PDA

View Full Version : Help with build for War

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi all I'm new here and i got a question for you experienced players.
I got a gladiator with stats: Str: 69 Int: 71 Agi: 71 Sta: 74 Siz: 66 Pre: 73: Chi: 71
Can I build a good war with these stats or is it just impossible, I'm asking this question since i looked through the noob guide for war and noticed that my gladiator's size is way below the recommended and cannot be changed. Thank you for your help.

Lunarion199
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I am no expert but to me he seems a good all round gladiator. Any specialty may work but looking at rather low strength+size I would prefer to make him a theatric. Having a good agility+presence+chi would also enhance his surprise ending skill.

Of course these are just the base stats and it's totally up to you how to develop him further. If you want him to be a war you may have to stack on strength heavily with gear and learn 'light as feather' so he may wear heavy armor.

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Thank you for your advices, but is it possible to change one's specialty? Also I have already put in many points into the war skill tree, so far I have level 2 pole arms, level 3 Iron Jaws, and level 2 Grim Determination

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
PS: Congratz on 1st place in black market, hope you get that purple ;D

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh also this is a female gladiator so does that account for the low str and size?

Lunarion199
01-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi and thanks.

- You may edit your post to add more lines, instead of writing multiple posts spanning one line each :)
- Specialty cannot be changed. Male/female doesn't make any difference.
- Raise weapons skill first to at least 7. At low levels you won't need grim determination or iron jaw much.
- Polearms need intellect+agility+stamina so raise these attributes, specifically agility, with training/gear/achievement slots, to benefit more from this weapon.

Regards

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Thank you so much for your speedy and helpful replies I shall keep them in mind :D

Apoca1ypse
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm a big fan of getting weapon skill up to 10 before training anything else. all skills curve exponentially so yeah.... train up :D

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm a big fan of getting weapon skill up to 10 before training anything else. all skills curve exponentially so yeah.... train up :D

Thank you for your advice, I guess I have to train up XD Things go slowly however when I use up my tokens and energy ;_;

Prinny
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
You could always raise his size with achievements. there are +2's, +5's and one +10 size achievement you can get.

I would advise to wear slightly less heavy armour, probably a mix between heavy and medium armour (I don't believe a war should wear light armour...they weren't made for that :P).
when you reach 55 skillpoints in the war tree you unlock the possibility to get the skill "Light As A Feather" lvl that to 10 since it will lessen the negative effects for being encumbered.

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
You could always raise his size with achievements. there are +2's, +5's and one +10 size achievement you can get.

I would advise to wear slightly less heavy armour, probably a mix between heavy and medium armour (I don't believe a war should wear light armour...they weren't made for that :P).
when you reach 55 skillpoints in the war tree you unlock the possibility to get the skill "Light As A Feather" lvl that to 10 since it will lessen the negative effects for being encumbered.

Thank you so much for your advice, would a mix of heavy and medium still be beneficial once I get the Light As A Feather skill or would that be not necessary?

Alba Kebab
01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
With your size, I wouldn't advise going for anything heavier than medium armor, just go for a lightweight build with light or light medium armor at most. Speed and agility may be the better direction for this glad, rather than tank and spank.

Just my 2 cents.

Sakayume
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
With your size, I wouldn't advise going for anything heavier than medium armor, just go for a lightweight build with light or light medium armor at most. Speed and agility may be the better direction for this glad, rather than tank and spank.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you I will keep that in mind

Prinny
01-23-2013, 02:18 PM
I would give him a heavy piece or 2 with the rest being Medium when he has Light As A Feather depending on how encumbered he gets when wearing it all.
The wars best feature is the ability to wear Heavy armour so not wearing a single piece is a big no for me. There are some funny wars out there one in particular wearing just a few pieces of cloth and a pole arm...I don't know what her stable manager is thinking but I don't think she is happy that my rage glad was able to beat her while wearing nothing at all...

Alba Kebab
01-24-2013, 04:05 AM
She's there to do show fights and earn money, not to climb ranks. A little skin is good for the audience. :)

Sakayume
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I would give him a heavy piece or 2 with the rest being Medium when he has Light As A Feather depending on how encumbered he gets when wearing it all.
The wars best feature is the ability to wear Heavy armour so not wearing a single piece is a big no for me. There are some funny wars out there one in particular wearing just a few pieces of cloth and a pole arm...I don't know what her stable manager is thinking but I don't think she is happy that my rage glad was able to beat her while wearing nothing at all...

It's gonna be a long time until I get Light As Feather skill XD