PDA

View Full Version : So how does Armored Fortress work?

Jelle
02-01-2013, 01:47 AM
Like it says in the title, I'm trying to figure out how the tier6 warrior skill works.
I was planning on trying it out on a slave who is still leveling up however this will be some time before I can get to it, and I'd like to start planning for the future sooner rather then later.
So to anyone who's been able to try the skill out, just what exactly does it do?

More specificly the most important matter here is wether the increased endurance consumption for enemy blows only effects actual hits or wether it applies to blocked or missed attacks as well.
Furthermore the tooltip is a little vague after the increased armor protection part. I assume blocking and deflecting more attacks refers to absorbing more blows due to the increased protection, or does it genuinly give increased chance to block and dodge attacks, ergo more defense?

To summarize what I would think it does
-Increased protect from all armor worn
-All hits landed on the glad burn additional endurance for the enemy
And what I'm wondering it does
?Increased chance to block and deflect
?All hits that fail to hit the mark on the glad burn additional endurance for the enemy

Reason I'm trying to figure it out is wether armored fortress is good for a shield set up at all, or wether it's best for a war that relies entirely on armor to keep himself alive. If it only has the first two I suppose it's good for a meatshield dualwield/two hand war but no good for a shield user.

Prinny
02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
This topic makes me a sad sad panda...:(
Ofcourse it's a good skill and I think it's a must have for any def war.

Increased armour protection: Speaks for itself, Heavy armour carried gets even better
Increased chance to block and deflect: You parry more attacks so you get hit less
all hits your gladiator receives will remove a portion of the opponent's endurance.: Any attack you get hit with burns your opponents endurance which shortens the fight...how much clearer can it be?

In addition to the burning of endurance, the lower your endurance gets the less attacks you pull. Belca with a 2Hander does 1 attack each 4-5 rounds running 10-10 when his endurance is halved while at full endurance its once a round...