PDA

View Full Version : Whole new game!

crow
01-12-2013, 05:39 PM
I have only been able to convert a few of my guys, just been busy today. But already I see a huge improvement in defense, which will give so many more ways to win consistently. It is easier to exhaust someone, bleed them nice and slow. Tanking is a bit more useful. This is gonna create a lot more unique glads and lead to a greater variety in strategy and designs. I am already a huge fan of death from above, also adrenaline rush is so cool! I have yet to see surprise ending do anything. And war cry is gonna be very useful. It is gonna take awhile to make heads and tails of the new fight engine, but I'm sure Cyn is loading up a new spreadsheet:)

Bottom line great job Nate, pat yourself on the back stretch your legs and have a drink. Then tomorrow get cracking on those conquest ;)

Alba Kebab
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
My rages do not like surprise ending, NO, THEY DO NOT.

Kreegan
01-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Yup, it's a new game all right.
I particularly like the fact that low health/endurance really does matter now. Of course a lot of testing will have to be performed but so far it seems that blind berserking "strategies" are not longer viable both due to the exhaustion factor and the reduced effectiveness when the fighter is tired. This may finally force the Rages to abandon the 10 - Berserk - 10 approach to pretty much all situations.

Lunarion199
01-13-2013, 12:04 AM
- My old gaunt war glad Arthas after his resurrection from the grave won warlords battle royale yesterday... with a grey dagger and shield :)
- My proud rager Kael who consistently performs in pit fights lost 5 out of first 11 fights yesterday

Yes it's all new game! It took bit time to tweak the strategies but now it's playing well. Kael has even exhausted couple war gladiators!

While tanking now benefits more to the wars, berserk seems the opposite for rages. I guess we all forgot to discuss about potential consequences of using berserk style. It would be interesting to experiment with berserk. Or a tip from Nate might help.

Lunarion199
01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
One question: Has anyone found berserk and kill shots precious as fighting styles for ragers yet??

Dainoji
01-15-2013, 07:21 AM
One question: Has anyone found berserk and kill shots precious as fighting styles for ragers yet??

Yes, I use all of rages fighting styles now.

Dainoji
01-15-2013, 07:23 AM
My rages do not like surprise ending, NO, THEY DO NOT.

Had a 1000 damage rampage redirected back at you too huh? :)