PDA

View Full Version : New classes suggestion

megalon6
01-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey guys I have this new suggestion on the classes (Currently rage, war and theatrics)
Instead of having that, I would suggest classes of unique skills and different trees so you wouldn't be able to mix them up (Hybrids) because that would take away the unique taste of each class IMO. However, rage, war and theatrics will still be present. You would pick one as your fighting style and choose a class after that.

Rage
Pros
-Extra attack power (+10%)
-Extra proficiency with heavy weapons (Faster swing and damage)
-Berserk style attacks (+20% attack speed=more attacks per turn)
-Extra strength (+10 when glad is created)
-Natural bloodlust (Equal to one or two points) without penalties (You can still modify it WITH the penalties if you need more bloodlust)
-Better chance at killing an enemy (+5% chance)
Cons
-Burns endurance 30% faster than other fighting styles (Doesn't burn that fast though)
-Cannot wear heavy armor
-Natural penalty to accuracy (-20%)
-People don't like lunatics (-5 presence)
-Stubborn (-5 intellect)

War
Pros
-Extra attack power (+5%)
-Extra endurance (+10)
-Weapons master (+8% proficiency in any weapons)
-Only style that can wear heavy armor
-Disciplined attack style (+10% accuracy)
-Strategist (More combat options)
Cons
-Natural penalty to agility (-10 agility)
-Too disciplined (-30% to initiative)
-Rock heart (Low natural bloodlust) [Max 6 instead of 10]
-Natural pride (Extra penalties when lost)
-Expensive (Extra money to revive)

Theatrics
Pros
-Yea I look good (+10 presence)
-Run like the wind! (+10 agility and 20% initiative)
-Cunning (+5 Intellect)
-Aww...Did that hurt? (+6% crit chance and +12% crit damage)
-Jealous? (+15% proficiency with exotic weapons, spears, daggers and short swords. Only fighting style that can use special weapons)
-Nice hand...oops it's gone (+8% chance of special triggers-disarms, knockdowns, bleedings, stuns etc)
Pros
-Damn my weak defense (-5% defense)
-Can't....hold...on... (-10% proficiency when wearing medium armors, can't wear heavy armors at all)
-I want my weapons back (-10% Proficiency when using maces, [long] swords, hammers, polearms and axes)
-Prone to tiring (+50% endurance burn rate when lower than 18% of max endurance)
-I'm hurt momma... (-10% combat stats when lower than 18% of max health)
-Aw maaan!!! (-7% attack power when critically hit or damage exceeds 20% of max HP, can stack up to 3 times)

Classes

Murmillo
The Murmillo are heavily armored gladiators, fully armed with a large, rectangular shield, fully-enclosed helm, leather belt, foot guards, arm guards , gauntlets and a gladius. They are extremely deadly at close range and can protect themselves from most attacks with their shield. The Murmillo depended on his strength and endurance to survive the battle against foes who were more suited to attacking. The tower shield gives him an edge in defense and his gladius also gives him the ability to thrust and swing at his enemies when in close range. The Murmillo are also trained to kick their enemies with the thick padding worn around their legs. (War fighting style suited)
Pros: High defense, good close combat, strong against galds who can't break through armor.
Cons: Heavy equipment hinders movement, could tire easily if too aggressive, short ranged

Thracians
The Thracians are agile fighters armed with a curved scimitar, a round shield, shoulder, arm guards and greaves. They excel at moving around quickly and finding a weakness---usually exploiting it and using it against his opponent. These warriors are extremely fast and quick, they have excellent reactions. The Thracians circle their opponent, find their weakness, and kill them. However, they do possess good endurance and strength when needed or in longer battles. (Theatrics/Rage fighting style suited)
Pros: Agile and fast, crits more easily and deadly.
Cons: Defense is mediocre only, short ranged.

Retiarius
The retiarius is the most readily identifiable gladiator type, due to his signature equipment: arm guard, shoulder guard, net, trident, and dagger. They are unorthodox gladiators, attacking enemies by throwing their nets at them and stabbing with the trident. They are extremely deadly if not countered well and many fell under their tridents. His lack of heavy equipment meant that he could use speed and evasion to his advantage. The net-fighter had to avoid close combat at all costs, keep his distance, and wait for an opening to stab with his trident or throw his net. He could wield spears and polearms if required, with good skill. (Theatrics style suited)
-Pros: Long ranged, net disrupts and disables enemies
-Cons: Nearly no defense, terrible at short range
(May be hard to implement, his attacks are revolved around stunning by throwing net and keeping distance from his opponents, if caught he will try to pull back instead of staying at close ranges)

