PDA

View Full Version : Unlearning & New Rankings for the Hall of Legends

Nate
02-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Greetings Pit Masters!

In the next day or two I'll be rolling out a new update. In this update the ability to unlearn skills will be re-enabled along with the ability to do a full re-respec for gladiators who had to do a respec a few weeks ago. Those gladiators will have until 11 Feb 2013 12:01am PST to take advantage of this 2nd respec if you as their Master would like to. Along with the re-enabling of unlearning, gladiators will now be able to use training points as well to unlearn and it will work in much the same way as learning only in reverse. For now, when unlearning, prerequisites on skills will be enforced and the wording of the requirements will be changed to reflect what is intended. For example, if a skill in tier 4 requires the points of a skill in tier 3, the tier 3 skill can not be unlearned. If you want to unlearn the tier 3 skill you will first need to unlearn the tier 4 skill.

The Hall of Legends will be updated with a new sorting algorithm that uses the gladiators' Achievement Points as the measure of their Legendary status. Achievements such as champion titles and undisputed champion titles are weighted heavier as are Primus and Blood Games Achievements.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Cynaidh
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Nice! Looking forward to this! Great looking update Nate!

Will be nice to see 011 get back in form again!

Prinny
02-04-2013, 09:54 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2r7tykh.jpg

Lunarion199
02-04-2013, 10:11 AM
- Thanks so much Nate. I am sure the game will be much more replayable now with a greter shelf life due to the new unlearning system.
- I guess literally everyone is going to make use of the second respec.. thanks for that too.

- Regarding the use of achievement points in the entry of Hall of Legends: I have observed few of my glads progressed too quickly. For example, they entered champion/legend brackets while in early 20s of level with win/loss records like 100-6-15 etc and never got the time to complete achievements like 'amateur champion', 'elite throne' or 'undisputed elite champion' etc. How would this be accounted for?
- If we want tier5 skill to level 10 and then to go hybrid, it won't be possible with the new unlearn requirements. Was this intended so?

Regards

Sotc
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks for your hard work Nate! Really looking forward to this.

Apoca1ypse
02-04-2013, 03:06 PM
this pleases me

Narol
02-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Great job, Nate, thanks so much ! You really listen to your fanbase, it's hearthwarming !!

sevenseas
02-08-2013, 03:31 PM
I can't unlearn using my training points...I hold down U and click but nothing happens....i have 60 skill trains in rage trying to unlearn a tier 2 rage skill a few points at a time to raise a tier 4 rage skill...i should have no prerequisite problems. Anything i'm missing?

Nate
02-08-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't unlearn using my training points...I hold down U and click but nothing happens....i have 60 skill trains in rage trying to unlearn a tier 2 rage skill a few points at a time to raise a tier 4 rage skill...i should have no prerequisite problems. Anything i'm missing?

I can't really say what the issue might be without more information. I'll take a guess and say that whatever skill you are trying to unlearn has skills deeper in the tree that are dependent on those points which is why you can't unlearn. If you don't think this to be the case then please let me know which gladiator you are talking about and what skill(s) you are trying to unlearn so I have a better understanding of the situation.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-