PDA

View Full Version : Banking - Purpose of Gold Banking

Greenhorne
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I understand from reading previous newbie forum posts that you are/were able to deposit gold (less 10% charge) and then buy 1 trophy a day at 150gold.

While I can tell right away imo that this limit is too low and not much of a motivating factor (even 2-3 would be much more acceptable and balance the game from my humble perception) - the fact is i just deposited some gold. Nowhere did i see an option to exchange or trade for trophies?? Can someone please help me out here, much appreciated..

After depositing i just tried hitting the withdraw button and all it did was give me back my gold less the deducted 10% of course. This does not make any sense to me. If you cannot exchange your gold for trophies, exactly what is the point of depositing gold??

Also, i guess that in more days maybe this feature of exchanging gold for trophies has been removed, even limited... in which case it's pretty much a game killer for me - and i just 'donated' at least minimally for a start in purchasing one of the ad options (which dev gains a commission and makes money on of course).

Anybody who can help clarify, explain or help fill me in please do!

sevenseas
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
got two different things mixed up Green....we used to be able to buy 1 trophy per day for $150 gold....not any more. Sorry for the bad news but we all miss our 1 trophy a day. Depositing gold in the bank is just a safe place to put it....a percentage of any gold on you is at risk of being jacked (the spoils of war) by a challenging gladiator, so bank it and no worries:cool:

Dainoji
01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Don't sweat it. The amount of gold you can earn has been increased a lot to the point where you don't need trophies to be competitive and have fun. Do all your tavern runs, fight in the pit fights each day and always challenge gladiators to earn the spoils of war bonus. Everyone has the same level and skill cap and with the ability to buy the best gear at the blacksmith with gold means you'll get to the same place as everyone else it will just take you longer. If you are having fun now, you'll continue to have fun later.

Dainoji
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
forgot to mention, you should click on the question mark button on all the pages if you want more help. The one on the withdrawal page explains why you want to bank your gold.