PDA

View Full Version : Team Fights

Dainoji
02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
What do you think about the ability to have team fights or large battles? I could see this as being a lot of fun.

Blackwill
02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I can see it now.....The Cheatbags and DeepPockets (sorry.....Meatbags and Deep Hurting) against the world!! I'd have to take out a second mortgage just to afford the required Purples.

What I'd really, really like to see is a "Bare Bones" arena.....Armoury-issue items only. Then we would all get to see exactly who has the chops, and who simply purchases their wins....

Jaradakar
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
To be fair, picking the right gear is a skill. Knowing how to itemize your gladiator to get the best results I believe can and will make a difference. I truly believe that many of the purple items are not as good as the blue. I believe that the purple have more base stats total but it's often a wideness factor where sure it has more stats but they're not always the ones you want and don't have a huge bonus in stats that you do want.

Anyway, that said it would be cool to have a bare knuckle ring that only lets you use the default stable gear (greys).

Team Kaos
02-10-2011, 05:33 PM
What I'd really, really like to see is a "Bare Bones" arena.....Armoury-issue items only. Then we would all get to see exactly who has the chops, and who simply purchases their wins....

Let's get it on!!! C'mon Nate work that code

Arkham
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I think the best solution for that would be a 'tourney'. Every Friday night or something, the epics come off, and you get the white or grey equivalent equipped.

Oh the weight.. my poor War gladiator would be pinned to the arena floor.

Team Kaos
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I say make it leathers or naked. Might seem a bit fetish, but would be a hell of a show.
I like the friday night tourney idea though. Reminds me of the old friday night video fights on what use to be MTV when they actually played the M and V's

Dainoji
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I can see it now.....The Cheatbags and DeepPockets (sorry.....Meatbags and Deep Hurting) against the world!! I'd have to take out a second mortgage just to afford the required Purples.

I'd make this an opt in event so you would be free to not participate.

Blackwill
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
To be fair, picking the right gear is a skill. Knowing how to itemize your gladiator to get the best results I believe can and will make a difference. I truly believe that many of the purple items are not as good as the blue. I believe that the purple have more base stats total but it's often a wideness factor where sure it has more stats but they're not always the ones you want and don't have a huge bonus in stats that you do want.

Okay. That's a load of manure, and you know it. So does everyone else who has ever faced a Grape Ape at level 4 or 5 onward. "Picking the right gear is a skill"???? No...it's called a "Shopping Spree".

That having been said....

I absolutely love the idea of the Friday Night Fights!!! Not sure I'd go for the naked-or-leather approach, but certainly Armoury-issue only! No blues, whites, etc....just the stuff off the rack.

Of course, Nate would have to devise a seperate database to keep track of these fights, and keep the win-loss records seperate (or would these fights even need to be recorded???)

I think it's an awesome idea, which MAY be part of the Black Market module, but we'll have to wait and see. Even if the Black Market doesn't include this type of fight, I think Nate should include it.

Jaradakar
02-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Itemization and being able to figure out which stats your character or in this case gladiator needs to be successful is a skill. Being able to afford them is a different issue all together (the point you're stuck on, which is not what I'm talking about).

I guarantee if purples were free and everyone had access to awesome gear you'd still see specific gladiators at the top and may others at the bottom. Some of it would be due to strategy lines, some to luck, but another major factor would be in what gear people chose to equip. This is a fact, just as it is in World of Warcraft.

Team Kaos
02-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Of course, Nate would have to devise a seperate database to keep track of these fights, and keep the win-loss records seperate (or would these fights even need to be recorded???)

I don't see a need for record keeping as they are just merely weekly tournies. Perhaps winners could recieve something of value and the participants could garner additional skill points or something along those lines for the extra time invested in the game.

Okay. That's a load of manure, and you know it. So does everyone else who has ever faced a Grape Ape at level 4 or 5 onward. "Picking the right gear is a skill"???? No...it's called a "Shopping Spree".

I gotta disagree with that. You can clad your fighter in purples all you want but there needs to be some type of plan otherwise you just have a purple clad pin cushion. He may have advantage over other non planned out blues and greens but vs a well built green/blue he will lose just the same.

Nate
02-13-2011, 04:16 AM
What do you think about the ability to have team fights or large battles? I could see this as being a lot of fun.

Team fights and larger battles in general are on the menu for future additions ranging from one on many to many on many battles in and outside the arena.

-Nate-

Hulkninja
04-19-2011, 01:06 AM
I think team fights would be a great idea, but what should be the max cap of guys on each team? 2? 5? 10!? To me it'd seem like anything is allowed right? Cuz in ancient rome gladiators fought in HUGE groups but alsy 2 on 2, 4 on 4 and sometimes the new reqruits could be sent in againts a much smaller but more excperienced group of warriors. Plz reply. :D

Nate
04-19-2011, 01:36 AM
I think team fights would be a great idea, but what should be the max cap of guys on each team? 2? 5? 10!? To me it'd seem like anything is allowed right? Cuz in ancient rome gladiators fought in HUGE groups but alsy 2 on 2, 4 on 4 and sometimes the new reqruits could be sent in againts a much smaller but more excperienced group of warriors. Plz reply. :D

The design for team fights is not yet complete. But I can see team fights ranging from one on many to many on many, to many groups of teams vs other groups, etc. Once conquests open up you will assuredly see one on many in the form of your gladiator fighting a horde of monsters. Inside the arena I could see a tourney where it's a free for all with the last man standing the winner. The possibilities are endless really limited only by time and resources.

-Nate-

DaMuchi
05-04-2011, 05:28 AM
I have to agree with Team Kaos here. My green fighters (with a few or none purps or blues) pick off poorly planned grape apes all the time.

Group fights sound enticing but is going to have to run on an entirely new battle calculations if it is going to be fun. I don't think this idea will be implemented anytime soon, maybe even never.