Samnites
Medium armored gladiators, with a shield, greaves and a helmet. Samnites are well suited for combat with their stabbing sword and shield, although not too heavily armored. They excel at pushing close then stabbing their opponents, defending against attacks with their shield. They are not to be underestimated and can be played defensively or offensively. Counter attacks well. (War and rage suited)
Pros: Well rounded and no real weakness.
Cons: No true strengths

Velites
Velites were light infantry and skirmishers who were armed with a number of light javelins, or hastae velitares, to fling at the enemy, and also carried short thrusting swords, or gladii for use in melee. They wear light armor, carry small wooden shields for protection and wore a headdress made from wolf skin. This is also a kind of roman irregular infantry. (Theatrics, war and rage all suited)
Pros: Agile and quick, well suited for melee, ranged attacks.
Cons: VERY low defense

Berserkers
True warriors of the gladiators. Berserkers are armed without shields, lightly armored and carry two-handed maces/axes/long swords. These gladiators fight without concern, charging at their opponents without second thoughts. They are extremely effective against armored opponents as their attacks break through armor. They are extremely aggressive and if you are not careful you might walk away with one arm less. Beware of them. (Rage suited)
Pros: Extremely strong, powerful attacks, not short ranged, counter to armored opponents.
Cons: Agile opponents easily outrun him, tires quickly if the battle endures.

I hope you guys could take a look :D

Adds-
Throwing spears (Used before an battle begins, attacks 5 times then switches to another weapon)

riggen
01-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Now, while I really apreciate the well-written post, I must say, adding historically acurate gladiator classes would be quite a buzzkill, for me, personally. I take Pit of War like a fantasy, grimdark themed game, akin to Warhammer (the artwork and overall feel are very similar, this could, of course, only be a good thing)

Another issue there is the close range/short range thing you have going on, I don't really think anything in the game counts as long or short ranged, as in, a gladiator wielding a dagger can attack at the same time a gladiator with a polearm could. If you're really looking for more classes, you could try pestering the overlord for a new school, note how all of our gladiators are from the "Arms and Armour" school? Nate mentioned once that he had A LOT of schools planned at the beggining of PoW, but he scratched them for the moment, because there was literally way to much to do about them.

So, instead of modifying existing classes, we could, perhaps, at a future time, see another school, with 3 completely new classes. Maybe after conquests, if those are still planned, who knows! :D

megalon6
01-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Thank you for reading and commenting :P
I'm really getting tired of seeing only 3 classes and hybrid builds are actually making the classes are the same, not unique. I prefer you choose one and you would not be able to use other's advantages to your own

Jelle
01-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Hmm I'm not sure I agree with this suggestion. Seems a bit constrciting to certain roles, give me mix and match to make your own 'class' much like we have now.
The classes probably shouldn't be named after classical age nationalities/fighting styles, is a bit of an immersian breaker. Not a big issue though.
Actually having certain schools to chose from would be pretty sweet, be able to combine the three classes with a multitude of schools to really tweak your fighting style, there could be so many interesting combinations.

Prinny
01-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Shadow & Myst school, Nuff said

sevenseas
01-11-2013, 03:12 AM
I used to think that all of the good build designs were used up...not any more, if 2 people started with the same glad, and built it the same way(skills), the person with the better strategy wins...but chances are everyone builds just a leeetle bit different. That's the beauty of this game to me, everything is so simple and un-cluttered like rock-paper-scissors with swords:o So if competition and strategy are your thing, welcome to the Pits. That said...I do think another school would be nice, just as long as it don't get cluttered up and have too much going on...the simplicity of the design is what sells it for me.

Lunarion199
01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I would say, there are enough races, specialities and fight triggers to make various permutations-combinations. What the game probably needs the most now is a concrete aim - apart from being at the top in the fight list of course.

There are various story-driven games (try the good old Synthetic Reality's Well of Souls.. seen none like that in years for storyline), or three kingdom-type games (Rise of Europe quite appealed to me recently) which fulfil this need. Guess a situation where players will need to ally with or to fight each other as a part of their story-driven quest; or it requires to defeat a quest-NPC but not to kill him in order to get further directions.. How interesting it could be!

When Pit of War implements conquest I eagerly hope we will really get something to fight for.. the story of a gladiator. As such I would say let's not demand for any new school or speciality, rather a story to the game!!