PDA

View Full Version : 2012 All-Stars Awards

crow
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Here are my votes for this years best glads in each catagory. I expect others to express their opinions then I will finalize the list.

Best Speed Rager Award: Delta - Alpha Team. Won a blood games and sat on the primus throne for about a month earlier this year. Was freed and is now on vacation
1st runner up - Prey - Cainedesoulis Sat on the throne before the War initiative nerf update.
2nd runner up - Wargh - Team Win - Sat on the primus throne for periods of time this year. He is also free and on vacation.

Best dual Power Rager : Belgarad - AB Gold Runner up in many blood games, and sat on the primus throne for awhile. First glad to beat the Emperor
1st runner up Cainedesoulis- Cainedesoulis - long stay of the top 5 for a long time. A few short stints on the throne. Did well in a few of the blood games.
2nd runner up Pissed - BA Gold - HOL glad came up quickly towards the end of the year and has been sitting near the top of the ranking for awhile.

Best 2hand Rage Award: Sedris - Cainedesoulis - Over 400 Kills enough said
1st Runner Up - Incredelous D - Team Ziggler - Pioneer of the High Presence rager
2nd Runner Up - Sliver- Lil Ludis- 60+% win ratio and over 200 kills

Best Speed Theatrics "The can opener division" or the "Solstice Award" however you want to say it.
Winner- Cel - BA Gold Sat on the Throne for a long time, can't remember if she won the blood games.
1st runner up - Slim Talior - Bloody tigers - Sat on the throne several times this year. high initiative with big blades = tough to beat.
2nd runner up - Ormgar - past winner of the blood games and has sat on the throne many of times

Best Defensive Theatrics Award : Echo - Alpha Team - Sat on the throne for a while. mainstay in the top 5 for most of 2011 and early 2012.
1st runner up - Jinrou - Was in and out of the top 10 for most of the year.
2nd runner up - Chuck Norris - Pirate Booty Maybe the oldest glad still in the game. Was in contention for one the more recent blood games.

Best Theatrics KO artist Award: Oedi - theatrics - The original glad and named after the legendary manager himself. He might be a middle of the pack glad in the primus but he has probably laid every single glad out at least once!
1st runner up - Azmael - could have been #1 on this list, but him being so similar to Oedi, I had to give it to the original.
2nd runner up - Azure - that quick little bitch could get you at anytime in the fight.

Best Dual Axe/Mace theatrics Award : Siam - Bloody Tigers - sporting over 200+ strength, that little fella can bring alot of hurt. Even has a undisputed primus tag to boot.
1st runner up : I know Oedi had a very good one. I'm thinking Vanth but I am probably wrong here.
2nd runner up : Feedback please.

Best Dual Sword War Award : Laharl - Triple Crown winner, winner of many blood games, and had his mail sent to the primus throne for awhile
1st runner up - Foxtrot - Won a blood games early this year and followed it up with the highest rankings point total before the update. 420K not bad
2nd runner up - Kaspar Widmann - Bloody Tigers - Has been a consistent member of the top 10 most of year. Even spend a few stints on the throne. Had a nice spot in the top 5 for a long time this year.

Best Dual Mace/ Axe Award : Black Talon - -BA Gold- Huge hitting glad that sat on the throne for some time and competed well in every blood games he was in.
1st runner up - ZeroTwentyOne - Imperial Gaurds - Another huge hitting glad that sits on the primus throne for periods of time
2nd runner up - plenty of canidates let gets some suggestions

Best 2hand/ Pole arms War : ZeroEleven - Imperial Gaurds - Winner of 3 blood games, sat on the throne the longest this year.
1st runner up - Zmash -AB Gold - Destroyed the Emperor and was a frequent visitor of the primus throne
2nd runner up - Toddler - ? team - Might have won a blood games can't remember, but was always near the top. Probably the best pole arms ever.

Best Rage glad of the year
Winner - Belgarad

Best Theatrics glad of the year
Winner - Cel

Best War glad of the year
Winner - ZeroEleven

Gladiator of the year
Winner - ZeroEleven - I don't think there is much debate on this one. :)

Well here is my choices I'm hoping people give thier's and we can decide and I will edit this post and hopefully the final draft will be good.

sevenseas
01-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Congrats to the Cream of the Crop, Can i nominate Bigger Buzz for the stuns himself award? and can i nominate all of my other stables for the "crap of the crop award"? HA!

Cynaidh
01-08-2013, 04:44 AM
Grats to all the glads listed!

Yes Cel did win the bloodgames. (Cel and Zmash are my two glads that have won it) :)

So many names here that have been retired, I still wish there was more to the HOL.... some day hopefully. I know bring Black Talon back for 1 night of terror and mayhem was my funnest moment in the pits this year, I wish we could see all of them more regularly like that.

