PDA

View Full Version : Sociability-Buddy enchancements

Greenhorne
01-04-2013, 07:50 PM
#1 - on preview - i received an error msg that i was not logged in. my entire lengthy msg was deleted!

So without all the praise i was issuing and dialogue - long story short:

FYI - fresh new player who has brought one 'gaming' friend with him and possibly a few more on the way in future days.

1) Could a buddy list drop-down be added to messages/mail system, where we can add a member who is a friend.

2) Is it possible to incorporate a limited # of 'invite' pit challenges per week from buddy-to-buddy or even stable-to-stable in general membership. AKA the ability to challenge another member in the pit at a scheduled time.

Made some gamer friends switching to this game together to participate in the game and larger community. Beyond playing what loos to be a well-designed, balanced incredible game, we wanted to be able to stay in touch and challenge each other once is awhile. For example challenge my stable against theirs or even another member i meet here.

riggen
01-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Well, once your gladiators reach level 11 you can start challenging others, you could, in theory just challenge your friend's gladiators constantly.
Might make for a nice rivalry between warriors :P, also, if there's many of you, you can try getting to the top 10 of the same bracket so that you guys also face each other in the free-for all massacres :D

Also, you can send mail to other players. Click the paper scroll thingy icon next to the stable name, or go to the messages tab

Greenhorne
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM
once your gladiators reach level 11 you can start challenging others
did not know this - is there a new players guide i missed explaining these facts - another good suggestion might be to provide a site wiki/section or pdf guide prominently displayed on the login or splash page, etc etc to fill new players in especially during what i assume is a current recruiting process in progression to have new players join and experience the game.

Also me and and my friend tried figuring out how to challenge one another - and there appears to be no option at all beyond just going to the pit or arena and pressing 'fight' which only randomly challenges another player. So... I guess the answer here is that we have to wait to get to level 11 and then the option becomes available, correct?

Also, you can send mail to other players. Click the paper scroll thingy icon next to the stable name, or go to the messages tab

I understand this, I have been using it but you have to manually type in a players name. I am suggesting/requesting a dropdown (like when you select your different gladiators) so you can simply create a mail receipient buddy list - so if i have multiple buddies i can don't have to constantly remember and type their names. If I brought 10 people here - gamer associates I would want a dropdown buddy list menu so i can remember to challenge them and mail them occassionally. Suggestion: add buddy-list dropdown menu to mail system.

Prinny
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I agree having a friendlist in the message tab would be nice. A list that follows the Stables progress of the people you recruited would be cool aswell (not like the watch list but more of a dedicated page or part of the recruited players list)

On another note, The Chat Function and Message system are still fairly new to PoW Greenhorne and the game only has 1 person really in charge of it which would be our almighty Overlord Nate so it might take a while till they will get new updates.