PDA

View Full Version : Speed Rage is Back Baby!

Apoca1ypse
01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, once the update went live, Bruce started tearing through the ranks and today he finally sat upon the throne and got the undisputed primus champion achievement. I think that makes him the first speed rager to do so since Wargh almost a year ago...

Not bad for a glad that could barely get inside the top 100 a few weeks ago and still has 4 stats to begin training on :P

Next challenge is getting Ahhnold to break the threshold and make the top 10.

Team Kaos
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Speed Rages reset back to unloading 800 point bombs with tiny little pocketknife dirks again vs heavy armor, and the medium armor is even less effective once again. So much for the increase in armor protection.

I watched Moon Child slowly move up into the 30's over the last week, and after the newest update drop like a rock to 109. Rages just unloaded on his med armor like he was running around naked.

Dainoji
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Speed Rages reset back to unloading 800 point bombs with tiny little pocketknife dirks again vs heavy armor, and the medium armor is even less effective once again. So much for the increase in armor protection.

I watched Moon Child slowly move up into the 30's over the last week, and after the newest update drop like a rock to 109. Rages just unloaded on his med armor like he was running around naked.

The only large hits my rage glad lands against heavy armor are when a skill like Crippling Might or Rampage goes off, maybe late in the battle after a few Sunder Armor skills have gone off, other than that my broad swords are landing around 150-200 damage shots, with a lot of blocked and parried attacks and low < 50 damage hits. I'm sure War glads are losing a lot more and that's because the were OP right after the update and were always winning, just as Rage glads were mostly losing. I find the balance to be much better now.

It's pretty common to have large up and down swings in Primus, gladiators are so tightly packed that a win or loss can move you 20,30, 40+ spots sometimes.

Apoca1ypse
01-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Kaos, Bruce is old school and wields a bastard sword and a gladius. He will land the occasional bomb off rampage, but a bastard sword is hardly a dagger. in fact it's on the opposite end of the blade spectrum and meant to be good vs armor. I wish they went to their pre-nerf damage but oh well. They seem to finally do damage now so im happy.

regardless, I'm just glad that speed rage is viable again. 2H also seems to be making progress (my glads anyway)

Team Kaos
01-22-2013, 07:52 PM
BEELZE BOB makes a bloodthirsty stab with his BLOODSAND DIRK.
BEELZE BOB roars uncontrollably as he attacks! (-Rampage-)
Savage lunge above MOON CHILD's waist punctures a kidney and destroys all healthy tissue in the blades path! (+850 Damage)

I was not referring to Bruce. I know its a rampage hit, but c'mon it's still a pocket knife he's carrying.
Once the new update hit, Rage power just went silly again. I understand it was to compensate for the tanks ability to absorb and defend basically everything that was swung at them, but not every War is a tank and runs a tank strategy. Those that wear less then the heaviest armor are getting pulverized.

Dainoji
01-22-2013, 08:00 PM
That rampage can just as easily be parried or absorbed by the armor, it happens to my rage glads more than I care to think about. :) If I had to guess, I'd say a war glad in light and medium armor is going to have a tough go against speed rage, but will fair better against power ragers and 2h ragers based on the war's build. You won't be able to match a speed rage hit for hit so going totally offensive all the time won't work well. A common strategy used for some time was for war glads to tank in the first round and try and absorb the rampage hit they knew had a good chance of triggering, then they'd switch to another strategy to go on the offensive. Something like that might work for your "light war" build. Of course if you do block the rampage hit you'll need to handle it again sometime around round 6-8.

Team Kaos
01-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Of course anything can be parried or absorbed or end up being a glancing blow. Many Primus glads when matched ten times will have 5 different out...I'm not saying it is something that will happen all the time..because it can just as easily land for much less or it can land for more or not land at all. Not often do Rampages get blocked or parries well.

But what was the reason for raising the power again, wasn't the reason for allowing 2H weapons to swing multiple times per round and overall more often over the course of the fight as well as shorter rounds to level the power output of the Rage instead of the 1.. 2 hit and fight over... they would swing more often with a reduced output making the 10/10 strat a bit more difficult to run due to the fatigue factor (which also was limited in the newest update)

Now we have increased speed of big weapons, shorter rounds allowing more swings overall over the course of a fight and once again ultra high damage ability. That is a huge buff that just went to Rage's.

Tanking is a method in round 1, some glads are also capable of using parry at 9/10 with a 1 BL, which also reduces that initial Rampage damage.

Lunarion199
01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
I know its a rampage hit, but c'mon it's still a pocket knife he's carrying. I would agree to this. I guess if the rages are to be de-buffed again, placing some cap on the frequency of their successful occurance per fight/ damage dealt (even for non-ragers.. but ragers have five activated skills) could be the area. Currently level 50 gladiators have around 1500 health so such high damage as 850+ will reduce it drastically just in one shot.

But a warrior without armoured fortress is most likely to get big hits by a rager with total carnage I suppose. The achievement slots too may make a difference; particularly if filled with blood game achievements.

Apoca1ypse
01-23-2013, 05:09 AM
2 things

1: Rampage can still get shoved back in your face by surprise ending. I've had Blarg kill himself in 1 hit before. made me both sad and laugh. wish I had screen capped it.

2: Rage has had the short end of the stick for most of the game's history. whats so bad about them finally getting teeth and shining for a bit?

edit: 3 things. you can still tire out the rager easily if you have the skills for it.

Lunarion199
01-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Warriors dominated Primus earlier. Now that this update is more defence-oriented and that ragers' trump card-last stand has gone from rage tree, the wars should be able to perform even better. Even if two-handed dunder ragers don't hit more than 300 in their single attacks compared to 700-900 earlier it is still acceptable rather than scratching opponents' armours just to get exhausted.

Prinny
01-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Oh stop crying about it so a rage gives 800+ damage bombs, I think theyre supposed to do that even if it's annoying that they pull it off using a dagger.
It's annoying I get that but at the same time that same rage gets it's behind kicked by a theatrics, 2H war or whatever it is facing that has the build/racial/strategic advantage over it.

There's so many builds to use now and even more layout's for armour to combine with it. Before a war could wear full heavy armour without getting past the 25% barrier, now it's hard to get past the 40% heck the 50% barrier wearing full heavy armour and most of them are forced to get mostly medium pieces if they want to stay under that mark.

Theatrics are the ones that got the real buff in my eyes. theyre still capable of wearing their armour while staying under 25%, they can use counter attack agaisnt rages, can bleed out wars and got some of the old wars skill ontop of their own good ones to make them even better.

A second respec now that I know what skill does what would be nice but Im loving every single bit of the update so far as I need to change every glad I owned to find out what's usefull for them. Yes I know it sounds like crying especially from some1 whoms glads haven't been hit as hard in the face with a plate mail glove as some others have...

http://i46.tinypic.com/2im28sy.png

Alba Kebab
01-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Is that a pony?:eek: