PDA

View Full Version : The Blacksmith

Prinny
12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
The blacksmith, a serious pain in the ass especially to wars.
Nate everyone here can agree on it the blacksmith isn't nice to wars, getting light and medium armour along with heavy armour makes it inceasingly more difficult to equip wars.

This is why I would propose to add a way to get just heavy armour for wars when refreshing in the blacksmith or atleast prevent them from getting light armour, it's not like many wars out there carry it...

My second point would be something that's been brought up quite a few times already which is the cost of 1 trophy to reset either your weapons or your armour list.
I have spend over 600 trophies to search for a couple of specific equipment pieces (which I bought with gold) is simply ridiculous, I don't mind paying for most features at all but that much for a few pieces of equipment is ridiculous.

My proposal would be adding a button to refresh for gold along with the button to refresh for a trophy, be it 1000 or 5000 gold personally I don't care heck you might be able to make a system where it costs 1000 gold to refresh till lvl 15 and increase it with 1000 gold every 10 levels after that making it:
0-15 1000 gold, 15-25 2000gold, 25-35 3000 gold, 35-45 4000 gold and 45+ 5000 gold

Lunarion199
12-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Well this may be because war gladiators aren't always totally in heavy armor. To avoid encumbrance they sometimes need to wear medium or light armor. So they should be able to get those gear at the blacksmith.

A more robust option could perhaps be to have check-boxes for heavy, medium and light armor before a player could refresh the blacksmith's stock.

Edit: Perhaps it might also help if there are check-boxes for purple, blue, green and white items so a player could have increased chances of getting what they want after refreshing the stock.

sevenseas
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
And lets not forget about eliminating the blankety blanks...please Nate? I'm still sad about getting a blank for my big prize at the end of tier 5, too:(

AngryVermin
01-02-2013, 06:04 AM
I would suggest that you paying 600 trophies is exactly why it will not be changed. It is the goal of the game for Nate to make some $$. I do agree with you though.

On the other hand, if it were cheap to do, then we lose a competitive advantage because everyone would have access to the TOP equipment. I look at like "government work". They are a pain in the ass to work for - but because of that, there is less competition (maybe one person out there will appreciate this comment - ; ).

COMPLEMENTARY SUGGESTION: It appears to me that I spend a trophy for a new look at Armor OR weapons. It really should be one trophy for a new look at BOTH, not one or the other.

I would also really like to see a way to arrange or filter my own vault.

As a 30+ year D&D player, from a reality point of view, the DM would just say - its the blacksmith, he has what he has today. That is another way to keep the weapons, armor, and magic from being overpowering in the world.

sevenseas
01-02-2013, 06:10 PM
i just don't like the feeling of not getting all of what you pay for...

Lunarion199
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Will it help if the blacksmith additionally keeps replacing his stock say one gear per hour or two? It may just prove tempting for us to intermittently peep into his stock and who knows our desired gear pops up at which hour...

sevenseas
01-05-2013, 08:45 AM
I've mentioned this to Nate once, but I'm IN LOVE with my idea for a blacksmith membership...Auto repair, and Total access to ALL of the blacksmiths items. Meaning, while you have the membership you can hunt and switch items all day long for FREE...no gold...no trophies... no limits. At the end of the membership, you keep what you're wearing:o

Lunarion199
01-05-2013, 09:49 AM
That idea too seems good.. But I suppose the real excitement will come if at all an auction house is implemented in long term, where players get to share the same pool of gear in the stock and thus there is a great competition if an extraordinary gear rarely comes for sale. Wow I remember those days of playing Gladiatus..

Presently speaking, I too support the idea of refreshing the stock with gold, however large in amount it could be, or at least for first few tries. Additionally, I think the blacksmith should not keep white weapons in stock. Who among us purchase them? Maybe a couple purples or blues could be kept in their place.