PDA

View Full Version : Reset Talents

Justice
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Fluff: Just the other day I was lounging in a decadently pillowed room, being fanned and fed by buxom slave-maidens when Voltar, my best gladiator, came stumbling in. Looking perturbed, he blustered some nonsense about his training, and how the trainer was forcing him to practice furiously attacking people while they were on the ground. Being of the honourable sort, Voltar outright refused to train specially for such an occurrence, even at threats of five hundred lashings in the mid-day sun. Nonetheless, the damage had been done, and time spent learning those techniques could have been time spent learning how to intimidate opponents while they were still standing up, rather than waiting for them to fall down.

TLDR: Are you planning on implementing any kind of "Talent Reset" feature, possibly for some exorbitant cost?

Thanks,

- Justice Stablemaster

Nate
11-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Hey Justice,

There are plans to have an ability to re-spec your gladiator, but the details and mechanics on how it would be done haven't been hashed out. It can't really be a simple point for point system since not all point are created equal. 10 points in one skill is not equal to 1 point in 10 skills. One idea I've thought about is you could undo trains, but then you would have to go through the normal process of training them again. This option might work and would be cheaper (trophy wise) than a full re-spec of removing trains and adding trains, etc.

For those looking for a way to shift their points around and do a re-spec that way things are much more difficult for the reason above.

If you or anyone reading this has any ideas on how a re-spec system could work let me know!

-Nate-

Onceler
11-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Just have the opposite of Buy and Train -- Sell and Untrain. So, e.g. you could choose to use a training point to untrain a skill -- at the same odds it took to train in the first place (so it'll go faster the closer you are to 0).

Jaradakar
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I think you really have a few options:

1) Full Respec (high cost) -- shift point locations, but not increase beyond current max levels. The only way to be fair about this is to track the current number of high level skills and allow those to transfer over. For example if you have 3 skills at 6, then when you respec you can set only 3 skills at 6 or lower. You'd not be able to set say one at 7. Of course this still has problems because a skill that you previously had at 6 might have different attribute (Str + Int) requirements than one of the new skills (Stam + Agl + Int) you set to 6.

2) Full Respec (high cost) -- You get back X number of trains. The number you get back is based on the difficulty of the current skills and it takes the average of what it took your gladiator to learn them. For example you have a skill at 6, and your odds of training the skill was 50% then you'd get back 15 training points. This would be a much simpler system than option #1.

3) Minor changes (Variable cost) -- You remove 1 skill training point at a time. Much like option #2 you'd un-train skills and get back the average of what it took you to learn. You'd have to pay per point to un-train. You could assume the cost to do so would make up for the possible gain if say you had good luck initially training and actually managed to train it in 10 and now you're getting back 15 points. Maybe the cost to un-train could be based on how high the skill is? The higher the skill is trained the more expensive it is to un-train.

I think option #3 is my favorite, it is very similar to what Onceler was suggesting. It would be more friendly to people who are wanting to make minor tweaks but be very expensive/harsh for people who want to completely change how they spend their points. It would also be more newbie friendly (as they'd have less points) and be more expensive for a veteran.