PDA

View Full Version : earning points at the top of primus?

Apoca1ypse
01-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Bruce is sitting in the #1 spot and won 5 fights in a row, but only earned a grand total of 400 points all up, opposed to the 3000-4000 he was earning a bit lower in the top 10. made me kinda sad. Is that how it's normally been? or am I getting robbed? I've never had a glad on top since the changes to the ladder a year ago so I dont know if it's meant to be 1 way or the other....

crow
01-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Yes I know what your talking about. The first points adjustment I remember is when Eruption was on top and got about 9k points away from Laharl. Then all of a sudden he was not gaining any points on a win till Laharl got within 1k points. Then it went back to normal. What Nate did at the time was make sure 1st did not separate too far from 2nd.

Then later on I used Foxtrot and Echo to separate from the pack. I know foxtrot got over 420k points. Then Nate changed it again where once you got to the top your points for wins became very small. I think he put a cap also because I can't remember seeing anyone over 380k since that update.

Apoca1ypse
01-24-2013, 03:18 AM
hmmm, oh well.

Cynaidh
01-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Yup its impossible to pull away now at the top of primus, that's why its a musical chair for 1st place now, a win will get you like you've seen 80ish points or less if your really ahead of 2nd place but you can drop 2k or more points in 1 loss.

If you have 2 or more glads and their points are right on top of each other, if they get lucky and don't fight each other they can slowly pulls away from the rest of the top 10 we have seen, but even then a couple of losses and you loose so many points you'll drop down to 4-5th place.

Prinny
01-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Yup it's been like that for a long time now.
Highest I think ive seen so far was Prinny with points between 370 and 371k, the 2nd place had 362k, a win gave him the sad amount of 13 points before he got a loss lol

oedi
01-24-2013, 04:42 AM
highest ive been is 382, and #1 waas down to 1 digit increase for a win :)

Apoca1ypse
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
wow, that kinda sucks. also more kudos to you guys that managed those huge breaks. i didnt realise the points made it so hard to pull away now.

Cynaidh
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Ya there is no real pull away anymore.

Btw, grats on getting a speed rage to the top been forever since i have seen that! I've been testing him with some of my guys and he is solid. :)

Dainoji
01-24-2013, 07:46 PM
wow, that kinda sucks. also more kudos to you guys that managed those huge breaks. i didnt realise the points made it so hard to pull away now.

What would suck even more is a gladiator or two pulling so far ahead of the pack they are uncatchable. This limiter is a good thing and keeps the throne always in reach.

Apoca1ypse
01-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Ya there is no real pull away anymore.

Btw, grats on getting a speed rage to the top been forever since i have seen that! I've been testing him with some of my guys and he is solid. :)

Cheers for the compliment :) I think a bit of dumb luck played a part in finding the right strat/setup. That or I'm just that awesome a manager ;) (pfft)