PDA

View Full Version : Iron Jaw

Kreegan
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
This skill doesn't seem to do much. I have it maxed on two gladiators and both get stunned pretty often - in every second fight, sometimes in several fights in a row (including the 2 round stun which is almost always an instant loss for the stunned fighter). Occasional KO can also be seen. I'm not sure if it is bugged or just underpowered - my gladiators without the skill get stunned about as often as the ones with it and I doubt that they're just lucky. And no, this is not just against Theatrics. What are your impressions?

Team Kaos
01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Are they wearing light armor up on the noggin? War Cry can also cause Stuns to happen as well now. As well as just running them to fast with high BL for their own good. Leaving themselves wide open for a big fat temple busters. Just an idea.

Kreegan
01-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Full heavy armour, although I can't see how this can be related. The skill is not linked to any type of armour type or activity level / strategy, it's just supposed to protect the gladiator from stuns and KO when the hit lands (so obviously it doesn't matter how exposed he is - you won't get stunned if you don't get hits of course). It happens when both offensive and defensive strategies are in use + like I said, gladiators who don't have it get stunned about as often as gladiators who have it maxed. Kind of kills the point of getting it in the first place.

Kreegan
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM
OK, after having tested it for quite some time, I can safely conclude that the skill is totally useless. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do on paper but in reality gladiators who have it trained to 9-10 get next to no reduction to the amount of stuns/KOs they suffer. These skill points are better spent literally anywhere else.

Team Kaos
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Same here, not sure if it is under powered or just the glads in question are cursed with bad luck in the case of being stunned.
Some glads just get stunned more then others, just like some die more then others.

Nate has said there is an unknown luck factor in each gladiator upon birth. This can play a role in a lot of the reasons some are awesome and some should be awesome but for unknown reasons just don't live up to expectation despite having better attributes and same skill sets and strats.

I'm more apt to side with bad luck on this because it seems those glads that get stunned a lot seem to get stunned more often then others first off and even with Iron jaw still suffer the same fate.

If Iron Jaw is not helping, tinker a bit with your strats and equipment..if still no go...it may be time to look for another slave with a thicker skull.

Kreegan
03-13-2013, 09:15 AM
This is not happening with just one gladiator. Granted, I might be drawing the short stick as far as the Luck is concerned every time when I pick a slave from the market (however unlikely) but that changes little. Nobody knows the values of the Luck "skill" of a given gladiator and nobody is sure what it does while on the other hand training some skill is supposed have predictable results - why would you invest in it if some random factor that you don't know about can make it useless by default? That said, even if the Luck factor is involved, the skill certainly needs a boost.

Team Kaos
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
That said, even if the Luck factor is involved, the skill certainly needs a boost.

Not sure, I have some that get stunned a lot, some once in a while and others hardly ever. Just like some of opposing managers, some get
stunned often, others almost never. Those that hardly get stunned are usually the better fighters near the top.

I also think, but I am not sure about it..size plays a role. I've noticed big glads (over 80) don't get stunned so much as smaller guys (under 75).

Kreegan
03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
One of the gladiators I'm talking about is over 80 size and has fought both with and without Iron Jaw (he had it before the last "free" retrain that came with one of the updates and doesn't have it any more) - there's literally zero (or so insignificant that I can't detect it) difference in how often he gets stunned. I now have it on a freshly build gladiator and it doesn't seem to offer much protection, if any. The bottom line is that if a one gladiator indeed gets stunned rarely or frequently by default - although we don't know if this is the case - he would get stunned just as rarely or frequently even with Iron Jaw. Which leads to the same conclusion.