PDA

View Full Version : Weapons?

Tarot Cards
01-13-2013, 06:23 AM
So I've read through all the guides for each glad type, and there was a little bit of information on weapons, but not a whole lot on deciding which is best for you. So I wanted to ask about weapons in general, and what each combination is good for. I'm not asking this for any class specifically, as I'd imagine that a dual-mace Rage would function similar to a dual-mace Theatrics, unless I am totally mistaken.

From what I know so far, Two-handed weapons are slow, hard-hitting monsters that land once per round or even every other round, but nuke enemy hp. Apparently two-handed Rage glads aren't so popular any more due to them being unable to afford waiting for hits in their light-armored state, but War glads seem to function will with two-handers. However, War glads get to choose between two-handers and polearms, which then begs the question: what's the difference, and which one is better? Polarms have a higher attack speed versus two-handers, but seem to deal MUCH less damage than their stats would indicate. I fought against a polearm glad with my two-handed War glad, and both sides had similar stats, but I was dealing more damage than the other glad could string together in two attacks, even though they attacked twice as fast. So would two-handers be always better than polearms, or when should a polearm be chosen?

For one-handing, shields appear to be unpopular in the Primus tier, even for War glads that are supposedly defensive. I know War glads like Laharl are offensive, and thus would go with dual-sword, but why is shield so seldom used? Is it because you have to train two weapon skills instead of one to make shield worth your while?

I saw a topic earlier on dual-wielding vs fighting with one one-hander, and it made sense to me. But there's the question, similar to two-hander vs polearm, of sword vs mace. This one, the difference is much easier to see, as a glad like Condemned with dual knives attacks as much as ten times in a round. In fact, I read a fun fight that lasted only two rounds in which about forty attacks were laid down total by both sides combined, Condemned vs a Theatrics glad (sorry, forgot the name!) that was wielding a cestus and another exotic weapon. But again, when would one go for all-out speed vs speed and power with the dual mace?

Finally, I see lots of Theatric glads that don't use exotic. What are the advantages of using exotic over the dual sword or dual mace that I see most theatrics using? And what are the disadvantages?

Sorry for asking a ton of questions, but I just couldn't find all the answers, and wanted to know what my choices with future glads (current ones are too small in size!) would entail. Thanks!

Cynaidh
01-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know most of the guides and old discussions on the forums here may not be very accurate now, yesterday we got perhaps the largest update every and it changed ALOT of the game and how everything worked. Like shields on warriors just became much more effective, 2 hand rage may make a comeback due to a new skill that gives rages a large amount of damage mitigation for 2 rounds, giving them time to do their damage.... really the game changed a lot yesterday.

I am sure new guides will be written but I think most of us are all trying to figure it out right now, we are all new players right now. :)