Apoca1ypse
01-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Speed Rage: such a hard tossup, and I refuse to vote for my own glad (much as he holds a special place for me). My vote would go to prey though as she was the first speed rage based on Byrd of Prey (tier 2 challenge for those forgetting). Wargh was my attempt to get in early on the innovation and was the 2nd one IIRC. In saying that I think Wargh set the record for lowest level to attain undisputed primus champ. I'm not sure on Delta's development story. Sadly speed rage is a bit of a non-event now :( Hopefully post fight engine/skill update that will change.

Power Rage: Belgarad hands down. he also gets best rage full stop imo. Seems like the innovation Cyn made for power rage served much better than efforts in speed rage.

2H Rage: Sedris

Speed Theatrics: Cel

Defensive Theatrics Award : Echo. Wargh's nemisis and the one that found that counterattack is the kryptonite to speed rage. Gotta give kudos to the glad who ended up rendering a whole build redundant

Dual Sword War Award : Laharl

Dual Blunt: ZeroTwentyOne

2H/Pole arms War : As much as I want to vote for Eruption because of his dominance early in the year, most of his success was in the tail end of 2011. Thus my vote goes to ZeroEleven. There is no denying ZeroEleven's effectiveness for the past few months.

Rage of the year: Belgarad

Theatrics glad of the year: Cel

War glad of the year: ZeroEleven

Gladiator of the year: ZeroEleven

Prinny
01-08-2013, 06:55 AM
I had a defensive Theatrics called Jinrou Crow, he actually managed to get into the Primus top 10 for a few battles and is now retired :P
I will also have to add that you forgot about the axes/maces theatrics and the def wars ;)
I could nominate Belca for the third place in the axes/maces War category but Personally I believe he is to new to qualify~

Dainoji
01-09-2013, 04:04 AM
My vote goes to pretty much any of Cyn's glads. He's shown an amazing ability to basically take the throne or storm the top 10 anytime he chooses. Blood Games are a different beast and Oedi owns those hands down!

crow
01-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Updated a bit. still looking for more feedback, especially on the maces/axes theatrics.

Narol
01-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Do you really have a bias against me, Crow ?

4 of my glads stayed in the top 10 of Primus a good part of this year and not a single one of them gets even a nomination ??

Slim Tailor and Siam have been the best theatrics over the last months before the rise of Yukimaru and should be nominated in the speed theatrics category... Ormgar is a legend of the arena but has been out of the loop for most of 2012 and his BG victory was in 2011 while Siam won BG XIII in last October.

Kaspar Widmann also deserves to be nominated in the Dual Swords category, he would have won BG XIV if Zeroeleven had lost the coin flip and also occupied the Primus Throne for a very short time.

Tygros Tex did well in the 2H War category and also had a stay on the throne, but Zeroevelen, Zmash and Toddler did much better overalll so I agree with your selection in that category.

Prinny
01-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Updated a bit. still looking for more feedback, especially on the maces/axes theatrics.

From me the only maces/axes Theatrics I run is Yukimaru Almaz he won decembers BG but that would be his only really noteworthy feat of 2012 since he didn't get his undisputed primus title till early January 2013.
I believe Farum was a maces/axes Theatrics aswell and no doubt oedi and other managers have more of them lingering around there.

There's a sad amount of def wars out there but I think King Bruenor of Narol should hold number 1 seeing as he retired with a 64.1% winrate into for a def war (although I do not know when he switched him to def war)
I have Prinny as a def glad, he currently has a 57.7% winrate and has been running as a def war since the very beginning and is currently trying to get himself into retirement. His most noteworthy achievement would be exhausting a 2H rage without having any equipment on xD

I know there's Aegis aswell from Honorbounds stable though I havent fought that glad nearly enough to really make any estimates on him. No doubt there's more def wars out there but those are the 3 I can come up with right now. Nvm after i wrote that there's Beltank but he's new :P

Narol
01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks mentionning King Bruenor, Prinny...

He was a def war almost from the start, when he finished training his shield skill... Unfortunately he had hit the wall in Primus and never broke in the Top 25. Def wars currently have a very hard time, maybe that will change after the update.

Didn't Dainoji had a defensive war (I forgot the glad's name) ? I don't find any trace of him in Primus or HoL, so he must be retired but for a long time he was the only def war in Primus and that should deserve him a mention...

Prinny
01-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Pharaoh but he got sold I think, would have to ask Dain :P

crow
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I updated the list with Narol's guys. Sorry Narol completely forgot about Slim and Kaspar when making the ranking. I did remember Tygos but I did not feel he out did the 3 ahead of him.

For the most part, I tried to leave out many of the HOL glads this year because they came on so late in the year. The only one that started to dominate early was to me was Pissed.

As for Defensive wars, I did think about that when I was making the rankings but could not think about a single one, being successful. Believe it or not, Eruption before the initiative nerf early in the year was a completely parry based war glad. He rarely went on an offensive based strategy. But after the nerf, he could not compete unless he went offensive.

keep the feedback coming guys. It would be great to have a first class list up there. I still need your feedback Oedi. get on the ball bro.

Narol
01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks Crow, I appreciate that you made an update to include me.