PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Affinity

Dainoji
02-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone finding that their gladiators have a special affinity towards a particular weapon?

Team Kaos
02-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Due that I don't swap weapon types due to skill level I could not say.

Dainoji
02-16-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm not talking different weapon types, that would be bad design since most aren't going to pick up an axe if they have trains in blades. I'm talking like a bastard sword over a dagger, you know weapons within the same type.

Blackwill
02-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Regret has done better with the Halberd than any of my other fighters. Pole Arms are modified by Intellect, Agility and Stamina, and Regret has pretty good levels in all 3 (nothing less than 70). I tried using a Pole Arm with one of my high Strength fighters, and he didn't do so well at the same skill level. So, I think that there is probably a natural "affinity" for each weapon type, based on the fighters attribute level in the weapon's required modifiers. High strength, high Stamina fighters will *probably* always do better with Axes/Maces and Two-Handers than they will with Swords and Polearms.

Blackwill
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Never mind....I misunderstood the question.

For my fighters, if I have a choice between a Bastard Sword and a Gladius, let's say, I'm usually going to choose the Gladius due to the weapon Speed, unless the Bastard Swords offers up a ton more damage or mods. I haven't noticed any "affinity" from the gladiators themselves.

As for having trains in multiple weapon styles being "bad design", I couldn't disagree more. A gladiator trained in multiple weapons has...you guessed it...multiple choices. If I pick up or find for sale a kick-ass weapon, I'd like to be able to use it. I'm not a huge fan of clicking that "New Items" button, the way some managers are :) I work for my money....

Dainoji
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I wasn't implying having multiple weapon skills is bad design, I was implying if weapon affinity does exist then that would be bad design to have that AND multiple weapon types because what if you choose to train in Blades and your affinity was Pole Arms? You are screwed and don't get whatever bonuses would have happened.

We all work hard for our money Blackwill, If you need 50 pieces of easily gotten free currency next time you are at the blacksmith, let me know I'm sure all the managers would be willing to take up a collection on your behalf. ;)

Team Kaos
02-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I have seen varying results depending on the weapon choice, but all seem in line of what they seem the should be. Light hitting weapons usually offer more speed but don't do all to much damage, while the heavier weapons can cause fight changing hits even if they just land 2 or 3 times.
I think it is important to choose a weapon based on what gear a gladiator is wearing. And it is best to take into consideration the weapon when choosing armor.

But I have not seen a "favorite" type weapon that a gladiator works better with one then another. In Duels2 (Duelmasters) a gladiator usually always had a pre determined but unkown favorite weapon even if at times it did not fit his style. Only through experimentation could you figure it out. Not sure I am seeing anything similiar so far.