.

7 of the top 10 in the Blood Games are in the top 10 of Blood Gods.

It just seems redundant, outside of an expected few positions changes, the same glads are in basically the same positions in both arena's. It's great if your in the top 15, but other then that, your just punching bag for the top 15 while you watch the 16-41 so called "Blood God" fall well below a .50% mark overall.

This leads up to what? Another even smaller tier for the God's of the Blood Gods.

Kreegan
04-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I find the whole idea rather redundant to be honest, it was rather clear from the beginning that Blood Gods will be Blood Games v.2. There's a positive effect though - the gladiators who can not compete with the super-HoLs equipped with uber-gear and overloaded with achievements can stay in Primus, keep their performance adequate and win more gold than they would otherwise. I'm fine with that. Going to Blood Gods without a super-gladiator is pointless for the same reason as going to the Blood Games without such - you are very unlikely to win something more than injuries.

Pit Lord
04-24-2013, 12:15 AM
I will be happy to see the rating gear with + stats removed and replaced with some shining gear (colored) or some nice title.
Can't see a reason to make the strongest even more stronger and separated from the rest.
Examples:
-you play chess and win a game then you start the next game with +1 pawn;
-in team game the winning team start next game with +1 player;
-in a race the winner start next race with +20hp; (I agree this was not very good example);
To me this doesn't make sense.
The BG points gear is ok since everyone will eventually have it just a bit slower for lower ranks.
I think no matter the ladder format we will find the top ladder gladiators performing well in the Blood Games. This is expected.
Reaching and participating in the BG bracket is an achievement by itself. Its something like the gladiator becomes a grandmaster while the regular masters are in Primus.

Cynaidh
04-24-2013, 04:21 AM
So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now. What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games now other then the elite fighters equipping in Blood God equipment and becoming even more lopsided in the arena vs the lower half of fighters?

Of the top 25 spots in Blood Gods, there are the same 20 fighters in the top 25 in the Blood Games. The only thing Blood Gods tier is doing is raising the top glads higher and beating the 2nd half into oblivion.
I think it is pretty reasonable to suggest that the 2nd half of Blood Gods will never ever climb to the top being that they are being outdistanced in equipment now. With Legendary gear being available and pretty insane.

7 of the top 10 in the Blood Games are in the top 10 of Blood Gods.

It just seems redundant, outside of an expected few positions changes, the same glads are in basically the same positions in both arena's. It's great if your in the top 15, but other then that, your just punching bag for the top 15 while you watch the 16-41 so called "Blood God" fall well below a .50% mark overall.

This leads up to what? Another even smaller tier for the God's of the Blood Gods.

I agree totally.

When blood gods was first announced in the chat and it was talked about I really thought it was going to be more different from the regular arena then it currently is. I really didn't think blood gods would be able to fight in the blood games as they have ascended and are now above the concerns of mortal men. If anything the blood games is a tribute to the blood gods themselves. In that line of thinking i expected the blood games to be primus and below gladiators only, and the prize to be toned down a bit, in fact what i would do for the prize is allow the winner to select one purple item from the BGP store of their choice, kinda of like how the HOL slave works, they could take multiple days to pick it or use trophies to refresh if they wanted.

If anything i think Nate could have taken the blood gods even farther and separated it from the normal arena even more with things like:
- All injuries are auto healed at the end of fights... they are gods after all
- Armor repairs costs 0 for Blood Gods... who would dare charge a god
- Blood God fights do not reward gold just experience and a few BGP points... again the point is they are above mortal concerns such as gold, i do think we should get some BGP points per fight to promote doing all your fights per day and extra if you can
- Blood Gods are no longer part of a stable but rather are from a stable, they will fight former stablemates in the blood god arena... no one manages a god
- I am sure there are more things that could be done but you get the point.

Things like that to make the blood gods even more different the normal arena.

Team Kaos
04-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Agreed, but Blood God's is not a choice, nor can you challenge or avoid specific specialties. Indeed it is built for the Super Glads (Blood Gods) and that is a good thing, but those that fall somewhere between really good Primus and not so good Blood God, really get the short end.

Perhaps Blood Gods is to big, seems that there are truly only 15-20 super glads all the others after the 20 spot would be great Primus fighters but that's about it. No reason to destroy a great Primus fighter just for the top Blood Gods have a punching bag every day.

Nate
04-24-2013, 09:42 PM
I really didn't think blood gods would be able to fight in the blood games as they have ascended and are now above the concerns of mortal men]

"Blood Gods" is the name of a bracket not a promotion into immortality. The name reflects an honorific title bestowed upon the best in the arena paying homage to the true Blood Gods.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-24-2013, 09:44 PM
So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now

Actually we're just shy of 2 months. The season started on the 5th of March.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-24-2013, 09:48 PM

All gladiators in Blood Gods earn BGP and will in time be outtfitted in top purple Season gear, those gladaitors who perform better will get their gear sooner. Only the very best will ever get legendary items via BGP but even those currently with legendary items don't dominate the arena.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback and discussion. As always, if at any time you have well thought out ideas and suggestions please feel free to add them to the suggestions forums and in time you might find it makes its way into the game!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

HipsterD
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Also agree. I was hoping for something closer to a tournament format. Along with having your glad promoted, the stable of origin could be rewarded with a replacement slot...could potentially help keep the rest of the ranks filled with emerging glads. Preferably one of the HOL replacement slaves:)

Nate
04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games

The Blood Games are a month long tournament where you know your opponent ahead of time each day where you can then research them and modify your strategy if you so choose to increase your chance of winning.

The Blood Gods bracket is the top bracket in the arena where 3 month long seasons take place in a round robin tournament format and gladiators earn BGP for their success and have access to premium gear not available to others. Records are reset each season and new gear introduced periodically. Eventually, Blood Gods achievements will be introduced with some tied to conquests (i.e. only those with achievement X will have access to a dungeon, etc.)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-