PDA

View Full Version : No bleed loss?

crow
01-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Nate please look at this fight. He should have been way less than 0 to start the round but was still awarded the fight. I have noticed this a few times lately

SEQUOIA tries to attack from the ground.
SEQUOIA decides to attack with the other hand.
SEQUOIA makes a dangerously accurate lunge with his MASTERWORK DIRK.
SEQUOIA
KASPAR WIDMANN
160/1557
160/1557
206/1665
206/1665
90/99
90/99
91/97
91/97
Prone
prone
Bleeding
Attack Power
Bleeding
Attack Power

Mammoth thrust tears into KASPAR WIDMANN's tricep and removes two-thirds of it! (+103 Damage)
R O U N D 5
SEQUOIA almost gets up onto his feet, but gets kicked back down!
SEQUOIA begins to plea for his worthless life and after a moment of thought KASPAR WIDMANN spits on the pitiful fool and walks away!

oedi
01-08-2013, 06:16 AM
This happens quite often, and has been discussed a few times. Right now i only can find my own thread.
http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread.php?737-check-out-fight-1379-odd-win
I also remember losing to Eruption twice in the same BG this way. Ormgar and Narvalo had bleed on Eruption but at the start of the new round Eruption was given the victory. Old news but I remember ;).

I think that with the right skills, combat instincts and maybe blood drunk a almost dead gladiator can win the challenge for initiative for the round, and if that swing will take the opponent out the arenamaster will award the cvictory to the wrong? gladiator.

Cynaidh
01-08-2013, 08:15 AM
The only thing that makes sense to me is that KASPAR WIDMANN's bleed on you was applied first and the enforcer saved you, his bleed would have taken you down to 80 hit points which is in the range for the enforcer to save you.

Now lets put our tinfoil hats on and figure out why this happens. :)

My guess is Nate said in on of the chats that in the fight listings the older gladiator is always the first gladiator listed so we can see in this fights listing: "Fight 566 — SEQUOIA was spared after being trounced by KASPAR WIDMANN." that SEQUOIA is the older glad. Now if they are listed first i bet this continues in the fight code and they go first also as conditions are checked (kinda makes sense), so this would lead to bleed damage being applied to SEQUOIA first which caused a check to see if the enforcer should see if SEQUOIA should quit, which in this case he did before the bleed damage to KASPAR WIDMANN was ever applied.

<Takes off his tinfoil hat>