PDA

View Full Version : The 1 - 2 punch

Team Kaos
02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Gonna give my boys some kudos for a moment here. But Moon Child and Power Slave have been doing pretty well. They are the ying to each other's yang. Completley opposite in everything they are and do, but do indeed show excellent results.
Moon Child has been a bit off lately, having some issues with these knucklehead brutes.
But I think we have worked those kinks out.
It's all in the hips you know.
So we did some lateral work and a few tweaks here and there. Moon Child was very receptive to the changes and is feeling pretty confident after making some positive strides during practice.
We believe we have rectified the getting bowled over with that pesky Rage barreling attack at the beginning of each match.

Oh, how I hate that attack.

Power Slave has also been putting in extra work and it sure is showing results. Indeed he gives some entertaining bouts. Never easy but always entertaining.

And how can I leave out Solstice!

Although not as skilled, but since his last visit to the wrong side he has begun a grand run towards the top. And yet, by his own creation has developed his own unique fighting style. And thus far the results have been impressive.

Please feel free to share your own stable stories, it does get boring talking about my team to my team after a while.

Jaradakar
02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Domitius had an encounter with Solstice and it feels like they're doing a very similar strategy. I had recently just picked up some new gear for Dom, but alas it did not seem to matter. It was actually a little frustrating considering Dom's got more bleed skill than Sol, better weapon skill, and using a shield -- but some how you managed to put more bleeds on me.

I suspect it has to do with how you're pumping up Agility (more attacks + defense) while recently I was trying to gear up with just more defense. So I may have to reconsider and try tweaking things a bit more. Of course Dom is using a faster weapon and has decent agility and looking over the fight, we both seem to be attacking quite a bit (I'd guess to say fairly equal).

Of course Sol is higher level (3 lvls higher), and has a much better weapon (190 DPR Vs my 120 DPR). Sigh. I think I might need to get Dom a better weapon.... again.

Also what seems a little lame is that at the end of round one, you had 9 bleed on and I had ZERO. Then round 2 begins all of a sudden I have 13 bleed (which I guess I can only assume was put on via the last hit you got in round one for 9 pts). But it still feels lucky that you got a 13 bleed, with lower gratuitous violence skill.

Overall I think it was just a factor of luck and better weapon that mostly won you the battle (I had obviously poor bleed rolls, as you should have got a ton more than you did).

Team Kaos
02-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I suspect it has to do with how you're pumping up Agility (more attacks + defense) while recently I was trying to gear up with just more defense.

Solstice wears heavier armor then Domitius, which plays a large part in inflicting high bleed hits. Harder hits will result in more bleed, otherwise you need to stack many light hits to get good bleed rate. Wolfraven is great at doing such things. Stacking light hits and causing massive bleeding.

Solstice is also very keen at bleeding his opponents to death as he does hold the most kills in the game at any level and I think high bleed rates contibute to kills.

But Dominius was a bit overmatched and I don't believe Solstice was a comparable opponent for him at least right now.

Jaradakar
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought Solstice and Domitius are both wearing mostly Medium armor (Dom has 3 slot that are still light armor, but the rest are medium.

Team Kaos
02-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Solstice wears a combo of light and medium but has an edge of over 60 armor points over Domitius. It may not sound like a lot overall but when causing bleeding wounds and based on whether the hits are landing on the light armor or the medium armor it can make all the difference.

*** Solstice just added Darla to his list of kills, by the end he had a -75 blood loss on Darla.

Blackwill
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Darla just fought Solstice this afternoon. The first hit of the fight had Darla bleeding for 37 points. That's the highest I've seen in a single hit so far. Solstice's GV must be pretty high.

And, even though Solstice has purchased items to mod his Agility by 33 points, Darla was pretty much matching him blow for blow with her measely +8.

The clencher in that fight, though, was Solstice's +61 mods in Defense, coupled with those Agility mods which also increase defense.. Darla couldn't get a decent hit in, though she was throwing just as madly as Solstice. Had she been able to connect, she might have been able to prevent a few of those infuriating Bleeds, which capped out at a staggering 75 points per round (!!!), which eventually lead to her death on the sands.

That build you have on Solstice is pretty tough to counter....but, damn, it must have cost you a fortune.

61 def
33 Agility